Advertisement
Remove

His heart thumped. Once, twice. Then like a beat, it had gotten faster. And when an attendant escorted him to his room, his eyes were in a panic. Public places, public officers, public toilets--err, not that one. It felt like time passed for so long even though it still hasn't been a minute yet. Weird, it was supposed to be his room, the attendant said, but there were three beds and in the other room, two. Was this like bed space where people rent the whole house along with different strangers?

Well, no matter. It might be his teammates so why not? He'll get to know them anyway. Aaron peered around the huge, spacious room, all modernized. Two bathrooms, a glass door separating the two-bed rooms, a single living room connecting the two and a kitchen, all high class. Plus, he was currently in a skyscraper thirty stories high with the whole city in his view.

This has to be a royal suite! There was no way being a Beta Tester was this well treated. But since he was here anyway, thinking about it would be useless. He had free food, exempt from various bills, high-speed internet with a gaming computer and four more strangers he didnt know. He wanted to leave. Living with strangers...fuck.

Unauthorized use: this story is on Amazon without permission from the author. Report any sightings.

"Hey," someone opened the door. Is it a roommate? A woman chewing on a lollipop? And why is she dressed so casually? She wore a T-Shirt with controller sign carved on it while also wearing shorts. "You a beta tester?"

"I-I am, yeah. I guess I am."

She stepped closer. He can see her cleavage, for god's sake. Wear something decent! "Answer me. Are. You. A. Beta. Tester?" Her voice seemed cold for some reason.

No, maybe because he didn't answer with confidence? Aaron broke out a cold sweat. "Y-yes, ma'am. Aaron Roosevelt, a pleasure to meet you."

"Me too," she said pulling back. Now that he took a closer look, she doesn't seem that tall. In fact, he was a neck taller than her. This is bad. He wasn't at all good with having a conversation with other people let alone girls. Even though her stare was pretty much-piercing cold, her brunette ponytail hair was enough to allure him.

"Excuse me," Aaron paused. "Are you a--"

"Beta Tester. Lina Miles," She said as she offered him a lollipop out of her mouth. "Want some?"

"You," he grimaced. "You're a slut, aren't you?"

Her eyes twitched. "You fucker! I was just teasing you!"

Yep. He deserved a slap on his face. Even Aaron himself couldn't agree more.

Advertisement
Remove

About the author

MagusTheClockwerk

  • Planet Earth
  • The Lazy Author

Bio: Don't trust me. I'm lazy.

Achievements
Comments(0)
Log in to comment
Log In