Tale of Ramiel

by

fawks

Chapter 84 – Falling Chaos


Advertisement
Remove

Chapter 84 – Falling Chaos



The streets are filled with patrolling men. Because of this Ramiel felt the danger that the barbarians possessed. He felt like it would cause troubles for him. Naturally, Ramiel wants nothing to do with it. But with the gates being sealed and the outskirts of the city having the barbarians lurking around. Ramiel could only accept his situation.

The city was still normal at least. There are people still walking with unworried faces, the merchants are still displaying their merchandises. After leaving the guild, he wanted to buy more rolled cigars from the merchants down the street.

He found the merchant. Wearing baggy silk clothing, this merchant wore jewels, had oil on his face, and then his fat grubby hands pointed to his wares laid out on a square table. Ramiel approached the merchant as he took out some gold from his pocket and pointed to the box of cigars.

“Cigars eh, coming right up, Sir.”

Says the Merchant, as his grubby hands grab on to the box of cigars, opening the box, he took the cigars inside and held it towards Ramiel. He took the cigars and stored them in the cigar box he brought two three days ago. It was after realizing the smell that the blood of the people he heals irritates him that he thought to cover it up by smoking.

After buying the cigars he tumbled on to the direction of his house. Smelling the cigar first, he lit it up with an elemental bracer and put it in his mouth. Ramiel liked the smell of tobacco, the gourd of ale on his waist, which he took out to drink made the smoke better.

He thinks that he got problems for drinking and smoking too much. But inside, Ramiel really don’t like doing these things, especially smoking. He hated smoking, and the taste of ale is nothing but flavored water to him. He is only doing this to numb his senses. To avoid vomiting every second that he smells something bad.

He kept on wandering through pave road, the pebbles scraping his boots, the wind caressing his cheeks, making his hair flutter. He saw the wide road, he saw the armed men, making noises with their greaves sounded out as they march on the road.

Ramiel saw the houses in the distance, Filled with children, men, women and the elderly. He thought that these people are rather nonchalant about the prospect of the barbarians. Inside Ramiel’s head, his thoughts of what he will do when the barbarians arrive.

He may be pure outright stupid sometimes. But even Ramiel could understand that the barbarians are of different stature.

But for now, he didn’t want fret about the barbarians. Smoke went out of his mouth and nose as he stares up and holds the cigar on his hand. Without thinking, he stretched his legs in the direction of his house.

The city of Lugenstan is at the moment a still water. And sooner or later the stillness will be disturbed.

...
The City of Lugenstan and its Lord called out the Guild Master. He sat in his audience room, leaning his arm, waiting for Randal. The Guild Master arrives in the audience room. He looked up to the Lord of the City and bowed his head. The Lord acknowledged his bow, as he then ordered everyone to get out. Complains, mutters, and sneers came out as the Lord said so, it was common for the Lord to be treated like this.

The tale has been stolen; if detected on Amazon, report the violation.


The room got cleared out.

Randal and the Lord of the City stared at each other.

“I say this to you. Will we need the army to move?”

‘Yes, sir.”

“I say this to you; will we need help from the other nations? Or shall we need to call the cities of Trapolstan?”

“Sir, I believe Al-Goraz and his barbarians found a way inside the borders unnoticed. The ‘witch’ already told us about the situation and she is sure that the barbarians could not lie with her scraping their skin, carving their bones, and melting their eyes.”

“I see. Do we need to inform the other Kingdom about this? Or do we need the majesty to send help?”

“Yes, Sir, I believe doing so would allow this city to be safer.”

Randal said with intense fire in his eyes. The Lord of the city keeps a nonchalant look. He may look incompetent through the eyes of his peers but he has his own reason.

“Whose help should we call?”

“I believe that the Kingdom of Lin would suffice. They are, at the moment, the strongest force in the continent. The Kingdom of Deus and their Paladins and War Priest’s are strong but asking for their fanatical help would mean that there would be fewer men to fight the horde of barbarians on their doors.”

“The Kingdom of Lin, they already sent forces to the north as usual. Not to mention that the Reaper himself is out fighting the dark elvens again.”

Randal gritted his teeth the moment he heard that the reaper is away.

“So Julian Nostredame is unavailable?”

“Yes, he is fighting the dark elvens again, and this time I doubt he can easily escape. His mistake was to drag those elvens back to their homeland, not knowing that the hatred they feel for him is even larger than the sun. He should be at the dark elven borders, trapped in a battle against the dark elven king, isolated within a soul barrier.”

“So it will take him a long time to finish them.”

“Yes, and I suspect that the barbarians are working with Al-Goraz.”

“How can you say that easily Sir?”

“A former Elven Ranger heading home caught sight of the Dark Elvens dealing with the barbarians. That Elven reported the situation through a spymaster. I say that elven is quite loyal despite the way she got disowned. But I guess she will no longer be, after giving us this piece of information.”

“I see...but still...with the East at war with us. I doubt that they will send help.”

“Indeed...but, we will still try to have the Kingdom of Lin help us. That War Maiden will notice our grievance, and if anything she will take this as a way, to get closer to the borders of the Elven Forest.”

“I see...should we send messengers?”

“No, for now just send the news to the King. He will understand the situation, and surely he will allow your mean to enter the Kingdom of Ling as envoys.”

“I understood milord.”

Saying that Randal was about to leave.

“Just make sure that it will be fast Randal. I am counting your support, and even though it may harm us, we will let the Witch prove her worth.”

“Understood.”

Randal then left the City’s Lord’s, Fort.

Advertisement
Remove

About the author

fawks

  • Idle

Bio: Someone who you would find scratching his head, staring at the empty wordless page.

Achievements
Comments(5)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In