Advertisement
Remove

[Scene: From a very far distance we see the top of the tower explode. A mushroom cloud of black smoke engulfs it. The sound of hundreds of citizens screaming can be heard. This viewpoint seems to be from a few miles away. The surroundings are of the jungle wilderness, however the viewpoint is above a steep thick grassy hill. The entire front portion of the city can be seen, as it looks like some type of miniature.]

Articulate voice: “It seems that we’ve located her.”

In frame steps in Alistur with his mask-like face leaving a smile. Behind him are the previous band of characters. The fin-headed Enya, the monk Shaska, a serpent-like form of Dark Prince, and of course the Captain. The Captain moves ahead of Alistur and pauses. She then lets out a sigh.

Captain: “Where there is trouble, there is Coris.”

The Captain jerks her head, signaling the others to press on forward. As they all move forward, one can see the Captain pulling on what looks to be a cable. Following it to its end is Devonte who is tied up and has his mouth bounded by a rag. The Captain carelessly drags him forward as if she is a child lazily dragging a doll.

[Scene: Things fast forward as the crew is now at the entrance of the city. Unlike when the duo arrived, the city is much more quite. Upon further observation, most citizens are too busy staring at the now damaged tower. It seems that a third of the tower has been blown to bits, while another third is charred in flames. Smoke engulfs the entire area surrounded by the tower. Citizens are peaking out of their windows and standing on their rooftops to see the commotion. The streets are empty with very little activity as next to nobody roams them.]

The Captain leads the crew as she quickly observes the area.

Enya: “It seems that Coris desecrated the wrong tower. Or possibly Zizi?”

Captain: “What does it matter? Neither of them ever think.”

The crew progresses towards the tower as they gradually pass along several landmarks the previous duo have. The open park, the large cavern, the grimy part of town with the bar, and the area with mural and pointing statue. The key difference is that there is very little activity in these areas. Some look virtually abandoned. Eventually the crew reaches about a half a mile to the tower. As the cast walks toward the destroyed tower, they notice hundreds of beings in front of it. Upon closer observation, they seem to be the soldiers wearing the same uniforms of those who were housed in the tower. The Captain signals Dark Prince through a unique hand gesture. The Dark Prince stretches himself out like taffy to the top of a nearby rooftop. It acts as a ramp as the entire crew climbs up it to the top. Once they reach their destination, they each take cover behind large pillar sticking out from the roof. They then look onward as they have a better view of the large gathering of soldiers in the distance.

The scene changes to an up close view of the gathering. Hundreds of soldiers are lined up onlooking the destruction. The tower is still burning as charred ash falls from the sky like burnt rain. Suddenly, the soldiers begin to kneel as a group four soldiers carry a large throne walks by in front. Sitting on the throne is a bird-like creature dressed in what seems to be very primitive garb, even when compared to the surround citizens. All this being is wearing is a long loincloth and a thick satchel, while having multiple markings on on their body as if they were substituting for clothes. As the group of soldiers carrying this creature continue to walk, they suddenly stop. They proceed to slowly turn the throne until it is facing directly at the burning tower. The leader of this gathering stares at the tower for a moment. Their eyes seem specifically focused at the top of the base.

Leader of gathering: “Such…destruction… What force could have caused this?”

The leader takes a deep breath.

Leader of gathering: “Something this powerful was no accident.”

The leader turns around toward his army.

Leader of gathering: “It was planned!”

The army in front of him cheers.

Leader of gathering: “Bear witness to the destruction of our monument! Our pride!”

The army lets out another cheer

Suddenly, a large figure hops up from the rooftops and comes crashing down toward the Captain and her crew. They each hop out of the way. Due to Devonte laying on the floor, still tied up, about eighth feet away from the crew, he is not moved. Instead he is flung into the air as the large figure lands on the rooftop. Devonte falls on the ledge below on his side, and then rolls back on the floor. The rest of the crew jump to the ground then run behind the building to be out of sight. The figure becomes in focus, and it turns out to be the “doorman”, the T-Rex-like creature shown previously.

Doorman: “Ya murderist bitch! Ya did this! I let ya in and ya killed my partna and towa!”

The doorman runs up to the ledge where the crew jumped off of.

Doorman: “Ya all pay wh-”

As he reaches the edge ready to jump, his head gets cut off by what looks like a sword. The camera shows Enya with her arm and palm out and fingers together like she recently performed a karate chop. The doorman’s head rolls to the ground and his body falls forward. Enya jumps out of the way and disappears into the surroundings.

The scene cuts back to the large army gathering. The troops all look behind them at the recent commotion. Many of the soldiers look back at their leader who glares at them with a confirmed look. Dozens of soldiers respond by charging up toward the rooftop in the distance.

The scene cuts once again to Devonte who is laying face first, flat on the ground on his stomach. He picks up his head to see the group of soldiers run past his occupied alley. However, in the last string one looks in his direction and halts to a stop. Two soldiers behind him stop as well. They notice Devonte and begin to walk toward him.

Curious Soldier: “I found someone in front!”

Just then, his head is sliced off, the two soldiers behind him are shocked, but also follow similar fates. One has the top side of his head cut off only two seconds later, while the soldier beside him is cut vertically in half just a moment after that. As the soldier splits apart, Enya is seen standing behind him. She stares at Devonte who seems delirious, likely from the fall. She runs up to Devonte, grabs him, and lifts him up over her shoulder. She proceeds to run behind her, until she moves past the intersecting road and to the adjacent building. She jumps inside and begins to maneuver through the area until she reaches an exit toward the alley. She runs to a window, when she sees a soldier walking right past it outside. It seems that he is planning to go inside. Enya steps back. She’s about to turnaround and run to the other side when she hears a soldier yelling in that direction in the distance.

Distant soldier voice: “Friendly dead!”

The approaching soldier by the window immediately turns back and sprints toward voice from the other side. This results in Enya approaching the door and peeking out of it. She sees soldiers running through the road, but paying no mind what’s beside them. She waits until the last soldier clears before exiting the home. She sprints and jumps through the windows in the next house. The inside is identical to the previous one, However, it actually has residents inside it. A man and what seems to be his wife are cooking food. They stare blankly at Enya, a strange figure who is carrying an even stranger one over her shoulder. They look shocked to see her, Enya responds by giving them a threatening stare. The residents remain quiet and go about their business. Enya proceeds to run out from the door to exit.

[Scene: A shot of the sunset mural that Coris and Zizi encountered before is shown. The camera pans away from it to show the main road that leads to the now heavily damaged tower. One can see Enya running through the road toward camera. She’s only a dozen meters away when suddenly a silky black leg appears in front of the camera.]

Enya stops running and stands practically motionless. She seemingly becomes more alert and expression is one of skepticism.

Enya: “Did they forget to put you on your leash?”

The leg belongs to a dog-like creature with multiple worms for a “face”. It turns out that this strange thing is Dark Prince, as he has taken this form before. He takes a few steps toward Enya and Devonte.

Dark Prince: “Let’s just say that my leash is longer than you think.”

Enya’s skeptical expression becomes one of confusion. She looks up to see the Captain gazing down at her from the steep hill above.

[Scene: The entire crew, sans Enya and the Dark Prince, are in the alley nearest to the hill drop. Alistur is leaning against the wall while juggling his throwing knives. Shaska is sitting down meditating. The Captain continues to overlook the surroundings.]

A bird flies up over the hill. Upon closer inspection it the multi-worm-faced Dark Prince. Upon landing on the floor he transforms himself into a puddle of goo that rises up, giving himself an arc shaped “body.” Not long after, Enya comes from walking up the steep hill with Devonte on her shoulders. Almost immediately upon getting on the flat road surface, she drops Devonte, which results in him grunting in pain after hitting the solid ground. The Captain turns around and steps toward him.

Captain: “Just like a child. It’s pathetic.”

Enya: “It’s not completely his fault The impact from the brute pushed him forward. He was was unlucky.”

Captain: “Sometimes I suspect that people control their own luck.”

Enya: “How do you plan on us to proceed?”

Captain: “It’s been quite a few hours.”

The Captain kneels over Devonte.

Captain: “Possibly a day since we ventured here?”

The Captain raising her right hand.

Captain: “Alistur!”

As Alistur juggles, he manages to throw one of the knives directly toward the Captain’s hand. She catches flawlessly without moving her gaze on Devonte. Upon seeing the knife, Devonte starts breathing more quickly and heavily.

Captain: “Mark my words, you’re going to have to have more than an army in order to separate us from you.”

The Captain reaches out to Devonte with the knife, who responds by screaming.

Devonte: “Get the fuck away from me bitch! Fuck you! Fuck you you chihuahua looking bitch!”

The Captain stabs the knife in Devonte’s arm and then pulls back giving a violent slash. Devonte screams due to the immense pain.

If you spot this tale on Amazon, know that it has been stolen. Report the violation.

Enya: “Quite a vocabulary he has.”

The Captain turns her head toward Enya.

Captain: “Quite.”

As Devonte screams in pain, a stream of clear mist rushes from the wound in his arm. After a few seconds it stops, with the remaining mist moving around organically like an organism. The mist begins to change color. It gradually gains an orange tint. As the seconds go by, it becomes more and more saturated. It then begins heading to the west of where the crew just ran out from. Enya then lets out a sigh. A few seconds later the mist evaporates.

Enya: “The worst of the possible scenarios has been avoided.”

Captain: “For now…”

The Captain stands back up with the end rope tied around Devonte in her hand. Devonte is still screaming on the floor, unaware of what has occurred.

Captain: “You know what to do. We find what we are looking for, and hope we find Coris.”

Devonte: “Fuck you! This shit hurts!”

The Captain proceeds to tighten her grasp on the rope and hurdle it forward. This results in Devonte being thrown in the air, in which he ends up crashing on the ground face first. The Captain walks up to him and kneels down. She then lifts his head up with one of her hands, and proceeds to lift up his previous cut arm with the other. Devonte stares at his arm as there is no sign of a cut.

Captain: “Dumbass. You aren’t even injured.”

The Captain pushes Devonte’s head back in the ground. The Captain continues walking forward and in the background the rest of the crew begins to follow.

[Scene: An upclose shot of the face of a creature that seems to look like a raptor with long feathers all across her head. She’s wearing a well decorated headdress. They seem to be in the middle of some kind of prayer. The camera changes to a scene above where one can see that there are three rows of these creatures with the same attire, all praying. They are each wearing what looks like gowns with a pink tint. Bringing all this to account, the crew has seemed to stumble into a bustling district. However, unlike the previous ones, this one seems to be much more conservative. The clothes of the pedestrians are fully covered with and they all seem significantly more well kept and groomed compared to the citizens of other districts. There are large statues and monuments scattered across the square. In front of these large sculptures are rows of devoted followers praying, as they stand on their knees and bow down toward the large figures.]

Alistur: “Hardly Corsica’s scene.”

Captain: “Hardly.”

The Captain turns to Devonte and grabs him by the hand. This seems to startle him. The Captain pulls him up so that he stands on his two feet. She proceeds to begin untying him.

Captain: “Make no mistake. We are all a lot stronger and faster than you. This rope merely makes things more convenient. If you dare run, we will kill you.”

Devonte is silent with an emotionless face as the Captain undoes the last knot. She then “discards” the rope by throwing it in the distance. She puts her hand behind Devonte’s back and pushes him forward, signalling him to walk. He and the rest of the crew begin to press on forward.

Dark Prince: “So what exactly do you plan to do with such a cold trail?”

Captain: “What we always do.”

[Scene: Two female bird-like creatures are conversing with one another in what looks to be an eating section in a plaza. The section is filled with dozens of table lined up near a restaurant that seems to serve a very specific type of food, that likely relates to the religion. They seem to be smiling, laughing, and having a good time. They are soon approached by Alistur who interrupts their conversion.]

Alistur: “Excuse me madams, would you mind if I could inquirer you for a brief moment?”

The two female patrons turn their heads toward Alistur.

Alistur: “Apologies for the intrusion, but I am looking for a particular specimen. One that much resembles this kind madam behind me.”

Alistur gestures toward the Captain who is standing behind him. She gives an unenthusiastic mild wave at the patrons.

Alistur: “Have you encountered anyone such as she?”

The scene changes to two males creatures who look similar to a triceratops. They seem to be inside a dimly lit room.

Triceratop male 1: “Can’t say that I have.”

The scene then changes to what seems to be a large bird, similar to the one Zizi and Corsica were riding. It is looking straight ahead (presumably where Alistur is) with a confused expression.

Large Bird: “Such a strange creature…No I have not.”

The scene changes once again to three bird-like creatures wearing their prayer attire. They are standing in front of one of the monuments.

Devote 1: “Sorry, she’s unfamiliar to me.”

Devote 2: “To me as well.”

Once again, the scene changes, this time to a group of six small children, each from a different types of species, who are standing in the middle of a road. There is a ball rolling in front of them.

Child 1: “No sir.”

Child 4: “Unfortunately not.”

The scene again changes, this time of a pterodactyl-like creature flying part way in the air. It nonchalantly flaps its wings above of the passers-bys.

Pterodactyl-like creature: “Haven’t seen such a thing all day.”

The scene finally changes back to the original two female bird-like creatures dining in the plaza. One of these females leans over to get a better look at the Captain. After staring at her for a moment, she proceeds to look up at Alistur.

Female bird-like creature: “No.”

The other creature she is dining with also shakes her head.

The scene changes once against to a black fist hitting the floor. The camera pans out to show that it is the Dark Prince who is in a form of something that is akin to a monkey. He and the rest of the crew are all are standing in front of an alley in the square, with the exception of Shaska who seems to be mediating again.

Enya: “Must you always have such impatience?”

Dark Prince: “Lacking patience is sometimes warranted! We’ve been at this for hours!”

Enya: “Well what alternative would you propose?”

Dark Prince: “Anything else!”

The Dark Prince looks around and sees a group of religious devotees praying to a monument in the distance. He then looks over to Shaska.

Dark Prince: “Maybe you can lend a helping hand…for once.”

Shaska opens his eyes and glances up at Dark Prince.

Dark Prince: “Looks like you speak the same language.”

Alistur: “I realize that this may seem like an inconvenience. However, in order pursue Corsica and her valuables we must get some leads.”

Dark Prince: “The only leading that you are doing is leading us in circles. You have to have some tact with dealing with these things. You can’t just expect random people to waltz around knowing where we can find-”

Voice in the background: “Coris?”

The crew looks startled. They look forward toward the plaza and see a large round figure in a robe with long decorative top hat. The creature has a relatively small face for its body and has spikes sticking out from its back. It seems to be derivative of a stegosaurus. He seems to be holding chimes with his left hand and a book that is tucked under his right arm.

Mysterious Devotee: “I have heard that you are looking for a creature that is part of the same breed as your companion there.”

The devotee points his left hand toward the Captain. The chimes echo due to the arm movement.

Alistur: “As a matter of fact we are my good man! You even seem conversant with her name.”

Mysterious Devotee: “Indeed I am. I actually came across her as she managed to stumble into my service. She was with a friend of small stature. They were both confused and-”

Captain: “Who are you?”

Mysterious Devotee: “Ahh. Where are my manners? My name is Fizkip the Third.”

The Dark Prince chortles.

Fizkip III: “I am part of a line of well known priests to our dear Lord.”

Alistur: “Did our yellow furred friend happen to explain their predicament to you?”

Fizkip III: “She stated that she was in need of shelter. I assumed that she and her small statured partner were merely refugees.”

Captain: “Refugees?”

Fizkip III: “Yes, refugees. There is a lot of conflict within our borders. The city as a whole may seem peaceful enough, but the countryside is far more hostile. And even in our metropolis attacks aren’t uncommon, as you have possibly witnessed earlier today.”

Alistur: “What is the reason-”

Captain: “How many refugees do you come across with yellow fur or the size of a stuffed toy?”

Fizkip III: “One would be surprised just how far one will travel to escape conflict. And conflict encompasses through all the corners of the Earth.”

Fizkip III looks at Alistur.

Fizkip III: “I apologize I didn’t hear your question.”

Alistur: “The apology is mine. I was inquiring what is the root of this chaos.”

Fizkip III looks down on the ground and shakes his head.

Fizkip III: “The same as all conflicts. There are those who are resistant to change.”

Looking up from the ground, Fizkip III puts a smile on his face and claps his hands.

Fizkip III: “Now! Let us reunite with your kin.”

Scene changes to Fizkip III leading the crew through a small and peaceful quarter. WIthin it are various devotees who are either praying or reading scripture. There are various hedges and greenery which are particularly planted to make the area seem clean and organized. All the buildings in the area seem to be painted in various murals of religious figures. Fizkip III eventually stops in front of a large building with an open door.

Fizkip III: “You’re lost companion is in here.”

The Captain simply stands and stares at the door with skepticism, the rest of the crew is hesitant.

Fizkip III: “I assure you, you are safe.”

The Captain shifts her eyes to the right and exhales. She proceeds through the door as the crew follows. Inside is a large hallway with many creatures lying on the ground being attended to. Upon closer observation most of them seem to be notably wounded. Judging by that those attending them seem to be carrying water and various items, it becomes obvious that this place is some sort of hospital.

Alistur: “Dear me, she didn’t hurt herself did she?”

Fizkip III: “Luckily not. This place treats the ill and damage but it also provides refuge.”

Captain: “Where is she?”

Fizkip III: “My sisters! I have come with a gift for our guest”

Three female devotees are conversing in front of Fizkip III when they turn toward him.

Devotee 1: “Ahh, so it is this group.”

The crew stops just a few feet past one of the ill who catches the Captain’s attention. A youngish looking bird-like creature in blue toga. He is scowling at one of his caretakers who is holding a bowl of water.

Thief: “I’ve been laying here waitin’ for a drink and you take your sweet time.”

The caretaker seems offended and just drops the bowl on the disrespectful creature’s lap and proceeds to walk away.

Thief: “Shit! You lucky I’m in pain or I’d whack you ’til your eyes pop out!….Shit’s not even cold!”

The thief seems agitated when he looks around the room and notices the Captain. He then becomes very visibly fearful. The Captain takes immediate notices and walks toward him, while Fizkip III keeps on with his conversation.

Fizkip III: “Yes this is indeed the group. The search took some time, but I was blessed.”

Devotee 1: “The Lord truly watches over all.”

The Captain reaches the thief, who is extremely terrified. She crouches down to his level. The rest of the group seems to notice the Captain’s lack of presence, but purposefully seem to pay her no mind.

Thief: “We ha-had a-a nod. A-a-a understadin’”

Captain: “I know that face. You’ve come across one just like me haven’t you?”

Devotee 1: “Good. She was getting impatient.”

Fizkip III: “Is our guest still safe and secure?”

Thief: “Yes. Just like you. In all ways. Didn’t get her name.”

Devotee 1: “She’s right where you left her.”

Captain: “Why’d she grab you? What she want?”

Fizkip III: “Fantastic.”

Fizkip III turns around to address the crew, who still do their best to ignore the Captain.

Fizkip III: “Well everyone…”

Thief: “She got some riddle of some place to go an-”

As both Fizkip III and the thief are in the middle of finishing their sentences, the Captain grabs a gun out of her pocket, turns her head, and fires three separate shots, each one striking through each sister devotees head. Blood splatters throughout the hallway and the onlookers panic, especially the thief. Fizkip III seems to be in a state of shock as he stares at the nearly decapitated devotees. The crew all settle in various combat stances.

Thief: “Shit! Shit! Shit! Fuck wrong with ya species!?”

Fizkip III falls to the ground still staring at his now deceased devotees. As the Captain walks toward them.

Captain: “If there is one thing I know about Romance. It’s that he doesn’t come to you.”

The Captain walks past the deceased devotees, but as she passes them by she kicks them. Out of their robes roll out black orbs with simple markings on them to the ones used to explode the tower. She continues on through the hallway to the end door.

Captain: “He makes you come to him.”

The Captain kicks the door at the end of the hallway down.

[Scene: Romance is laying on a inclined chair eating some type of large fruit. He has a trio of musicians to the side of him playing a very upbeat tune. The room is fairly small, not much bigger than one’s personal room in a house. It lacks few windows and has the entire walls painted with murals. There are “bug lights” hanging down from the ceiling like chandeliers. In front of Romance is a large desk and a small book case right to the side. There are also various plants around the room as decoration.]

The Captain stares across the room directly at Romance. In turn Romance puts his large fruit down, and swallows what is left in his mouth as he begins to clap.

Romance: “You never refrain from astonishing me.”

Romance pushes himself up as he begins to walk toward the Captain.

Romance: “I was almost convinced that the element of surprise would be on my side.”

Captain: “Where is Corsica?”

Unfazed, Romance continues walking toward the Captain.

Romance: “She is safely in my possession.”

The Captain runs up to Romance, grabs him, and slams him against the wall. The rest of the crew watch behind in an unfazed manner, except for Devonte who seems a bit tense.

Captain: “You clearly don’t understand my question. I was asking you where you’ve seen her last?”

Romance: “If you want I can lead you to where she resides.”

Captain: “Corsica may be reckless and stupid, but she isn’t incompetent. She wouldn’t let a imbecile like you get the best of her.”

Romance tilts his head to the side to look behind the Captain and at her crew.

Romance: “New recruit? Certainly doesn’t seem seasoned enough.”

The Captain punches Romance in the face.

Captain: “I know that these bullets are worthless toward you, but there are still a million different ways I can make you bleed. Stop fucking around and tell me where Corsica went!”

Romance reaches into his pocket and pulls out at a playing card that is numbered “11”. This catches the Captain’s attention as she pauses for a few seconds.

Romance: “Shall we be off now?”

Screen immediately becomes black.

Advertisement
Remove

About the author

gunraidan

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(0)
Log in to comment
Log In