Advertisement
Remove
Part 1 – Preparations have been Completed Already

We were all walking back to the home of the Elder on the other side of town. There was a large number of other people with us, whom know something that I didn't.

“Elder, what do you mean the revolt will start today?” I asked while we were all walking or rather running right now.

The crowd started to split up and head into different directions. People were either coming in and coming out with weapons or barricading their homes for the oncoming battle. I also noticed that there were a number of players that were clueless of what was happening. Well we can always convince them to fight with us since they seem like the people that hate those in power, especially the ones that abuse them.

The moment we got in the Elder's home, she shut the door and started explaining everything to us.

“Eden, Alexandra; we have been preparing this revolt for a number of weeks now. From the very beginning I and the others have suspected that these so called 'rulers' will abuse us and as such in secret to many, we have been gathering arms and support from other towns and even some nobles. Fortunately the King's army will not be attacking us since an old friend will be preventing them from attacking and killing us. This quest I've given you two was a last ditch effect in avoiding this fight. A hope for them since we'll win in the end. However my expectations of them have been betrayed for the last time. I wish for you two to help us in this effect.”

Ding

The Elder of the town 'Tour' has requested that you help lead the Revolt on the Guild 'Tasters'

If the revolt is successful, you will gain fame according to your contribution and reputation with the villagers. However if the revolt ends in failure, you will gain infamy and will be imprisoned. You will not gain the murderer mark during the revolt. If you already have the murderer mark, then it will be removed.


I looked at Alexandra whom has been worried for a while and finally regained her....well energy.

“We will accept this and crush those fool!” proclaimed Alexandra in a loud voice.

Ding

You and Alexandra have been assigned co-leaders of the revolt


I sighed out loud at this notification. If we fail then we'll be screwed for life you know. Well not exactly you or Viv but I will!

“So what are the details of the plan?” I asked now that I'm involved.

The Elder started his explanation again.

“The plan is simple. We just have to take over the town. This will be fairly simple. We can overcome the guild with sheer numbers. The town guards are the problem here. There are a number of men in the town guards that have been bribed and work for the guild. However the majority of them are sympathise with us. The second problem are the other foreigners like you two. We or rather you two have to convince them to join us. After that we kick the guild out of town and regain our freedom under the King. Next is the actual invasion of the 'Tasters' Guild and a number of other guilds. We will discuss that part later.”

I though through the plan several times. It was solid but left little room for mistakes. If we are outnumbered than the morale of the residents will plummet and the revolt will end quickly. The people at the guild must know this and are already calling reinforcement as we speak. In that case we have to finish this revolt as fast as possible.

“Elder can I have the details of our troops?” I asked.

“Sure.” he replied.

Ding

Details of Revolt

Number of Residents in town: 1281/1281
Number of Residents that are part of Revolt: 465/465
Number of Residents that are against the Revolt: 194/194
Number of Residents that can be persuaded either way: 622/622

Weapon Count
Swords: 150
Spears: 150
Bow: 100
Other: 50

To complete Revolt, all key buildings must be captured.
Elder Home: Done
Town Square: X
Town Hall: X
Town Gates: X
Town Armoury: X
Guild Building: X

Revolt will fail if these are all captured by the enemy.


I see, so according to this we have a high chance of succeeding but there is a chance we can fail since there are a number of residents that didn't side with one side yet. I hope that they all don't turn to the other side at once.

“Elder I think its best to capture the Gates and Armoury as fast as possible. Then we can get the town square and hall and finally the Guild building on the other side of town. I'll take the Gates while Alexandra can take the Armoury. Viv can go with Alexandra as well. Its better for less people to come with me since they'll be a hindrance. Elder you have to convince as many people to join our side. Well then let's begin!”

With our half-assed strategy in place, the Elder started commanding the residents to come with me, Alexandra or him personally. There were two gates in the town which I have to capture both at the same time.

You have been assigned 150 people


I got an even 50 swordsman, 50 spearman and 50 bowman. The same was with Alexandra. The Elder took the rest to try and rally other residents to our side. Other than the residents there were at least several hundred players in the town. They must have already gotten the notification about the revolt and are taking sides already. Well most of them will be our side since the enemy guild is heavily outnumbered and many players have been in this town for a while noticing the large taxes on both NPCs and players.

I looked at the 150 people I now had under my command. Most of them looked weak and I could've probably take them all out. Most of them were dissatisfied with me leading them. I looked around and found one of the older retired guards among them. He also gave the feeling that he knew what he was doing.

“You there, you're experienced in leading people right?”

The old man looked at me and nodded.

“I have been the protecting this town for the majority of my life. The Elder is an old friend. I know almost everyone in the town as well and they know me.” said the old man.

If this person was leading in capturing the other gate then I can focus on capturing my one.

“Then take 100 people with you and take the eastern gates.” I commanded.

You have given 100 man to retired guard Mathen


The people who heard this was shocked. Many complained that I was not thinking straight but they clam down after I threatened to lead them to their deaths. There's one thing I learnt is that dominating other people will force them to follow your orders. Thankfully my stats were enough to force them to bend to my will. The other person leading the charge at the eastern gate, Mathen took half the archers, 35 swordsman and 40 spearman leaving me with 15 swordsman, 10 spearman and 25 archers. Well it was a fine balance taking in consideration of the number of people needed to capture the gates.

After Mathen left with his share of men I looked at my own whom were all frightened at me.....

I sighed and said, “Well then, let's capture the western gate. I'll lead and you guys follow the flow and attack but don't get in my way or you'll get killed.”

I started sprinting to the western gate while looking around to see what was happening. Not many people were out on the streets and those who were, were often fighting while others were running away. I ignored these people and continued going to the western gate. I heard loud bangs and explosions which were probably due to Alexandra. As I reached the western gate I saw there were a number of guards gathered that were definitely not friendly. They numbered only 20, I can take them all out!

First Seal Release!

Fire Formation ? Ball Form ? Enlarge Factor ? Explode Factor ? Giant Exploding Fireball


“Giant Fireball!” I shouted after braking in front of them.

Giant Exploding Fireball ? Aim Shot ? Enemy Guards


I throw the giant fireball in the middle of the guards that seemed to be confused in what was happening. Well don't blame me for your ignorance of what was going on.

BOOOOOOM

The blast hit one guard directly and instantly killed him. The others near him was also caught in the explosion and died. The number of guards that died from this one blast was 7 while the other 13 remained untouched so far.

I sensed that my minions....I mean troops were just behind me now.

“ARCHERS FIRE!” I commanded.

The archers got in a shoty line and fired simultaneously at the remainder of the guards. Arrows pierced their bodies and they died one by one before they even got to attack.

“Well that went well.”

Details of Revolt have been Updated

Number of Residents in town: 1191/1281
Number of Residents that are part of Revolt: 807/875
Number of Residents that are against the Revolt: 50/71
Number of Residents that can be persuaded either way: 354/355

Weapon Count
Swords: 250
Spears: 250
Bow: 150
Other: 100

To complete Revolt, all key buildings must be captured.
Elder Home: Done
Town Square: Battle in Progress
Town Hall: Battle in Progress
Town Gates: Done
Town Armoury: Done
Guild Building: X


Revolt will fail if these are all captured by the enemy.

Looks like the others have completed their part so far. It also seems that the Elder or the other residents are trying to take over the town square and hall which are next to each other. It hasn't even been an hour since the Revolt happened and it seems we'll win.

“Its time to get the Guild Building”

As I was about to go there...

Ding

Opposing Side has surrendered. Revolt has been successful.


You have gained 100 Fame and 20 Reputation with the town


“What the......” I muttered.

“WE HAVE SUCEEDED!!!” shouted one of the residents and the other started cheering as well.

Their screams of victory clouded any doubt of what happened.

Something seemed off to me and I don't like it. I have to speak with the Elder later on about this. I silently slipped out of the crowd and headed for the Elder's house alone.

Part 2 – Lonely Grazer

I was awake, all alone. It was the middle of the night after the revolt was successful but I couldn't calm myself. Something was wrong. Something felt out of place. I was on the bench outside the Elder's house which was used to house countless people in their drinking. I was under 18 so all the alcohol tasted like juice to me. Viv was the same as me but still somehow managed to get drunk. Alexandra.......Alexandra was able to taste the alcohol and did.....some wild things.....that are best left untouched. Nothing offensive......I think.

[Eden you seem awfully depressed for someone who won a victory]

Ah llyfr...where the hell were you during the revolt? I tried calling for you and you didn't respond.

[I was a bit distracted. It takes a surprisingly large amount of energy to talk to you]

What does that mean? Should I considered that an insult or compliment?

[Both. I have to take care of you but none of the previous processors have opened up to me so much.....well I believe your worried of what will come]

Oh......yeah I am. Surrendering in the middle of a battle can do that. That man is planning something and I know it. He had that look in his eyes when he forced the revolt to occur. He knew a revolt was coming and didn't stop it, rather he encouraged and hasten it.

[True. But before you think much more of that, I want you to at least master lightning magic by morning else this place will burn. And I believe you don't want that]

Wait...WHAT? How do you know that?!

[Think of it as my instincts. I've experience worse than you can imagine and believe me when I say that humans can be worse than beasts]

True, but how the hell am I going to master lightning by the morning?! And besides, I already have fire and ice under my belt.

[Ah, then do you believe that you can single handedly take on an army that spans over thousands of men? I doubt it. You're not THAT strong yet. And besides lightning magic is perfect for warfare. Its has more strength and speed then any other magic but lacks flexibility. Against single foes it may be lacking but against an army, you can match them and more]

I see.....but still the problem lies in me mastering it before dawn. Hell it took me days to remaster fire and ice individually.

[Don't worry, even if your an idiot in these kinds of things, Warlic somehow managed to pound the information in your brain. And besides, lightning magic is far the easiest to use and control which was why you were using it so much before]

Hmm....you do have a point. But how will I access this damn information in my head?

[Oh that's the simple part....keke]

Umm.........I have a bad feeling.

[Now its finally time for you to learn TRUE DESPAIR!! HAHAHAHAHAHA]

Wha-

My consciousness was fading into somewhere. I can't tell but its too strong! Damn what the hell did you do llyfr?!

Part 3 – A Man Once Chained

When I awoke again I was somewhere I did not expect to be.....well how the hell am I to expect to wake up in a damp dark place out of nowhere! Wait...this place seems familiar for some reason.

“Where on Earth......”

“Not exactly on Earth but your close Eden” said a voice.

I looked behind me since a lot of people decided it was best way to surprise me....and I was damn surprised. I saw a man in some sort of dirtied armour chained up onto a wall. His helmet covered his face but I could tell even with the little light that he was wounded all over the place.

“Who...are you?” I asked trying to calmly analyse what was going on.

From what I remember was llyfr was going on about something and did something to my consciousness and then I ended up here. I don't believe that my body moved at all and that only my consciousness was sucked here

“So this place is somewhere not in the continent then...”

“Correct. This is a place that even the Gods would not dare step into ever since they made it to imprison me.”

This way of talking.......the sound of his voice.....

“You can't be.....llyfr”

The man smirked.

“Correct again. Your on a roll today unlike before.”

The man or rather llyfr was mocking me and I can fully tell right now. It was just that I couldn't really tell with his voice only. I wanted to hit him. I really wanted to hit him.

“Well you are an idiot after all.”

I'M GOING TO HIT HIM!

Chang~

Eh? Why couldn't I...

“Move your body right? Man you really are an  idiot to only notice now....”

llyfr sighed and I looked at what was restraining my body. It was...

“Chain?”

Rattle Rattle

I tried moved my body but the chain were pretty tight and I only move my head. Damn these were the only things that was shiny in this place. I checked llyfr's chains and saw it was full rusted but yet looked tighter and stronger than the ones on me. What on Earth was those chains made of.

“Don't bother trying to figure what these chains were made up, even I don't know and if I did then I would be able to break out of them.” said llyfr, “and besides we're not alone here. Look around, they are your seniors.”

The place became slightly lighter for me to see. Then I saw countless others like me bound to this place, they were all not moving but I have a feeling that they were all 'alive' if you call that living.

“After being here for countless years over countless years with me, their spirit have faded into the abyss. You will suffer this fate as well.” he continued.

I turned my head to llyfr is see that there was no lie in his eyes. However I was very very familiar with the abyss known as death since I've escaped it once though not from my own efforts.

If you encounter this narrative on Amazon, note that it's taken without the author's consent. Report it.


“So what the hell do you want me to do in this place? I surely can't shatter those chains and I doubt that you want me to rot here forever...for now.”

“HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA. I'm here to show you true despair. Did you not listen to me before you were dragged here? And besides if you live through this, you'll gain no, regain a power that can easily crush the likes of a mere army.”

Something was off. This can't be all advantaged for just me.

“So what's the price?” I asked.

llyfr was silent for a bit before saying, “Nothing.”

I smell bullshit right here.

“However it will be great entertainment for me to watch you struggle against the world like I did. For this I will teach...no force you to control this power of mine. First of all you have to break the chains that bind you. They serve to both hinder and keep you safe from me. Warlic and Crysero placed three seals on you. The first is the most prominent one which are the chains that stop you right now. They are engraved into your soul. The second is the one engraved in you flesh which further prevent my power to come to you but it leaves some in order to not make you cripple. The third is engraved into your skin as it prevents excess power from destroying both you and everything and everyone around you. You have easy access to the first seal while you need my help to release the second. The problem is the third and that is what I want you to break free from.”

I stared at him in disbelief. This was something beyond my power to do. Now and into the future, I can't see myself coming free from these chains. At my face, llyfr simply smiled.

“Don't worry, the chains have been broken once. Bones become stronger after broken but broken chains do not when mended.”

That doesn't encourage me you know! I have no memory of when and how that happened!

“Oh? Then can you explain why you feel a connection to this place you've never been before. Remember. The darkness. The power. The terror. And the despair that you've been engulfed in.”

Rather than all of that, I want to know why you can still read my mind!

“You're linked to me and that's why you're here. Don't think about it too much else I'll might get a headache from you.” said llyfr.

“Shut it!” I retorted.

I looked around to see if there was something I could use to break free of these chains but there was nothing I could see that could do the work less reach. I tried struggling against the chains to see if they at least loosen up least break or make cracks, but my strength is infinity not enough to even make them rattle.

“Hmm”

I looked at llyfr who was observing me quite closely.

“You really do look like a girl.” he said.

Anger fared inside of me almost instantaneously. I REALLY want to hit him now.

“Perhaps the Gods made a mistake and made you a man” he once more taunted.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I used every last piece of strength to try and get closer to that son of a bitch. Screw hitting him, I'm going to make him regret living! Hell I might as well gain the Gods favour by doing this. But no matter what I did, I was no closer to him as I was to breaking these chains. llyfr stayed silent for the most part in seeing me try and looked like he was considering something.

He sighed and then said, “I'll turn into a woman if you break the chains.”

Eh? What? My mind does not comprehend what was just said. I felt that the infinite possibilities was upon me right now. My anger faded quickly and my lust took over. I was only 17 years old and I am still in my prime. What was wrong with what I was feeling. Sure I was an extreme sadist......only to those that pissed me off but to think THAT llyfr would do this for me.

“Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!”

My arms, legs, heck my whole body was was filled with energy. But it did nothing to the chains.......

I looked at llyfr to see he was very disappointed with me. He sighed even more heavily then before.

“I see that you are quite damp down there. Perhaps it is due to your feminine appearance? Well what can I expect from one that looks like a woman and yet is not one.”

You know all those words about my lust and being in my prime. Yeah? Fuck that. I'm killing this asshole if its the last thing I do.

“DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!”

Forgetting about the extreme pain I'm having in my body right now, I sought after llyfr whom was so close yet so far from me. My body bled as I forced my flesh to be ripped apart from my bones as I advanced.

CRACK

One of the chains was breaking but I did not care. All I cared about was to destroy this one's smug look. To rip it apart with my bare bones if I have to. But these accursed chains prevent me so. In that case I have no need of them.

CRACK

My hands now free from the chains and my flesh gripped them with little strength but what I needed was strength. Strength to break these damnable chains and HIT llyfr in the face!

CRACK

The one chain that bend down to my will was slowly breaking. The others, not so ,much a hint of it wading but this ONE chain WILL break and I will be able to gain my freedom.

CRACK

Damn, one more push!

BREAK

The one chain that was in my hands as I tore it apart broke in brilliant light.

All Skills will rank up one level due to this event


Magic Mastery has advanced to beginner level 10. Skill has been converted to intermediate level 1

All Magic Skills will will have its mana cost halved
Able to use more advanced Magic


Elemental Mastery has advanced to beginner level 10. Skill has been converted to intermediate level 1

All Elemental Magic Skills will have its mana cost halved
Able to use more advance Elemental Magic


You have unlocked Ancient Magic Mastery


Ancient Magic Mastery Beginner Level 1

The power to use the forgotten Ancient magic of the past. Able to more clearly create spells that you desire and increases the controllability of the spells used. While Ancient Magic is commonly dangerous to use, if you are able to channel its power than you will become a powerful being.

Spell Strength Bonus: 10%
Spell Controllability Bonus: 10%
Spell Success Cast Rate Bonus: 1%


Sword Mastery has advanced to Beginner Level 7


Magic Control has advanced to Intermediate Level 3


Mediation has advanced to Beginner Level 4


Mana Absorption has advanced to Beginner Level 3


Mana Shield has advanced to Beginner Level 9


Creation Magic has advanced to Beginner Level 4


Armour of the Magic King has advanced to Beginner Level 2


Holy........shit.

You will gain a bonus of 10 points to all stats


I was amazed at the sheer....gift this was. If only it not the pain that came after it. My flesh WAS ripped off my bones and yet I could move my arms and hands as I normally would. I was becoming like an undead right?

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA. YOU ACTUALLY DID IT WITHOUT ANYONE'S HELP!!!!!”

llyfr was shouting on the top of his voice. It sounded beautiful but yet hollow. The countless years did its work on his emotions and state of mind.

Immediately I noticed that my body could move about now and that I was already healed. The chains were loose now but still stuck on me. Well as long as they don't hinder me then its all fine......or was it.

“You question that if this is the end. I can assure you that it is not. You have a lot of work to do but don't fear, this place is separated from time and space so you'll have all the time you'll need and...want and more” said llyfr while reading my mind. He had a hint of sadness near the end.

I looked at the llyfr that I've never before. He was usually calm and informative but this llyfr I see was young and bold in his words. Perhaps this is what he was originally like before he was trapped here.

“So what do I do now? Now that I am kinda free from the chains.”

llyfr smiled and said, “Study. Study everything you need for you'll need more if you want to live or rather exist in this world.”

When he said those words the place appeared to be less......threatening I think. It no longer felt damp and dark but had more of a old haunted castle feel rather being in a swamp. The other people.....existences with us disappeared as well and it looked more like the library I once worked in. Except that there was no shelves and books expect the ones packed in the corner and that only made the room seen bigger. There was nothing here but me and llyfr and those few, few books.

You are currently in your “Soul Room”

You can keep track of progress and what you know in this room. As you grow stronger the room will expand and as you become more knowledgeable, the room will be willed with it. In this place, time is non-existence and you can spend an infinite amount of time here and are able to access this place at will. However this cannot be done when in combat or under the eyes of a God.


“This, is the core of your soul. Nothing is here, yet or rather it was erased by the power of those chains except what was taught to you directly by Warlic. But that can't happen anymore, its power wane in yours and you can finally access the place at all knowable beings want to enter. The place known as the Akashic Records though very few have seen the true vastness of its knowledge including me and the other Gods.”

It was a very strange feeling to see what was there in your soul. Having almost nothing there made it seem worse than it was though there was llyfr so I guess it wasn't so bad.

“So what do I do to fill this place up?”

llyfr looked to his right and a door appeared. I walked to it and opened it to find a great library....no it was an understatement to say it was a library. It was something greater than that and I bet many have killed to try to even get a look at it in person, hell even an picture.

You have discovered the “Akashic Records”

Due to its nature, you will not gain any Fame and if you tell that you've discovered it, none will believe you. Any knowledge you gain here will be transferred to your “Soul Room”

“That is only a very very small faction of the true Akashic Records, holder of all knowledge which I've personally filled part of. Your chains prevent you from seeing the rest but this much is still beyond all of the knowledge one can go through in several lifetimes.”

I stared dumbstruck at the sight. The place was longer than 10 football fields and spanned further than I could see in width.

“What do I do?” I asked llyfr.

“Anything and everything.” he responded before disappearing from the room as well but not before I could tell that he turned into a woman......damn didn't have a good look......

Part 4 – Concerns

It was late at night as Warlic and Crysero as observing the world in general. Warlic was like always reading or drinking tea while Crysero was.....well being Crysero. The two often in different opinions on what to do were actually great friends......if you looked deep enough. However rarely did they agree on something which was like a silver lining or a signal that something was wrong.

This time they felt that something went wrong with Eden the poor unfortunate girl....I mean boy that was forced to do this exceedingly hard quest with a being in him that has and will destroy everything around it. The first sign was no more than a few weeks after her...his journey started when the second seal that was bound to his flesh was temporary broken but yet still broken. The two payed no mind to it since he was almost killed and the seal played its part. The reawakening of the being known as llyfr was a great surprised but Warlic learnt that it was more useful aiding Eden then cursing him. And so Warlic allowed it to aid Eden in his quest. He faced stronger foes and barely won in some cases even with help.

However the second sign was more eree than the last. Once again Eden now with companions though one was apparently a male as well which was very strange, faced another creature that held the power of the mana fragment. Eden died as a result and once more, another seal broke but what came out was more frightening then what he had hoped. Warlic was considering completely sealing Eden away else allow that 'thing' to break free. llyfr seems to be knowledgeable it but to so extents feared it as well. As Warlic observed, he noticed that Eden was different.....he now held more power than he should and was being trained in using it to the fullest. llyfr was planning something and he could not do anything but watch like every other time....as more die facing those beyond their reach.

However this time, Warlic was shocked at what llyfr did. llyfr was planning to do THAT. THAT of all things. Warlic questioned llyfr's intentions to see that its action did not make sense at all. Had llyfr hope that Eden might break its chains, but Eden can and will never wield that much power. Even several Gods together cannot.

But what Warlic felt was certain.

Eden's trial has began and he is in mortal danger.

But he cannot interfere as it is the fate of all those carry llyfr, the tyrant of kings.

Continue Misfortune?
PreviousExitNext


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:
- 5300~ words
- Well this got weird quickly. A revolt that finished early and this concept of soul rooms and such. Do note it will be a very long time before....no to be more precise this soul room will most likely never appear again since Eden will either be not able to enter it or it does it off-screen.
- Now on another point. I finished volume 4 but I haven't done the daily chapter thing yet. I have 3 reasons for that.
1. I am still planning out volume 5 and it takes a while
2. Because of point 1, I can't write volume 5 yet
3. I am also writing something like a sequel to this series. Well kinda, its about another group of 6 people who are more normal then this bunch. These three will be introduced as side characters in that story. Well I'm going to write 1 volume of that and then go back to this and believe me, writing 6 chapters at once is very hard with only one screen. Also I think each chapter might be really long.....damn why do I do this to myself....
Advertisement
Remove

About the author

lin4t

Bio: -

Achievements
Comments(6)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In