A note from Social_Knight

<Aria Perspective>

Advertisement
Remove

My name is Aria Jeraldine. I'm a princess of a pretty country that I love; and I would like to be a good royal for them. I want the people to know I'd do anything for them.

Unfortunately; I'm a stupid girl who makes lots of mistakes.

Father loves me; I know he does. But it’s always the fact I resemble my mother, I think, rather than my skills or reliableness (is that a word?) or anything like that.

Nobody asked me to do the summon-thing. They didn't expect anything from me. I had to go and beg Darence and Flementine to draw the circles for me and do the support without letting Dad figure it out.

I understand. I wanted to help with everyone being sad; but I messed up my one chance...

Who is this crazy I got? He's not bad looking; but he's mad! He keeps saying things I don't understand.

I-It’s not like I don't realise lovelove things go on between men and ladies when they like each other.

B-But w-why me? If I was Cadence; with her beautiful face and golden drills, or Melody, with her big chest, then his words would stick better. I know men like those things.

I don't like books and studying. Tutors gave up on me years ago. And even though you can put a dress on me; you can't make me a lady.

Stolen content alert: this content belongs on Royal Road. Report any occurrences.


I have lots of tone and muscle a girl shouldn't have. I broke my toys all the time when I was small. I'd rather go out and skewer wicked goblins on my spear than go to a ball. I don't have girly playmates except one girl called Rishya I go to school with.

So the fact this man is so free with his weird words, his naughty words, to me... it's never something I've had to deal with. So I don’t know what to do. Part of me wants to blush like the maiden I s’pose I am, but most of me is mad that this crazy is just throwing around words like ‘beautiful’, ‘marriage’ and ‘become one’ in my vicinity. We barely know each other! And how can you find a clod of dirt attractive!?

He’s an idiot. I think I hate him.

Even so, it doesn’t feel like he’s lying. Which doesn’t make any sense, because he’s actually sneaky. I’m not dumb enough to not realise he’s distracting me. When I was about to think about sad things or dwell on my mistakes; already, each time, he’s teased me or changed things to get my mind elsewhere. He’s decided, despite my shoddy summon-thing, to help us out anyway.

So maybe I can rely on him. Just a little. And be his spear. At the very least, he’s cleverer than I am, and maybe he has a really clever plan to see me, and the country through our impending doom.

Advertisement
Remove

Support "Yuusha Isekai! Youjo Suki!"

About the author

Social_Knight

  • UK
  • Purveyor of dubious medicinal snake oils [since 1885]

Bio: A strange englishman with an unusual degree of ambivalence over tea, he is a second-generation nerd, and the unfortunate owner of a berserk, leaking imagination that occassionally requires vomiting up as new designs for games and worlds.

He limped through university on a humanities degree, and though he often expected a career surrounded by paper, he did not expect that paper to be mostly forms and meeting minutes full of content so dross it could bore you to tears.

On the other hand, being in the civil service does teach valuable life skills, like the ability to turn a single concept into fifty-seven pages of content, something which synergises surprisingly well with more creative forms of writing as long as it is restrained.

Achievements
Comments(2)
Log in to comment
Log In