Magica Storia

by

Jacob_Shrine

Chapter 22 - The Venditore Armory


Advertisement
Remove

The road went downhill so it was easier to walk.

“So where exactly is it then?” says Tenryu.

“The shop should be around this corner!” Nia points up ahead.

Benny stares at them, getting a little apprehensive, “Say, what kind of a shop are we looking for?”

“It’s not just a shop though. It’s a famous place where a lot of people have to visit!”  

“It’s albeit difficult to find though…”

“And the owner is an old friend of Magma-tia so he’s also expecting us!”

“But what kind of shop is it?!” says Benny. He was starting to get annoyed that he wasn’t given a straight answer.

“Found it!”

At first, Benny thought Tenryu might have been mistaken as he was pointing to a single door in between two shops that may lead to an upstairs flat. But as it turns out, Benny was the one who was wrong. They stopped in front of an extremely narrow building! Narrow in the sense that the building was actually as wide as the door!

No wonder Nia said it would be “a bit difficult to find.” 

The “building” was three stories tall with a single extremely, long window in the space above the door!

This was a famous shop? It looked like a janitor’s closet with an upper extension! Benny thought.

The only thing that would mark it as a shop was a sign that hung above the door.

 

The Venditore Armory

Affiliate of the Orient Traders Merchant Guild

Sellers and Manufacturers of Magic Tools and Devices since the New Merlin Era

 

“A Magic Shop?” asks Benny.

“That’s right! We’re here to show you were the best Magic Tools are sold!” says Tenryu, slapping him in the shoulder.

“Ow! Tenryu, please the shoulder again!” winces Benny through gritted teeth.

“Blistering Blazes, sorry!”

“It’s alright…”

Benny looks at the shop.

“So…this shop sells Magical Tools, right?”

“That’s right! The Venditore Armory is a popular shop that specializes in selling Magic Items.”

 “For a popular venue in all that, this place looks kind of tight fit,” Benny remarked noticing how narrow the building is, “…but if it’s really famous, then why are there no customers too?”

He did notice that the shop looked devoid of customers.

“Looks can be deceiving, Benjamin.” Nia replied as she opened the door and a small tinkling of a bell rang.

“So let’s get going!”

Tenryu pushed Benny towards the door.

“H-Hey! Don’t push! Huh?”

All of a sudden, Benny felt… a chill.

It wasn’t a chill from a cold especially since it is sunny but rather it was a chill of unease.

He glanced behind him. Was somebody there?

People were just walking around and minding their own business.

But Benny focused his gaze and as though by instinct he saw a pair of shady looking guys standing across the street, staring back at his direction. “Shady” was one word to describe them. That and that they were wearing a pair of black coats and fedoras that made them look like mobsters.

The sight alone of the two of them made Benny very uneasy. Just who were they?

He saw the pair exuded dark colored hazes.

“Benny, what are you doing?

“Ah! I was…”

“Well, don’t just stand there! Get in!” Tenryu yanked him inside.

***

Across the street, the two shady characters looked at each other.

“That kid was staring at us, brother! It’s as if he immediately knew we were here!”

“It’s not like he can do anything against us, so pipe down!”

The man looked up ahead of them.

“So that’s the Venditore Armory, huh? It’s really like finding a needle in a haystack!”

“Is what we’re looking for really in there?”

“Only one way to find out…” 

***

Shaking off the initial unease, Benny was led into the shop.

He thought he was about to see the place magically expand into a huge warehouse full of magical tools. But again he was proven wrong. This whole place was just a hallway!

No tables, no counter, and most especially: no items for sale!

“Um, is this really a shop? It’s seems rather empty…”

“You are just in the foyer. So naturally we wouldn’t be keeping our merchandise at the entrance way.”

“Uwaah?!”

Someone suddenly spoke behind him that it scared his wits out!

When Benny turned, he found a tall towering figure standing behind them. Benny rubbed his eyes if he was seeing things. The “man” was another Animalian! Even though he had seen many of their kind already, seeing another still proved to be quite a shocker.

This time he was a humanoid owl!

He had the small hooked beak, beady eyes and grey feathers! He wore a sleeveless vest which exposed his rather large set of wings. But for attire he had a neckerchief tucked into the collar. He wore black slacks over his legs but he didn’t wear any shoes. Those probably won’t fit anyway due to him having talons for feet. Apart from that, he also wore a pair of pince-nez glasses over his nose (or beak.)

And just when Benny thought the Owlman didn’t exist.

“Mr. Venditore! You scared us!” says Nia.

“Eh? Mr. Venditore?”

This guy is the shop owner? Benny thought.

“Ah, I beg your pardon Healer Nia-hoot!”

“I thought you would be sending Sylvia up here to greet us.” Tenryu crossed his arms.

“Dear old Magma informed me that you were coming today-hoot. I would very like to greet my guests in person than send one of my staff-hoot.”

“That’s very gentlemanly of you.” Nia nods in appreciation.

“Ah, it’s so good to see you’re taking care of the Magic Tools you bought well-hoot!”

“Thank you! The Medical Wand and this here are working perfectly.” says Nia, tapping her umbrella’s handle.

“There are no problems with either of the two I hope-hoot?”

“Both are working fine.”

Mr. Venditore turned his head towards Tenryu, which was rather creepy as it turned a whole 180 degrees to the back. Then again all, owls seemed to do that.

“And you Tenryu-iho, the sword…is it still alright-hoot?”

“Yeah, and before you can ask…no, I don’t need replacing.” Tenryu said it as though he said this many times already.

“Of course… and what about your… you-know-hoot?” asks Venditore quietly.

Tenryu fidgeted, suddenly looking rather uncomfortable. He held his gloved left hand tightly.

“Y-yeah, it’s still holding up.”

“I hope you remember that it is mean to help suppress-”

“I remembered.” Tenryu says quickly. “Though I may have used the glove it here and there…”

“Tenryu-iho, we don’t want it happening again-hoot…”

“I know…” Tenryu gritted his teeth.

Benny wondered what their conversation was about. He did remember Tenryu using that glove once or twice. And yesterday Benny asked about the arm but was told with a swift answer and he felt he had to drop it. Something didn’t seem right about that arm.

“Mr. Venditore, I’d like to introduce you to our new friend, Benjamin Estrella.”

Nia motioned towards Benny.

 “Benjamin, this is Dmitri Venditore! He’s the owner of the Venditore Armory and is one of the top sellers of Magical Items in the Medea Kingdom! And as you can see he’s also from the Avibon Clan.” She added in whisper upon recognizing Benny’s surprised expression.

“Pleased to meet you Benjamin-iho-hoot!” he held out a feathered hand which Benny shook. It felt like he was shaking hands with a feather duster.

“Same here…um, Master Venditore…”

“Oh, there’s no need for formalities-hoot. Just Mr. Venditore is fine-hoot. So this is the young boy dear Magma has been told me about-hoot” He turned his head sideways. “You look so similar to Tenryu-iho but at the same time not-hoot.”

“Yeah, I get that a lot lately.”

“But you’re the spitting image of him though-hoot…” Mr. Venditore added thoughtfully.

“Excuse me?”

The old owl seemed to realize he was talking out loud and laughed,

 “Ho! Ho! Never mind this old bird-hoot! I have the tendency to run my mouth when I’m not aware of it-hoot.”

“Eh…?”

“So would you like to look around my shop-hoot? And perhaps would you like to go ahead and buy yourself a Magic Tool-hoot?”

“Uh, I’m just here to take a look.”

“Still not decided on becoming an Adventurer, eh-hoot? I thought Tenryu and Nia brought you here to entice you into becoming one-hoot?”

Benny looked at Tenryu and Nia, who both seemed to be not looking at him in the eyes.

“We’ll just see…”

“Well, you’ve come to the right place-hoot. You may not buy one today but may be you might be convinced after you see my shop. We have the best Magic Tools on the market!”  

Mr. Venditore gestured towards the end of the hall.

“Come, come! All my merchandise is downstairs-hoot!”

“Downstairs?”

They joined up with Venditore at the end of the hall. Except the end of the hall proved to be not a part of a hall but the inside of an elevator! The doors of the lift closed on them like cage and the whole thing started to move downward!

“Oh, and try not to disturb the rest of my customers? Especially you, Mr. Tenryu Fyreroar-hoot!” adds Mr. Venditore sternly.

Tenryu grumbled, “Why am I always the one singled out…”

Can’t Tenryu tell the obvious? Benny thought.

The lift stopped and the doors opened.

Venditore waved his wings in welcome as he ushered them out of the lift.

“Welcome to the Venditore Armory-hoot!”

“Whoa!” gasps Benny, whose eyes were wide with wonder!

In sharp contrast to the shop’s rather unnoticeable façade, this place was one gigantic shopping complex!

The place was so big that it even had a large fountain in the middle. There were a large number of customers looking around which definitely proves this place to be a popular venue! It had several sections, each selling different kinds of Magical Items! There was even a single shop that served as a concession stand where some shoppers were resting. Each shop was tended by clerks of different races wearing red robes.

Now he knew how Harry Potter must’ve felt when he first entered that magic-filled alley!

“Wow! This place is amazing!”

The story has been stolen; if detected on Amazon, report the violation.

“Thank you-hoot…I see that you are intrigued by my merchandise-hoot,”

Mr. Venditore gives him what looks like an appreciative smile. It was hard to tell as he has a beak for mouth.

“So are all these things Magical Items?” says Benny, sounding rather excited.

“Indeed!” Venditore says proudly as he leads them through the shop. The shop assistants kept bowing as they passed.

“There are Magical Items for the use of the common folk and Adventurers alike. And there are selections of Magic Tools for different Classes of Adventurers. Each item is powered by Magitite which utilizes the energy of Manna-hoot.”

Benny knew from his readings last night that Magitite is special type of crystal that harnesses Manna and through it’s use anyone can use Magic. It is usually harvested from Magitite Mines across the country.

“Isn’t Manna the mystic energy source that is used to produce Magic and also that it exists everywhere?” inquires Benny, remembering the text he read from the Spellbook.

Manna is what we call the energy of everything. It exists in everywhere in the world and even in the person. It is this Manna that’s within a person that is utilized to cast Magic in a variety of ways.

“I see that you have bothered to study this matters-hoot!” Mr. Venditore nods in approval.

This wasn’t entirely true. He couldn’t read everything in one night. At this point, Benny was relying on his game player and anime knowledge.

“It’s because of that interest in understanding the connections of Manna and the number of uses in Magic that my family started this business a hundred years ago-hoot.”

They pass by a Party that seemed to be looking to replace their worn out Magic Tools.

“Yes, though originally we started making Magic Tools for Adventurers but eventually we expanded include Magical Devices for the common folk too-hoot!”

“It’s amazing to keep a business open that long and is still prosperous.”

Mr. Venditore gave him an appreciative smile (again it was vague to Benny.)

“Well, anyway…here we are in my office-hoot!”

Mr. Venditore leads them to an ornate door guarded by two burly Animalians who were basically anthropomorphic bears. The one in the left nodded in a friendly way while the other scowled while bearing his teeth.

“Bronson, Eldon, these kids are with me-hoot. Let them through-hoot.”

The two guards let them pass.

Mr. Venditore’s office was a large oval office with high quality furniture. There was a less elaborate desk near the door where a pretty, young woman wearing red robes was working.

Benny noticed that she looked human but with cat ears and a tail: a real live cat-eared girl!

From Benny’s readings and observations she was no doubt a Therian, the other group of Animalians. Unlike the Beastmen who were fully anthropomorphic, the Therians are very similar to humans but with slight animal characteristics like their ears and tail.

In this world where fantasy is real, Benny still couldn’t help but be astounded of meeting one.

“Ah Mr. Venditore, are they the guests we were expecting? Oh! It’s you guys!”

“Hello, Sylvia!” Nia waves at her.

“Hey!” Tenryu grins.

“It’s nice to see you again Healer Nia, Tenryu, and…H-huh?”

As expected Sylvia was startled when she saw Benny. She looked at him then at Tenryu then at him.

“Yes, we know we look almost similar. Please don’t mind me.”

“Benjamin-iho, this is Sylvia my secretary-hoot. Sylvia, this is Benjamin Estrella-hoot.”

Shaking off her initial surprise, Sylvia greeted him with a smile, “A pleasure to meet you, sorry for my behavior…”

“It’s alright…I really get that lot lately…”

Mr. Venditore sat on his chair but his head turns at a weird angle again towards Sylvia, “Well, please prepare us some tea and snacks, Sylvia-hoot.”

Benny shook his head politely, “No, it’s okay! We just ate-”

“I’d like some!” says Tenryu.

“Tenryu!”

Benny couldn’t believe Tenryu’s lack of manners or his black hole of a stomach. Nia gave him a knowing look.

With that they were being served some tea and snacks.

“You know I’ve asked you earlier on this regard but are you sure you may have or may not have an interest in being an Adventurer-hoot.”

“Err…not quite. I haven’t really made that decision quite yet.”

“Hmm…I see. Well, do you know why your friends brought you here then-hoot?”

“Let me guess. You guys brought me here to see the best place that sells magical items especially for Adventurers. I assume more or less it’s to convince or consider the possibility of becoming an Adventurer?”

Tenryu and Nia had that “got-found-out” look in their faces.

I knew it… Benny thought.

 “So from what I’ve seen, it’s necessary to use Magic to become an Adventurer?” Benny inquires further.

“I wouldn’t say necessary, just the bare minimum-hoot. You can be an Adventurer without specializing much on Magic-hoot.”

Tenryu crosses his arms, “Benny, didn’t I tell you already? Adventurers may need the ability to wield Magic more freely and must have a range of Skill set.”

“Well, that’s a surprise. I never thought you remember the basic requirements of an Adventurer.” chuckles Sylvia with a smile.

Tenryu looked as though he wanted to complain.

Mr. Venditore chuckled, “Surprisingly, Tenryu-iho is right-hoot.”

“Surprisingly?” mutters Tenryu.

“It all depends on your chosen Class really as there are Classes that require little use of Magic-hoot. Nevertheless, like I said just being able to use Magic is the bare minimum-hoot.”

It seems that in this world, in order for one to become an Adventurer there are three basic requirements. First, they must have the Skill set of their prospective Class. Secondly, they must have the sufficient amount of Manna to channel into a product called Magic. Finally, they must have the ability to connect with their Manna and make use of it.

Basically, it has the same concept of most MMORPG games. You must have the Skills set for a respective Class (similarly how a player can choose his Class and would need the move set based on their Class). You must have the basic level of Manna (equivalent to MP) to use Magic. Benny’s guess on the third might be equivalent to the ability to use the computer.

He was now wondering if he wasn’t transported to some RPG game world.

“And that is where the use of a Magic Tool plays in-hoot. A Magic Tool is needed to channel that Manna and the resulting energy is what we call as ‘Magic’-hoot! How and what kind of Magic an Adventurer has and is capable of is solely up to the Adventurer-hoot.”

“Um, wouldn’t using Magic Tools make an ordinary guy an Adventurer? I saw a woman yesterday using Magic Shears to cut plants?”

Mr. Venditore shook his head, “I think you are referring to Magic Devices-hoot. Those are items specially created using Magic Formations and Glyphs to produce an already preset function-hoot. Like we said before, you need to have the ability to wield Magic more freely than a Magic Device’s preset function-hoot.”

“Ah, I see…” murmurs Benny as he processes these bits of important information.

“Let me show you how we do things for Adventurers-hoot. First, we test our clients-hoot!”

“T-Test?” repeats Benny.

 “Ah, Sylvia, can you please bring that out-hoot? I would like to show Mr. Estrella here how we do things here-hoot!” Mr. Venditore placed a feathered hand on Benny’s shoulder. He tried his best not to flinch.

Sylvia nodded, “Of course!”

She bent down and pulled out a crystal ball on top of an intricate metal stand.

“Now this here is Attribute Sorter Mysticore-hoot!” Venditore explained. “Since this is your first time here, why don’t you have a go Benjamin-hoot?”

Benny backed away a bit, “Um, hang on! Didn’t I just say I haven’t decided on being an Adventurer yet?!”

Mr. Venditore chuckled a bit, which sort of sounded like a beak clicking. “Nervous aren’t you-hoot? It doesn’t hurt-hoot…”

Suddenly, Mr. Venditore gave him a long look.

“Oh, ah, I see-hoot…”

“W-What is it? Is there something in my face?”

“You have that look what we call as the “Beginner’s Look”-hoot. Are you apprehensive of becoming an Adventurer-hoot?”

Benny’s expression was what confirmed Venditore’s assumptions.

“Well then, just because we’re trying things out doesn’t mean you have to make that decision now-hoot?”

Benny was still not convinced.

“I’m pretty sure…I don’t have what it takes to be an Adventurer.” Benny mumbles dejectedly.

“Benny, seriously what the blitz is with that attitude? I told you that you have what it takes!” says Tenryu.

“You have to believe in yourself a little more, Benjamin.” Nia adds.

Benny blushed at their encouragement.

“You’re friends are right-hoot. You shouldn’t say that when you haven’t tried yet-hoot! To become an Adventurer you need sufficient training-hoot. Who knows-hoot? You may even display some hidden talent-hoot!”

Both Tenryu and Nia caught each other’s gaze.

“Just have a go and try it-hoot!” Mr. Venditore urged him.

Benny glances at the crystal orb.

“What exactly does this thing do anyway?”

It was Sylvia who answered, “Based on the strength of your Manna, it could be the Classes with stronger emphasis on Magic or Skills. At the same time it can also sort you into corresponding Magical Attribute.”

“My Attribute?” repeats Benny, looking quite confused again.

“Hmm…It seems another explanation is in order-hoot. Sylvia, if you please-hoot?” Venditore snapped his fingers (which was amazing as his fingers were feathers!)

Sylvia pulled out a device that looked similar to a projector. She flipped on a switch and a Mysticore in the middle projected a hologram displaying a diagram. It was that of a twelve pointed star, a dodecagram, with mysterious symbols at each point.

This was the same image that was printed on the cover of his Spellbook.

“Every Adventurer has a specific Attribute in Magic that they the most affinity to!”

Sylvia moved her hands over the diagram.

“There are essentially twelve Attributes: Fire, Metal, Ice, Air, Light, Life, Water, Sound, Lightning, Earth, Dark, and Spirit. It is important to know which Attribute you have a natural affinity to as that would help in guiding you in learning Magic and Skills. You would know which Attribute spells and techniques you can learn.”

“Okay, I can see that. So how does this device also measure Manna?”

“Oh, that’s simple! The stronger the output the stronger the Manna you have.”

“I get why this is all important but how is this all related to buying a Magic Tool?” asks Benny.

This time it was Mr. Venditore who explains, “Well, using a Magic Tool would produce Magic that’s within your natural Attribute-hoot. It defeats the purpose of using a Magic Tool that doesn’t fit well with what kind of Magic Attribute you can use–hoot. Think of it as using a pair of fan Magic Tools for Water Magic.”

Now that Benny thought about it, it does make sense. He also looked backed to all the times he used Magic. He generated magic shields made of light.

Could I be in the Light Attribute? Benny thought.

“I’m in the First Attribute, Fire!” Tenryu pointed out to the Attribute with a flame symbol.

“Mr. Fyreroar… Please keep your hands away from the Attribute Sorter Mysticore.” Sylvia cautions him as she moves the Magic Device away.

“What the blitz? I’m not anywhere near the thing!”

“Pardon for my behavior but we wouldn’t want you to break another one again.”

“Is it because of what happened last time? Blistering blazes! That happened years ago! I didn’t know the way to test it was to just touch it!”

“What exactly did he do again?” Benny asks Nia.

“He slashed it with his sword,”

Upon hearing that from Nia, Benny struggled to keep his laugh down.

 Nia points at leaf symbol, “As for me, I’m in the Sixth Attribute, Life. My Plant Magic falls under the Life Attribute which has dominion over living things.”

“So do you want to have a go? All you have to do is touch it-hoot.”

“I’m not sure…”

Benny became apprehensive again as he lifted his hand towards the crystal. He was hesitating to touch it but at the same time he wants to touch it.

“Oh, just go on and touch it already!” snapped Tenryu.

“Alright, alright, I’m doing it!”

Benny gingerly places his hand on the Attribute Sorter Mysticore. For a moment, he thought it didn’t work. But then from within the crystal what looked like a shining ball of yellow light appeared.

 “You are in the Fifth Attribute: Light…” begins Sylvia.

For a moment, Benny breathed a sigh of relief. Then again it seemed his guess was right. He didn’t notice that the ball of light had change color from yellow to white.

Mr. Venditore was quick to notice the sudden change.

“Hmm? But that is-”

Suddenly, the crystal ball had burst with bright light that it practically blinded everyone

“W-What the blitz?!” shouts Tenryu, shielding his eyes.

Nia opens her umbrella to shield herself. “This couldn’t be-”

“Take your hand off the Device-hoot!”

In panic, Benny lets go of the crystal. Instantly, the bright light had vanished. The crystal sphere shuddered violently and shattered to pieces.

Sylvia gasped, “A Manna Overload?!”

“Um, what just happened?”

Benny looks around at the sudden silent group.

Tenryu and Nia were both staring at him in disbelief.

Mr. Venditore was clearly shaken but managed to recomposed himself.

“It appears…that you have a particularly strong Manna-hoot. So strong, in fact, that the Attribute Sorter Mysticore…exploded-hoot.”

 “Ah!”

Benny had just realized that the Attribute Sorter had shattered. “I-I’m so sorry!  I don’t know what happened! It didn’t mean to…”

“…and just when we told Mr. Fyreroar not to get near it…this happens…” Sylvia cries in dismay.

“Hey! I didn’t touch it this time!” snaps Tenryu.

“I’m sorry…” Benny couldn’t help but repeat himself.

“It’s alright…no harm done-hoot. We have more of those devices anyway-hoot!” Mr. Venditore patted him reassuringly in the shoulder.

“But Mr. Venditore…the Attribute Sorter…” stammers Sylvia.

“Can be replaced by the one we have in the storage room-hoot. But still…We haven’t had a Manna Overload since a certain friend of mine tried one out many years ago-hoot…”

Benny couldn’t help but felt relieved. At least, this incident didn’t happen to just him. Ah, but since he broke the device, he would probably get the same treatment now as Tenryu…

“Well, never mind that now-hoot. At least, now we know that you, Benny-iho, have an affinity for…Light Attribute-hoot?” he looks at Sylvia, to which she nods in affirmation. But from his expression, Benny thought that Mr. Venditore seemed a little doubtful. “And it seems you have a very strong Manna-hoot.”

“I see…”

Benny looks at the hand that touched the device. It was the same hand that he used to cast that Magic last night.

“At least, I hope we don’t wind up with another troublemaker-hoot.” Mr. Venditore mumbles in an undertone.

“Huh?”

“Ah, well… cough* Nevertheless, that proves you have a great potential to become an Adventurer-hoot!”

“See Benny?” says Tenryu, grinning at him in excitedly, “I told you that you have what it takes!”

Benny still looks bewildered, “Uh, really?”

Sylvia seemed to have composed herself and explains further. “That would mean that if ever you become an Adventurer. It would be best for you aim for Classes with stronger affinity for Magic. Also since you are new you may want to practice Magic and Skills in the Light Attribute as that’s your natural affinity.”

Benny processed all of this. “Does this mean that there’s one specific Attribute per Adventurers then?”

Sylvia shook her head, “Not necessarily, take a close look at the diagram. Do you notice that it takes the form of a twelve point star?”

Benny nods as he takes another look at the diagram.

“The twelve Attributes are divided into four sub-groups and they form a triad wherein the three Attributes in that triangle have the strongest compatibility with each other. Those are the Attributes you have greater ease in using aside from your primary Attribute!”

Now that the he took a closer look, the twelve-point star was actually made up of four triangles.

“Strongest compatibility?” repeats Benny, scanning the diagram and searched where the Light Attribute lies, “So the Attributes I have the greatest compatibility with are…” From the Light symbol he traced the other two, “Fire…and Lightning?”

“Exactly -hoot!”  Mr. Venditore clapped his feathery hands.

“Basically the same triad as me!” says Tenryu, throwing an arm around Benny’s shoulder.  “Though I’d rather stick to my own Attribute and since most Adventurers prefer it that way.” Tenryu grips the hilt of his sword. “I like Fire Magic better!”

“So you don’t know any Light or Lightning Magic then?”

“No, he doesn’t.” says Nia, as she lifts her umbrella. “But unlike Tenryu I can use Magic from my Attribute Triad. Do you remember my Boulder Shield Spell?”

“Oh yeah, now that you mention it that really saved us back then!”

“There’s also another thing. The diagram also explains the opposite incompatibility.”

“Oh, yes that-hoot!” Venditore swoops back to the diagram and point at it.

“An opposite incompatibility?” asks Benny.

“As Sylvia has mentioned, the diagram also explains the Attribute you have the weakest compatibility with-hoot. Directly opposite of your Attribute is the Attribute where you would have the most difficulty with -hoot!”

Benny thought for a moment as he digested this. So his main Attribute is Light but he has the potential to use Fire and Lightning Attributes. The Attribute he would have trouble with is the Dark Attribute. That seems easy to remember.

“However, bear in mind that it’s not necessarily so. You can use try to learn how to use Attributes from the other triads but it would be a bit of a challenge, especially with the triad that has your natural opposite Attribute-hoot!”

“Hmm… I guess that would make sense.”

“Now then, since this is your first time here why don’t you explore around-hoot? You can try the Magic Tools on display at the Testing Area-hoot. Sylvia, would you be kind as to accompany them-hoot?”

“Of course, Mr. Venditore!” nods Sylvia.

Everyone gets up and starts walking to the door.

“Ah, Mr. Venditore, I have one more question.”

Mr. Venditore looks at him for moment. “I guess I can answer one more-hoot…”

“Can we talk alone?” Benny lowered his voice to whisper, “It’s a little private…”

Mr. Venditore seemed a little confused but obliged. “Alright…”

“Just give me a moment alright?” Benny says to Tenryu and Nia.

“Eh? Why?”

“Let’s just go Tenryu!”

Nia drags Tenryu by the arm and walks out the door leaving Benny and Mr. Venditore alone.

“Alright…What is it you would like to ask me that you want to keep it secret-hoot?”

“Is it really necessary to need a Magic Tool to cast Magic?”

“What do you mean-hoot?”

“Can’t someone use Magic directly…you know, they just point their finger and BAM!* you suddenly casted Magic?”

 “Hmm…that’s a weird way of putting it but perhaps you are talking about the Conjurer Ability-hoot?”

“Conjurer Ability?” repeats Benny.

“Indeed…that is an extremely rare ability where a person can cast Magic Spells without the need of Magic Tool-hoot.”

It’s an extremely rare ability, huh? Benny thought.

“As a matter of fact, Healer Nia has the Conjuring Ability too-hoot.”

“Really? She can do that as well?!”

Then that would mean that he didn’t need to send her out with Tenryu in the first place. In fact, it would help to get Nia’s own opinion in such.

“Yes, especially since she is from the Elf Race that their group has a strong affinity towards Magic like the Fairy Race and the Mystic Fox Therians-hoot. But it’s not something she often dabbles with because using Magic with a Conjuring Ability brings a more considerable strain on the caster than with one using a Magic Tool -hoot.”

“Oh, so that’s why…”

“Can you tell me why you are so interested in such-hoot?”

“I’ve heard of people being able to do that and just wondered…since I have a strong Manna and all if I might be able to do it?”

Benny lied just a bit though.

“Of course, it is possible to train until you can attain that ability though only a handful of Human Race people had ever succeeded-hoot. One can train for many years but the ability would be beyond their grasp-hoot. I would suggest you don’t waste your time trying to-hoot.”

Benny didn’t answer back. He didn’t want to say that he somehow managed to obtain that ability just last night.

“Besides…if everyone suddenly had the ability to use Magic without the need of a Magic Tool I’d be out of business-hoot!”

Benny had to laugh a that.

“Do you have any other questions-hoot?” Mr. Venditore continued.

“None so far so thank you for answering.”

“My pleasure-hoot. Now run along, your friends are waiting-hoot.

Benny bowed politely as he went out of the office the door.

As Mr. Venditore watched him closed the door he thought to himself.

That boy is so much the spitting image that guy-hoot…However, he has potential that puts him on par with her-hoot. Is he really what Magma thinks he is-hoot?

Advertisement
Remove

About the author

Jacob_Shrine

  • Philippines
  • Reader Miko-kun

Bio: I love reading Light Novels, Novels, Manga and watching Anime...Basically everything Otaku!

Achievements
Comments(1)
Log in to comment
Log In