A note from docemoon145

I somehow did it?! 

I'm soooo tired~

Enjoy, everyone! Good night~

Advertisement
Remove

The next morning, the Orcs here for the village meet left one by one. Those here from Faok’s Village stayed behind. By tonight, the rest of their tribe should have arrived. I've added close to a hundred huts past the South entrance, tore down the gate, and extended the wall to enclose the new segment. I still want to do more, but I don't have enough magic power.

In the meantime, I pay the fields a visit. The crops seem to be doing very well. Nothing is bearing fruit yet, but more than half the surface area is covered in thick foliage.

This is good. We’ll still have to hunt during the winter, but we won't have to worry about days when the catch isn't enough to feed everybody.

With more Orcs moving into the village, I'll really have to think about increasing agriculture and breeding domestic animals in order to avoid over hunting the forest.

I wonder how you preserve meat? That would be a really convenient thing to know. Maybe there’s a spell for it? I bet there’s something among the ice spells.

Spirits, can I learn <Preserve>?

[[Request is invalid. The user’s desire is insufficient or first level spell <Preserve> is not currently of use to the user.]]

Eh? I can learn it? Maybe it's a spell for the Holy attribute.

I guess I’ll put this off for now. Preserving food will be more important toward the end of fall. Maybe then I will meet the conditions.

Far more imminent is the issue with the War Monkeys. We have no way of knowing how many of them will flee here from the mountain. If this matter isn't carefully attended to, we could become hopelessly outnumbered.

I'll begin by organizing an investigation unit to take a look at the War Monkeys’ home territory and see what’s wrong with it. Once we understand the cause, we can decide how to handle it.
And by “we”, I mean “I”.

Well, but it wouldn't hurt to consult with someone clever like Fiara or Durghan. I guess momma’s on that list too, but she usually acts so careless that I tend to forget.

Durghan is currently out hunting while momma looks busy with her fire magic. I'll check and see if Fiara is in her hut.

“Hey, Fiara, are you home?”

“Hm? Yes, Chief Vyra. Is there something you need?”

Eh? Is the lighting in here strange?

Stolen from its rightful place, this narrative is not meant to be on Amazon; report any sightings.

Curiously, I rub my eyes and take another good look.

“Ah… Fiara, don't panic, but you've turned blue.”

“Oh?” She held up a hand and examined her changed skin tone. Her skin was a beautiful blue, with a hint of pink shine. It was the kind of color rarely seen outside of pictures of the Hindu gods.

“Do you feel sick anywhere? Have you eaten any silver?”

I only asked because I heard a rumor that eating silver turns your skin blue. I don't know where she would have found silver or why she would have eaten it, but it's my only idea, so I ask it anyway.

“No, I feel fine. This must be because of my evolution.”

… What?

“You… evolved?” Before I did?!
“Into what, exactly?” This appearance doesn't match any of the evolutions momma told me about. It doesn't look like anything has changed besides her skin color.

“According to the spirits, I've become a Wisdom Orc. Because of that, I got the racial skill <Arcane Library>. Each of my skill slots can now hold five skills, as long as they're related to spellcasting.”

“It's perfect for you… Alright, I've got it. I’ll leave Durghan in charge of the village while I lead some hunters to investigate the War Monkey outbreak. Will you come along with me to take a look?”

***

“Hraaag!” A large male Orc swung his axe with all his strength. It cleaved through the flesh of the bear in front of him and he slowly released his breath.

Fight to eat. Eat to live. Live to fight.

The male Orc repeated the mantra in his head over and over again. Even though he had fought hard many times, it still hadn't been enough. He wanted to quickly become a War Orc and join the fight against the Fomors in earnest.

Currently, the number of skirmishes had decreased, but everyone knew it was only temporary. The Fomors were simply ignoring them and focusing on their Summer Tribute instead. When the ritual has been completed, they would jump back into the fray with renewed vigor.

They couldn't stop the ritual, so instead, they would take advantage of it. They would use the brief peace to train as many warriors as possible. Now that the tribe’s focus was on that, this was the best time to evolve.

Despite that, why couldn’t he do it? Did he still not value fighting enough? Did he value other things too much? What was it about him that wasn't fit to become a War Orc?

I don't know why she didn't become a War Orc either. Just what am I missing?

The male Orc returned to his tribe with proof of his kill, intending to ask advice from the leaders.

***

“What?! You four… You can't come with me on this request, you know.” Armin glared at Rudan, Nostel, Elianora, and Patch who all had serious expressions. By his side were already three other experienced three-star Adventurers.

“No, just… If you see that person, please thank her again for us,” Rudan asked him.

Oh. Well, as long as they don't plan on coming…

“Well, I'm not exactly going in that direction. I doubt I'll see her.”

“If you do see her, please give her this,” Elianora smiled and held out a rolled up scroll. It seemed to have been sealed with magic. “She already knows so many things, but I hope this will impress her. It was troublesome to obtain, so don't let it get damaged or lost, okay?”

“I know already. And like I said, I'm not going in that direction, so we probably won't meet.”

“Well, since Olive is praying for that to reach her safely, I'm sure it will work out somehow.”

Armin sighed.

These kids are hopeless…

He ran a hand through his sandy hair and then waved. “Well, I’m off.”

“Good luck.”
“Stay safe.”
“Be careful.”

“Yeah.”

Advertisement
Remove
A note from docemoon145

I hope this chapter was coherent? I'm so sleepy I'm not sure. I even nodded off a few times in the middle of writing it. If there are any problems, please let me know in the comments. I will fix them in the morning when my head has straightened out.


Support "Orc Lord"

About the author

docemoon145

Bio: I work full time as a software engineer. I’m very busy, but I love writing. I can’t promise a steady update schedule.

Achievements
Comments(29)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In