Advertisement
Remove

ENCEINTE MURDERER

 

 

Finally exiting the long-winding valley, Lynne and the group all collapsed onto their butts, sighing in relief. They’d been stuck inside the maze-like tree-built-villain for nearly a week, with seemingly no exit in sight. Alas, they had at last seen the sun again… well, they would if it wasn’t cloudy.

 

Nearly a whole month had passed since they departed from Skyfire. They were well within the Roylhard Kingdom’s borders, and were moving eastward at a rather quick pace, as they didn’t get sidetracked by anything.

 

Setting up the campfire, two small, makeshift tents, the group sat around while the bird flew off to find some food for them. Each member had its own duties: the bird would seek the food, the monkey would seek the spices, the Prince would cook, Thalia would look for water sources, and Lynne would wait for everyone to be done so he could eat. They had spent days in such harmony, and today’s appeared to be the same as before… except cloudy.

 

Okay,” the Prince said as he finished setting up the fire, sitting down to wait for the meal delivery from the bird. “Tonight we feast!”

Aah,” Thalia sighed as she spoke. “You’ll fatten me up with your delicious food!”

You mean it can get even worse?” Lynne probed, smiling innocently.

“… you know you love me, so stop trying to hide it.”

Of course I love you,” Lynne said. “You’re my only connection with the love of my life!”

Would you stop fantasizing about the Master?” Thalia shook her head. “She’s not someone you can afford to love.”

Hey, just because she broke our promise to meet up after that life and death ordeal doesn’t mean she doesn’t love me back!” Lynne exclaimed.

Trust me, that’s not the reason she doesn’t love you.” the Prince chimed in.

What do you mean?” Lynne barked at him.

Well, let me put it this way,” Prince Parsia paused for a moment to gather his thoughts before continuing. “You’re easy to despise, hate, wish to kill, wish to absolutely decimate to the last fiber of your being, but you’re practically impossible to love unless it’s a close relative in question. Even then I’d have my doubts.”

Hey, I’m easy to love! I’m all… snuggles and… bunnies… and…”

I honestly can’t understand how your mind is wired.” it has become somewhat of a norm for the past month for everyone to gang up on Lynne regularly. “I get a headache each time I try.” Thalia finished.

Hey, my grandma said,” Lynne begun. “That I’m the steady rock abound the surface, shielding my warm, gentle and kind innards from the cruel world!”

Yeah, and I’m chiming Princess destined to give birth to seventy-two great warriors.”

Wow, you’re ambitious.” Lynne nodded. “Once you grow up, hit me up and I’ll help along.”

Thanks, but I’m afraid world is better off without another one of you walking around.”

Too late,” the Prince chimed in. “You’re already there.”

True.” Lynne nodded. “Except she’s a worse version of me. You know, the one you give to your little brother just to let him think you actually love him, while you keep the good stuff for yourself.”

Truth be told, I’m pretty sure I’d want your little brother over you if you had one.” Thalia said calmly.

Hey, anyone would want my lil’ bro over me! Very few women out there can handle me!” Lynne exclaimed proudly, puffing out his chest.

Hey, guys,” the monkey suddenly leapt out from a small bush on the side, landing atop the Lynne’s head. “While it’s fun to poke and annoy Lynne, we’ve… well, technically, I’ve discovered something… khm… Lynne-ish.”

Oh no!” Thalia exclaimed, gasping.

Is it finally the end of the world?!!” the Prince followed.

Hey, hey!” Lynne protested somewhat. “Is it?” but then added.

“… yeah, as if Lynne could cause the end of the world,” the monkey laughed, its squeaky voice echoing out. “Follow me, it’s best you see it.”

 

As they were stranded atop the cliff-side, with a massive valley behind, deep fall in front, and two steep descents at the sides, the group had to move carefully as they went deeper into the pit. In the end, they were forced to cast spells to light up the surroundings.

 

As they descended deeper, Lynne’s brows creased as he began noticing splatters of blood on the walls and the ground. While faint and seemingly old, he realized they weren’t heading for anything good.

 

Finally, after about half an hour of descent, they reached the bottom of the pit, hidden underneath the gray fog. A lakeside forest sprung forth, trees tall and bulky, while the lake itself was completely crimson. Bodies were strewn about it, some mutilated, some still whole; some rotting, some relatively fresh.

 

When Lynne cast his glance through the entirety of the lakeside, he was shocked to realize all were women – middle-aged at that.

 

How is this me?!!” he suddenly shouted as he began running from one body to another, crying. “Oh my God!! Look at her! Even dead she’s beautiful! Can you imagine how beautiful she was before, you know, the dead part?!! What bastard did this?!! Tell me, who did this?! I’ll cut his dick off and shove it up his ass so deep it’ll exit through his throat!! Bastard, where’s your heart?!! Noooo!!” Lynne was bent over one of the corpses, crying like a little child.

 

“… I don’t think I’ve ever seen him this passionate.” the Prince said.

Stolen story; please report.

Now imagine if all of them were alive,” Thalia added. “And naked.”

“…”

Do you notice anything odd?” Thalia asked as she inspected a corpse closer.

You mean besides the general corpse-like situation?” the Prince replied.

No, look at their stomachs.” Thalia said.

“… they were all either pregnant or have given birth shortly before being killed.” the Prince said, grimacing. “Some of these bodies aren’t older than a week.”

Wait, this is familiar,” Thalia said lowly as she sunk into thought. “Hey, Lynne,” she called out to the boy on his knees, holding a corpse tenderly. “Seriously, stop that, it’s beyond weird!”

Weird?!! Love is weird? Wait, that came out wrong! Not love, compassion, sympathy, empathy! Are you even human if you claim it’s weird?!”

“… ah, screw it,” Thalia shook her head as she walked up to him. “Hey, do you remember the Enceinte Murderer from a few years back?” she asked.

Of course I remember the bastard!!” Lynne replied, his face grim. “Do you know who he killed, huh? Alsa! She was eleventh best… friend… of mine back then! What of him?”

I think this is his doing,” she said. “All of these women were either pregnant or have recently given birth,” she added. “Unless another weirdo was born, it’s probably him.”

Yeah, I’ve noticed,” Lynne sighed, getting up. “We should leave.”

Leave?” Thalia raised her eyebrow as she asked.

Of course we should leave,” Lynne said, his expression serious. “He eluded the united forces of multiple Kingdoms and small factions for years. Rumor has it that he’s a Celestial Magus. The best we can do is report what we found to the nearest city and wash our hands from it.”

“… would you do that if I was the one lying here?” Thalia asked.

The first thing I’d do is wonder who the heck was insane enough to knock you up,” Lynne said calmly. “But afterwards, it depends. If it’s still Enceinte Murderer, then yes.”

What do you think Parsia?” she turned around, ignoring Lynne completely for a moment.

I should be able to track him, at least partially, as the scene is still relatively fresh,” the Prince crouched down, inspecting soil, his brows furrowed. “There are several tracks here,” he then pointed towards the entrance of the forest, near a jagged stone. “Looks like three or four people at least.”

Maybe his prisoners?”

Hm,” the Prince nodded. “There are two drag marks, so probably.”

Let’s go then,” Thalia said, taking the lead. “When do you think we’ll be able to catch up to him?”

I don’t know,” the Prince shook his head, following her. “We can only follow the tracks.”

Fine!!” Lynne suddenly shouted. “I conclude it’s best if we bring this madman to justice!!” he suddenly bolted towards the front of the group, the monkey on his shoulder shaking his head. “How can a just, kind, gentle man like myself allow such a beast to prowl about freely? Hah! In another world maybe!”

“…”

“… good save man.” the Prince said, giving him a thumbs up.

Still, we should probably eat first,” Lynne said, suddenly stopping. “And wait until dawn. I mean, what if we come across him while our stomachs are rumbling? Meals are important! They’re essential component to a healthy lifestyle, as they increase--”

Just say you want to eat, please.” Thalia interrupted him, sighing.

I wanna eat.” Lynne said bluntly.

It’s a good idea though,” the Prince said. “The bird should be back soon as well.”

Let’s just do it someplace a bit… away… from here…” Lynne said, glancing backwards.

 

They moved slightly through the forest until they found a round clearing. Setting up a temporary campsite, the group sat down and relaxed until the bird returned, bringing with it a massive, two-meters long deer.

 

Hah, do you see this?!” the bird exclaimed, puffing out its chest. “This is what I call good hunting! Who’s the best, huh? Of course it’s me! I’m the best! Say it: say that I’m the best!”

Liz-boy,” Lynne called out, ignoring the bird. “Your assistance is required.” the lizard creature came into being from a flash, sitting next to the bird, nodding while smiling.

You’re so amazing Master Phoenix,” the lizard said. “I bet only you can catch a deer this large.”

Hah, but of course my dear Lizard Child,” the bird laughed as it spoke. “Let me tell you of the time I killed a fifteen evolutions wolf…” the two quickly entered their usual routine; the lizard’s job in the group was to feed the bird’s ego, as if it’s angry, it refuses to hunt. In return, the lizard is given food, and is allowed to train inside the Emperor’s Realm inside Lynne’s soul.

 

How’d you come across that anyway, monkey?” Lynne asked, his mouth drooling after the slowly rotating deer.

I come across many strange things in my journeys,” the monkey explained. “Look no further than yourself.”

Oh right,” Thalia suddenly exclaimed, as if she remembered something. “I noticed something strange about your weapon Parsia,” she pointed at the latter’s belt. “Whenever I try to inspect it with Soul Force, it’s immediately bounced back, as if the belt has the will of its own.”

It’s ‘cause it has.” the Prince explained, carefully attending to the deer.

What?!” Thalia exclaimed, shocked.

What’s so strange about it?” the Prince looked at her strangely. “Any weapon that had undergone at least twelve Spirit Enhancements gains sentience of its own.”

“… you’ve lost me.” Thalia said bluntly.

Lost you?”

What the hell’s Spirit Enhancement?” she asked.

“… you don’t know?” the Prince asked, nearly tripping over nothing and falling.

Does that look like the face in the known?” Lynne chimed in, smiling mockingly.

Like you do know!” Thalia rebuked. “I’d give up my thumbs if you could tell me what are Temporary Evolutions!”

“… who the hell would want your thumbs?” Lynne evaded.

So, what are Spirit Enhancements?” Thalia moved her attention back onto the Prince.

It’s similar to any other form of enhancements,” the Prince explained. “Using materials to enhance the Soul Weapon. Of course, depending on the Master Enhancer, the amount of times one can upgrade the weapon varies. Wait, do you guys know about Enchanting then?”

Like… enchanting the lady into--”

No!!” both Thalia and the Prince immediately interrupted him. “No, we don’t.” Thalia added.

It’s embedding additional properties into your Soul Weapon,” the Prince elaborated. “For instance, the reason why the strands can transform into coiling dragons is because of the Master Enchantment. Usually, Enhancing and Enchanting go hand in hand, and if you’re a master of one you’re usually a Master of both.”

Wow,” Thalia exclaimed, playing with her hair lightly. “You sure do know a lot.”

“… I’ve been meaning to ask you guys,” the Prince then said. “How the hell can you afford to keep feeding the damn monkey with pills and potions?! Is there an ancient alchemy trove in this realm or something?”

“… ha ha,” Lynne suddenly laughed out loud, winking at Thalia. “I bet everything just plunged down like a farting shit!”

“…”

“…”

“…”

 

Yeah,” Lynne said. “Not my proudest moment.”

I’d wager it’s actually in the top ten.” Thalia said. “And,” she then turned towards the Prince. “What do you meant alchemy trove? Lynne’s an Alchemist. The reason the monkey sticks with him is because he can concoct the pills the monkey keeps eating.”

 

Alchemy? Concocting? The what?!”

“…”

“…”

 

The deer was roasted, the group silent, the monkey merrily chewing on the pills, the bird and the lizard discussing the bird’s legendary battle against a sixty-nine evolutions Fire Phoenix… all was right with the world.

Advertisement
Remove

Support "Skyfire Magus"

About the author

beddedOtaku

Bio: Launched a new blog--new blog, new me. That's how that goes, right?

Achievements
Comments(8)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In