Tale of Ramiel

by

fawks

Chapter 109 – Annoyance and Banter


Advertisement
Remove

Chapter 109 – Annoyance and Banter



After he was done eating, Ramiel went to his usual position in the house. He sat by the fireplace with the gourd of ale in his hand. Drinking the ale quietly in leisure, he listened to the wood burning, as he kindles it around. The room as dark as it is made a strange comfortable feeling within Ramiel’s mind.

“Ah...”

Ramiel dully said as he tried to drink on his gourd of ale again. Seeing it empty, he put it aside and gave a big sigh. He hugged his arms and stared at the fireplace for a good while again. His eyes reflected the dancing fire, shaking, dancing like a good dancer.

This silence made Ramiel feel good.

But then suddenly the sound of footsteps sounded out. Hearing that, Ramiel turn his attention to the door as he saw the person that has been coming lately to his house.

“You again, like I said I am not giving this house back.”

“I know, that is why I am just here to annoy you!”

“What the fuck is wrong with you?”

Ramiel says that as he sees the smug expression plastered on Peronell’s face. He doesn’t know what grudge this woman had with him, but he knows that she won’t give up easily about this house.

“Now now, you can rest easy the dead-eyed look Ram, I mean I was about to start this thing yesterday but you were crumpled up, asleep and distraught like a baby. And it is not my hobby to kick a man down when he is at his lowest so I came here today instead.”

“That’s fuck up, what is really wrong with you?” Ramiel asked with a face of confusion.

“Nothing really, Abby suggested for me to annoy you. Besides, you look lonely, and shouldn’t you be happy that someone actually visits your drunken ass?”

“Who’s happy about a bitch annoying you? The hell happened to you, you turn from a slightly decent person who wants her house back to a total asshole...”

“Hey now, I am not that bad, so how about it? Are you so annoyed that you want to give my house back?”

Ramiel stared blankly with disdain at Peronell.

“You think this really will work?”

“Nope, this is the most stupid idea Abby gave me.”

“Then why are you doing this?”

The tale has been stolen; if detected on Amazon, report the violation.

“I lack the idea, and you look like you’d die if you leave this place. And I really don’t want to kick you out harshly.”

Peronell said that while leaning on a wall. Her rosy cheeks that are hidden by the shadows weren’t seen by Ramiel. He wasn't able to that but he still thinks that there was a bit of kindness in that voice. It made Ramiel slightly grin, just a bit, as if it looked like a joke to him.

“What are you grinning at?” said Peronell.

“Nothing, it makes me laugh that you are much of a dumbass airhead.”

“Still better than your drunken, limped, cursed ass,” Peronell mouthed.

With this statement, the room went silent. Ramiel glance at Peronell for a good while before starting to ignore her. This ticked Peronell off, and she started walking around his room, commenting about the state of the room.

“Man, you should do some exercise, a bit of cleaning, and a bath. Have you taken a bath since yesterday?”

“No.”

“Wow, it is miracle you don’t smell like a beggar. Please at least try to make my former house less smelly like a dumpster, and how about opening the window?”

“No.”

“All you could say is no?”Peronell said. “And it is rare to see you not drinking on your gourd. What is up with that? Have you realized you’re not living your life correctly?”

“No.”

“Then I guess you are poor? Poor you, I guess that letter really bankrupt you huh?”

Hearing her, Ramiel knit his eyebrows, twisted his neck at Peronell.

“You saw my letter? Have you learned what ‘privacy’ is?”

“What’s that? I haven’t eaten something like that before.”

“You are really...”

Ramiel can only frown at annoyance at what Peronell does. After thinking for a while, he remembered some bits of what he and Pablo talk about when he traded his Hawkhorse for this house.

“Is it true you followed your childhood friend to the dungeon continent only to be sidelined?”

“Did Pablo tell you?”

“That you lost your childhood friend’s bowl to the point you came back to this village?”

“That doesn’t matter!” Peronell said.

“Sure it doesn’t, too bad you that you lost your alpha stud. Must be quite nice that instead of trying to forcibly win that stud of yours, you are here, annoying the shit out of someone who bothers none. No wonder you got sidelined.”

“That is such a rude thing to say you know?”

“You wanted to play the annoyance game bitch, so I am going to play it too,” Ramiel said with a dead look in his eyes. Usually, he would have back off already, but at the moment, he is at his lowest point and at this point in his life, caring is something he really doesn’t possess.

“Wow, you really are an asshole you know?”

“And who started this stupid shit? Certainly not me, so not my fault you are easily offended, tough luck.”

Ramiel usually was timid, and normally he can only be this much of a shit talker when he is on the internet, and anonymous. But with how things are, he really doesn’t care at the moment. He is upset, distraught, and so empty that he can talk irritated like this.

As or Peronell, who tried to do strategy of annoying the hell out of Ramiel, she didn’t expect that the timid, lonely guy who sat near on the fireplace moping, would be one hell of a sharp-mouthed. She thought she would be able to annoy him, but it seems she was foolish and took a big loss instead.

Her stupid plan didn’t work.

Which is not a surprise considering how Abby told it to her in jest, Abby probably didn’t expect her friend would actually try such stupid idea she had.

What a fool.

Advertisement
Remove

About the author

fawks

  • Idle

Bio: Someone who you would find scratching his head, staring at the empty wordless page.

Achievements
Comments(8)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In