Kingdoms Online

by

Termax

Chapter 13: Preparing for more help


A note from Termax

This story should be read as a draft, and not a completed version.

I started this story with only an idea. One day I sat down and just started free-writing, and still continue like that now.

I will be going back, and slightly re-writing earlier chapters to add details or alter them to fit the stories future progress.

This will, of course, cause longer release times of chapters like this one.

Thanks for reading Kingdoms Online!

Advertisement
Remove

Rick released Angelica after she had calmed down and took note of what she was wearing.

"That dress you have on is very pretty, but I need to get you an outfit a bit less....transparent?"

Rick said as he walked over to pour out the last of the molten gold into the stone cast 1300 slots.

Angelica looked down examining what she was wearing "Oh, I don't know where this dress came from, I never saw it before." She told Cedric as she pulled at it and spun around trying to view more of what she had on.

If I walk into a crowded town with her wearing this thing I will have to beat men off her the entire time.

"What should I wear my lord? I have never had clothes in that place."

Rick smiled at her at took her hand and walked upstairs out of the cellar. They stood in the unfinished tower looking out across the plains for a moment before Rick spoke up.

"I am going to bring you to a city with me, so I can buy you new clothes, and any other items you will need"

"A city!" She exclaimed suddenly perking up. With a smile on her face expectant face. "I have memories of what cities are, but I am unsure if I ever been to one."

Rick chuckled at her excitement. "There will be many people walking around so you must remember not all of them will be nice you must stay by my side"  Rick warned her as his smile vanished taking on a serious expression.

Angelica walked over to his side leaning slightly against him. "This is my only wish, to always stay by my Lord's side"

"Alright, I am going to use a magic spell that will open a black door, when we walk through it will have sent us inside the town already." Rick finished explaining the spell then cast the [Portal Gate] connecting their location to the interior of Vardon's Tailoring shop.

Rick looked at Angelica and nodded taking her by the hand to provide her with reassurance as they both stepped through the portal instantly arriving at their destination.

Rick closed the gate and walked toward the back of the shop in search of the Master Tailor. They found Vardon organizing the out of place materials and patterns at his workspace that happened to get tossed around over time as he had been quite busy until recently.

"Hello, Vardon I'm back once again in need of your superior talents," Rick called out to the tailor making their presence known as he strolled between the racks of clothing, with Angelica following along looking at everything around her.

Vardon setting down and the boxes he was currently arranging bowed to Rick as he approached him. "Sir is far too kind, I only hope I can continue to live up to your expectations"

"I have no doubt you will succeed!" Rick reached out and shook Vardon's hand with a smile.

"Well let me introduce you to my new friend, this is Angelica/" Stepping aside he gestured to the beautiful girl behind him that seemed quite distracted taking in all the clothes and items around her until she heard Rick say her name.

Angelica's eyes grew wide momentarily from what Rick had just said. Then recovering she looked to Vardon and spoke up. "Hello sir I am Angelica"

"Angelica is in need of more suitable attire. She has just been sent to my side by the Goddess Faith with only this dress she has on."

Vardon gave Rick a curious look at the mention of Faith but continued to listen without interruption.

"I would like to view some of your custom designs this time for women, in casual and formal wear."

"Verry good Sir" Vardon opened a drawer in the large workbench behind him and brought out a binder with his personal designs and handed it to Rick.

Vardon gestured to the table and chairs in the corner while inviting them to get comfortable while they looked through the drawings. Rick and Angelica sat at the table and Rick placed the binder between them and opened it.

Rick asked Angelica if she had any particular preferences before they got started. Angelica told him that as she had lived for a long time in that lonely vast landscape she never had clothing or any possessions to speak of.

Rick sadly shook his head at hearing her reply then smiled telling her not to worry he would take care of it.

As he skimmed through the drawings he saw some great designs a lot of them true to the current fashion with a corset top and "puffy" full-length ball gown skirt.

These huge gowns are great for attending lavish parties, but I want to make her clothing easier to move in.

He came across a dress that caught his eye. The dress was form fitting in a column style. It was made of light gold satin that looked like the color of sunlight. The dress had a deep burgundy ribbon tied corset top that flowed down the back and sides of the dress and wrapped around the shoulders to accent the dress.

I would like to raise my new tailoring skill and make more modern styles for her, I'm just not sure how they would go over with the current fashions everyone is wearing at this time.

Vardon's designs mainly aimed toward a woman of the noble class so he could not find an outfit that was fashioned for the wilderness wear.

Rick glanced over to Vardon who was keeping himself busy organizing still.

"Vardon, do you think I could have a sheet of parchment and use your colored chalk for a few moments?"

"Certainly sir, give me just a moment please." He opened a couple drawers and a minute later produced a couple sheets of parchment and a wood box of thin colored chalk sticks. Vardon brought it over to set them on the table and curiously stood by to see what Rick might do.

Well, it is time to find out if those high school elective art classes will help me out here. I have worked with chalk many times, if I apply the same techniques it should work out.

He began by sketching out a light simplified skeleton then began to add volume to the figure. When he had the proper proportions he began to lightly draw out the outfit. He made a cross on the face to align the eyes, nose, and mouth and drew the form of the hair. He moved onto the clothing from there since detailed facial features were not necessary.

The outfit that came to life was quite similar to what a female pirate would wear in the popular movies. The blouse was olive green with hunter green lace patchwork that ran around the neckline and down the front string tied placket. Over the shirt, he drew a black leather with shoulder straps corset. For the bottoms, he drew a pair of tight olive green leggings with calf high black leather boots. When the outfit was done he used his fingertip to smear the chalk to create colored shadows and highlights bringing the creation to life.

While he paused after finishing the outfit to think of what else she could do he looked Angelica over then reached for another sheet of parchment.

There are a couple more items that they do not have available in this era yet that she most definitely needs.

Once again he began to sketch out a basic bra pattern from a slight side angle to show the cup curves. Then he drew in the lower band under the bust that wrapped around to the back. The straps attached to the outer cups looped over the shoulders to attach to the band. off to the side he drew a closeup of the back bands hook and eye fasteners. Then below the bra, he sketched out a modern pair of woman's underwear.

If my memory is right women wear underwear that looks like long linen shorts. They would not be comfortable under pants or armor at all.

"Here you go Vardon, I would like this gold satin dress I found in your designs and this outfit I drew up." Rick handed the parchment with the outfit artwork.

"This is drawing is very well done sir, though I have never seen fashion quite like this,"  Vardon told him as he looked over the new creation.

"This outfit is from my world's history it was popular with women swordsmen of the time" He explained the outfit leaving out the pirate part as he picked up the second sketch.

"This as well is a design from my world. It is a women's undergarment that provides support to their chest." He pointed out how the bra is supposed to be worn and how the fastener clip together.

After Vardon had everything he needed to get started Rick told him to make a few extras of the undergarments and asked when he should return to pick them up. Vardon informed him he was slow the last few days so he could devote all his time to everything with his assistants help they would have it all finished for him by tomorrow near closing time.

Before Rick left he bought a simple long sleeve dark blue dress trimmed in white so that she had a replacement garment to wear around town for the next day and a half.

Angelica went into the changing area and they then left the shop heading to Jessica's general store.

Walking the crowded city street the alluring young woman at Rick's side drew just as many looks as he figured she would. Rick decided to project is Aura of Intimidation skill out around them to head-off any unnecessary trouble before it began.

With Angelica currently distracted with taking in the City's sights, Rick decided to check his notices he had been ignoring.

 

 New Skill Notice!

 

New Skill Learned!

Artist:  Level 1 (Beginner 11%)

The Artist skill  allows you to create art drawings in different medias.

Level increases allow for higher quality and value of artwork.

 

New Title Notice!

You have shown respect to the fallen guards of The Temple of Faith.

You have granted these heroes a burial with honors after they fell allowing their brethren to escape.

You have been awarded the title: The Honor Guard

Fame Increased: +1000

Honor Increased: +500

All members of any military or guard group will show you respect and admiration.

 

Currently displaying title: The White Knight

All awarded titles stack with the currently displayed title.

 Wow, I received another title. This title seems like it could be useful to avoid trouble.

 

Skill Increase: Masonry: Level 2 (Expert 87%)

 

Skill Increase: Carpentry: Level 1 (Expert 13%)

 

Skill Increase: Digging: Level 9 (Intermediate 24%)

 

Skill Increase: Smelting: Level 8 (Beginner 27%)

 

Skill Increase: Hammering: Level 8 (Beginner 53%)

 

New Recipe Notice!

You Learned A New Recipe!

Cement

This recipe will allow you to instantly create cement if all ingredients are present and a container large enough to hold it exists in your inventory.

 

 

Cedric Crownguard
Strength: 27 Level: 4
Stamina: 29 Health: 280
Vitality: 28 Mana: 600
Intelligence: 60 Pieity: +175
Wisdom: 27 Fame: +2125
Agility:  11 Honor: +1000
Charisma:  14 Alignment: +1000 (neutral)
Leadership: 3 Satiety: 67
Luck: 3 Class: (none)
Health Regen/Sec 0.5 Mana Regen/Sec 1.2
Feudal Domain: 25 acres Race: Human
Feudal Title:  Baron Unused Points: 15
Title: The White Knight
Title: The Honor Guard
Current Platinum Gold Silver Copper
Currency 12 30 34 0
 

 I still have 15 unused points that I need to figure where to distribute, maybe Leadership?

It looks my Feudal Title also changed from Freeman to Baron, I wonder why?

Show Feudal Title Menu!

 

Feudal Title Menu

 

Feudal Titles Acres Needed Population needed Required Buildings
Baron / Baroness: one or more acres one or more people  None
Viscount / Viscountess:  640 acres 50 people Commoner Housing
Count / Countess: 2560 acres 100 people Barracks
Marquess / Marchioness:  5760 acres 150 people Temple
Duke / Duchess: 10240 acres 200 people Noble Housing
King / queen: 16000 acres 250 people Castle

 I see certain requirements need to be met for my title to increase.

Unauthorized tale usage: if you spot this story on Amazon, report the violation.

 

Show Skill Menu!

 

 

Skills List
Anatomy: Level 5   (Beginner 25%) Hammering Level 3 (beginner 8%) 
Archery: Level 6  (Beginner 63%) Identify: Level 2  (Beginner 26%)  
Aura  Level 1 (Beginner 0%) Iron Scan: Level 6 (Beginner 87%) 
Aura: Intimidation Level 1 (beginner 0%)  Knives: Level 2 (Beginner 35%) 
Blacksmithing level 3 (beginner 60%) Lumberjack: Level 4 (Beginner 48%)  
Carpentry: Level 2 (Intermediate 95%)  Martial Arts Level 9 (Beginner 27%)
Cartography: Level 4 (Beginner 10%) Masonry: Level 9 (Intermediate 80%)
Climbing: Lever 6 (Intermediate 0%) Mining: level 6 (Intermediate 06%)  
Cooking: Level 8 (Advanced 48%)  Night Sight: Level 5  (Beginner 87%)  
Demigod's Dialect: level 2  (Master 26%)  Paving: Level 7 (Intermediate 67%) 
 Digging: Level 2 (Intermediate 27%) Photoreading  
Farsight: Level 1 (beginner 0%)  Shield Bash: level 1  (beginner 16%)
 Field Dress: Level 3 (57%) Shipwright: Level 3 (Intermediate 74%)
 Firemaking: Level 1 (Beginner 75%)  Smelting Level 5 (beginner 86%) 
 First aid: Level 8 (Beginner 50%)  Swords: Level 8 (Beginner 76%)  
 Foraging: Level 3 (Beginner 0%)   Staff Fighting: Level 2 (Beginner 0%) 
 Forging Level 4 (beginner 74%) Taming: Level 5 (Beginner 14%)  
Forging: Blade Level 1 (beginner 0%)   
 
Known Languages
Human Level 10 (Master 100%)
Elven Language: Level 2 (beginner 94%)
Dwarven Language: Level 8 (beginner 23%)
 

 My skills keep stacking up, but I never have a chance to raise them.

 

 Show Magic Menu!

 

Magic Menu
Nature Affinity: Level 6 (Beginner 91%)
Earth Affinity: Level 1 (Beginner 0%)
Portal Gate: cost 250 mana per cast.

Haha, look at this sad little magic list, maybe I should break into the magic guild and steal all the spell books they're hoarding.

 

 

He closed out all the menus when they arrived at the general store. Rick pointed out the shop to Angelica and she followed him inside.

When they entered Jessica's shop she ran out from behind the counter to Cedric and embraced him.

Angelica stood gaping wide-eyed with her mouth slightly open at them. Jessica let go of him a couple seconds later, then looked to Angelica and playfully apologized. "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see you in my excitement are you Cedric's girlfriend?" She asked with a playful smile.

"This is my new friend Angelica, she isn't my girlfriend she was sent to me by a goddess to...live with me?" Rick said. "Though that does kinda sound like a girlfriend, long story short we only met over an hour ago." 

"I see so she won't get mad if I kiss you then?" Jessica asked laughing while looking at Angelica.

Angelica stepped up next to him and wrapped her hands around his arm holding onto him tightly while defiantly staring at Jessica.

Jessica laughed loudly. "It looks like she has some fight in her"

Rick chuckled remembering the classes he added to her. "Don't let her pretty face fool you she has a lot of fight in her!"

"Why don't you two wait here and talk while I go on a shopping spree buying half the items in this shop,"  Rick told the two girls.

Angelica still clamped onto his arm didn't let go. "I wish to stay with my Lord," She told Rick looking up with puppy dog eyes.

Letting out a defeated sigh Rick put his arm around her shoulder and led her down the isles, as Jessica returned to her counter laughing at his situation.

 

I will need a larger collection of tools for my future workers I will put to work on the tower and town. I will just buy everything now instead of wasting my time making them myself.

Rick made numerous trips to the counter with his arms loaded with tools and supplies.

I have so far brought up to the counter: hammers, shovels, picks, wood chisels, stone chisels, axes, wood saws, stone saws, a spool of string, 400 ft of rope, mason trowels, a barrel of wood stain, paint brushes, wood planers, first aid kits, carpenter squares, soaps, hair combs, towels, wash cloths, many variants of cookwares and glues.

When he put the last of the stuff down on and around the front counter Jessica shook her head. "Cedrick you weren't kidding about buying half the store."

Cedrick started laughing at that. "I finally bought some land and I will have more people joining me soon and they will show up with only the shirts on their backs so I need to stock up on everything"

"The crazy thing is this only the start of my shopping spree today!" He told Jessica while shaking his head in exasperation.

He paid Jessica for everything and stored it all into his inventory while telling her he would see her again soon.

Rick walked into the center plaza searching through the traders with Angelica and found a farmer selling produce. Rick bought several baskets full of vegetables, and fruits. He then bought a barrel of cooking oil, milk and a crate full of bread loafs. From the crowded plaza full of people buying and selling, he and Angelica walked into an alley to use the portal spell to zip them across town to the weapon shop he previously shopped at.

"This is a weapons store that I found the other day let's go inside and find some new equipment for you." He told Angelica.

Rick and Angelica entered the shop and went to talk with the shop owner about his stock.

"Hello, sir I'm Cedric I was in the other day and bought some weapons from you and would like to pick up a few more today for Angelica here," Rick told the Shop owner while gesturing toward the quiet girl behind him. 

"The name is Cale Coldblade I be the owner ere. I remember ya well not many humans coming ere without an attitude toward me for being a dwarf shop owner in a human city."

"I am a [Chosen] and recently just came to this city and have nothing against Dwarfs like these other jealous idiots." He told Cale.

"I had a feeling it was like that, last time I walked through this crafting district I came across a group of Dwarves that didn't want anything to do with me." Rick said with a frown.

"Aye, most of us Dwarves would rather keep outa trouble we just want ah work and live peaceful like without being harassed" Cale explained.

"Well, nuff about that how can I help the pretty las out."

"Well to start I want to see any matching longswords of quality that you have." He told Cale.

The owner brought over two sets of longswords for them to check out that seemed about the same quality as the sword Rick presently owned. Then he went into the back room and returned carrying a wood case moments later.

"I've got these two iron sword sets ere that are a good make and over here, in this case, they are a bit more in quality and cost."

The dwarf opened up the case to reveal to beautifully decorated longswords with solid gold sword hilts that have scales engraved into them all around the grip that connects to a vicious looking dragon's head with inset ruby eyes for the sword's pommel. The blades of the swords have a shiny high polished finish unlike the dull dark gray iron look of the other blades.

Rick reached out lightly setting his fingertips on one of the blades and fed mana into it while using his [Identify] skill.

 

Twin Platinum Dragons
Attack: 25-30 Durability: 500/500
Quality: Rare Bonuses: +5 STR
A set of exceptional platinum and iron blended blade longswords. Made by a Dwarven expert blacksmith by mixing platinum, iron, and a drop of dragon's blood these swords now retain a minuscule amount of this Dragon's strength.

 

"Platinum, iron, and a drop of dragon's blood? I didn't even know such a thing was possible!"  Rick exclaimed.

"Aye, you got a good detection skill lad, you could make a lot of traders jealous with that." Cale said impressed. "This set was made in my homeland by an expert dwarf blacksmith who somehow came across a couple drops of Dragon's blood and added one to each sword."

"Can you add any monster blood to to the smelting metal to gain bonuses?"  Rick asked Cale.

"It is possible thou the amount used and monster it is harvested from changes the effects and strengths." Cale said.

This is incredible I need to start saving monster's blood for experimenting.

Rick slid the wood case across the counter toward Angelica.

"Pick them up see how they feel in your hands."

Angelica reached for the set of longswords taking them from the case. "They are a little heavy but they feel good." She said then backed up a few paces and swung them around. She swung the two blades around her gracefully as if they were a part of her. Then returned them to the case.

If she can use these blades this skillfully at level four what will she be like at level twenty?

"They feel heavy because they are blended with platinum which is even heavier than gold. The handles are also made out of gold adding to the weight. They do have bonuses that add +10 to your strength so they actually do not feel quite as heavy as their true weight." Rick explained to her.

"So, Cale since these have platinum blended in I am sure they are expensive right?" Rick said scowling.

"They are but I have had them for far too long because of that, now they just sit in the back wasting space and gathering dust." Cale said throwing his hands up.

"The original price for this set was four platinum" Cale whispered.

Rick whistled at that number "I can see why they are gathering dust that is small fortune for a couple of swords"

"Aye, thou if you want them I can sell them to you for one platinum, just so I can be rid of em." Cale said looking defeated.

"That still is quite a lot of money, but I will take them. I can see the craftsmanship and materials used are all excellent." Rick said.

Rick then had Angelica try out a few bows to find one that fit her. They then picked out a nice leather quiver, iron shield, and arrows for her. He wanted to have a stock of arrows for an emergency so he bought even more while he was here.

After handing over enough money to buy another custom unit like Angelica, he asked Cale where he could buy armor for her in the crafting district and headed out following Cale's directions to the Armor shop.

The Armor shop Cale sent them to was small but it specialized in women's armor. The owner was an older Dwarf woman named Tera Sharn. Cale had recommended her because she made what she sold and was damn good at it.

They had found scale mail armor with iron pauldrons attached for her torso. For leg armor, they picked out a pair of scale mail leggings and black leather greaves to fit over the leggings. They strapped the two new swords around her waist with a thick black leather belt. Rick then had her wear a pair of black leather gloves with scale mail sewn to the back side of them to protect from blade slashes.

"You look great Angelica how does it all feel anything uncomfortable?" Rick asked her looking over her armor fastenings.

"it feels good I can move around well in it, although I am still getting used to wearing clothes and armor."

Terra the shop owner looked up at Rick with a questioning expression and one eyebrow raised at Angelica's comment. Rick just laughed and told her it was a long story. They left Terra's armor shop soon after with Angelica wearing her new armor and swords looking truly formidable.

Walking between the buildings Rick opened a gate to his blacksmith teacher's business and bought about four hundred pounds of coal from him while also updating him on how he bought some land but was only still getting started out.

Since they had not been at the blacksmith long Rick's mana was still low so they decided to walk over to the Pretty Kitty Inn he had a suite rented. When they arrived at the Inn Rick explained to Mia the inn's owner that he would not be extending his stay when his week ended on his suite rental. After a quick talk and with Mia they sat down and had an excellent lunch.

For their lunch, they both order the special. It was baked deer marinated in brown sugar, garlic, and onion powder. The special came with two sides of potatoes and carrots. The waitress recommended the house cider for drinks. Rick not having much time to sit down and talk with Angelica began to explain everything about how he was a [Chosen] newly arrived in this world like her. Rick even revealed his plans on how he intended to build up his own kingdom and have others join them along the way who wish to become a part of it all.

Following lunch, Rick took Angel upstairs to show her the suite he rented and relax before heading back to the work on the tower.

"This room is beautiful my Lord it looks like a king lives here." She told Rick while exploring the room.

Rick saunter across the room smiling at Angelica's curiosity for everything. He opened the glass balcony doors and called Angelica out on the balcony with him to show her the view. They enjoyed the sights and sounds of the city for a few minutes until Rick walked back into the room. He unequipped his boots and propped up a pillow to sit up on the bed and wait for the rest of his mana to regen.

Angelica came in after him and asked if she could sit next to him.

"Of course you can, actually now that I think about we should get used to it because we will be sleeping in the same bed together for some time to come." He told her since they would be sharing the tower with the workers up till they finish it and make a few temporary wood shacks to sleep in at night.

After she removed her sword belt and laid them on the love seat she sat down on the bed.

"I don't mind that." She said scooting across the bed to lean her head on his shoulder.

"Is it ok if I ask you a question, my Lord?" Angelica said quietly while looking down.

"Listen here Angelica you can ask me a question whenever you like and you don't have to keep calling me "Lord" either. You can call me Cedric or Rick whichever you prefer."

After a moment of silence, he spoke up. "Now don't be shy ask me what you would like to know." [Rick]

Rick noticed a flush appear across her cheeks when she looked at him o speak.

"It isn't fair my Lord" she quietly said loud enough for him to hear. Angelica]

"What is it tell me I won't get mad at you."  [Rick]

"It isn't fair that women got to hug you and said she would kiss you" [Rick]

Rick softly chuckled "Ah, so that is what this is about. I don't want you to feel obligated to do things like that Angelica. That is for you to decide on not me." He reached out and lightly held her face in his hands as he explained to her.

"I do not want you to think you are my slave or my servant. I want you to make your own decisions and live happily."

Angelica smiled then leaned in and kissed him. When they pulled apart Angelica slowly opened her eyes.

"I have then decided my Lord we must do that more often." She told him with a little smile,

Rick laughed loudly hearing that. "That is your first free decision then, that we will kiss more often?"

She just nodded her head while blushing at him.

He thought that she was so cute he kissed her on the forehead before they got up to head back to the tower.

 

Back at the tower Rick brought out the Long dining table and ten chairs and set them out for Angelica to sit down while he was busy working. He looked through his Inventory at the books he found under the temple and removed one about the Island they were on.Tthe books description says it was written with the years of information the people of the temple gathered from exploring this island.

"I will be busy for awhile you might find this interesting it is written by the followers of the goddess who sent you to me." He said

"You may even learn some useful things about this island that I don't know yet." He told her as he handed over the book.

Walking down stairs he placed his hand on the stack of stone block to store them in his inventory. He then climbed the cellar stairs and began stacking and cementing the blocks neatly until they reached ten rows above the wood first floor.

With the hammer and stone chisel, he once again cut out the joist beam slots in the blocks across the room. He then made and fit the joists into their slots careful not to drop one of them on Angelica's head as she enthusiastically read her book below him.

When he had the joist skeletal framework complete he made another staircase up to where the second floor would be soon. He put more detail into this staircase since it was on the upper levels. Using his wood chisels and files he worked the banister post into the general shape he wanted.

He then took out his knife and sculpted the post to look like a dragon standing up straight with its wings spread and head raised roaring. He thought it came out really well and wondered if his knife skills might have helped him out.

The spindles came next he worked them into different shapes the first he carved a tall thin tower. The second spindle he shaped into a greatsword with the blade pointed down. The last one he made to look like a metal-tipped spear. With the recipes he received for them he finished the banister off with the Dragon posts and tower, sword, and spear spindles. While he reviewed the spindle recipes he found a waiting surprise.

New Skill Notice!

You Learned A New Skill!

Wood Carving: Level 1 (Beginner 14%)

This skill allows you to carve wood into pieces of art

Higher levels increase quality and value of carvings.

 

Rick then used the planks he cut before to span the second-floor joists nailing them down to knock out the second story floor.

Downstairs, he put an iron ingot in the forge until it turned cherry red. Cutting the ingot in half and hammering it into a  6" wide x 3" thick circle. Rick hammered the glowing circles outer edge against the anvil edge to create a 1" deep channel around the circle's outer rim. With an Iron punch, he made a whole in the center of the iron circle to have a new completed pulley wheel.

Outside next to the tower he made a 15-foot high wheel and framed it in. He attached wheel axle to the frame so that it could spin freely if someone got inside and walked around, just like it was a giant hamster's wheel. 

Next, to the framed wheel, he built a 10' high four post leg platform to support a large 25' foot beam that ran at an angle spanning the wheel from the side. With four pulleys he made from recipes, he attached them to different sections of the 25' beam. 

Opening his inventory, and taking out a heavy duty rope, Rick wound it around the wheels axel. The rope then needed to run up from the axel through the pulleys attached to the angled cross beam to hang down off the end of it.

When he was done the monstrosity reminded him of the old trebuchet siege weapons. 

What he had actually made is a Treadmill Crane used on Earth in the middle ages for hauling things up onto roofs and scaffolding.

 

 

The new units I buy won't have to try and haul stone blocks up the scaffolding with this crane they can keep lifting them up into place for the stone masons.

 

Rick pondered for a moment if he needed to make any more preparations for the workers, then decide to open the menu and start to decide which units he would need to start his first workforce.

 

Advertisement
Remove
A note from Termax

Angelica is a woman who once led a good and honest life that excelled with the sword.

She was reincarnated to live in an empty wilderness naked and alone for who knows how many years without any memories of her past life.

Angelica, of course, knows what a city is. She also knows what a friend and lover are, but to her knowledge has never experienced any of this first hand.

A person like that will have some traumas of being left alone and also act like a country bumpkin in the big city looking and pointing at everything because it is all new to her.  

This also does not mean she will not change over time to grow into a stronger more confident person. 


About the author

Termax

  • Kingdoms Online

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(35)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In