Advertisement
Remove

Chapter 7

 

Part 1

It’s now a Saturday afternoon, one day after Valentine’s Day. Once again, I’m stuck providing people with my free Uber service, but this time for my sister.

“Remind me where we’re going again?” I asked, driving to some random address Hailee handed me.

“To my boyfriend’s house.”

“I don’t remember you ever asking me for approval of having a boyfriend...”

“Who are you, my parents?”

“JUST DO IT,” I demanded.

“Fine, MAY I please have a boyfriend.”

“What happened to the days when you called me ‘ big brother’? You were all ‘big brother, please don’t go’, and ‘big brother I love you’.”

“Ew,” she said with a disgusted face. “Not happening.”

“Do you want to stay with your boyfriend or not?”

“Fine,” she said, rolling her eyes. “May I please have a boyfriend, big brother?”

“Nope. You’re too young.”

“What the fuck?! What was the point of me calling you Big Brother then?!”

“HEY! I better not hear you use that language one more time!”

“*cough* Hypocrite *cough*”

“You’re too young to be using that type of language. What grade are you in again? Seven? Eight?”

“NINE! I’M IN NINTH!” she said furiously. “HOW MANY TIMES HAVE WE GONE OVER THIS???”

“I’m joking, I’m joking,” I said, giving her a pat on the head.

“You can stop treating me like a little kid now. I’m in high school, yet you still say I’m too young for this and I’m too young for that.”

“I know, I know. I’m just scared my little sister’s growing up so fast,” I said, pretending to cry.

“Why? Is it because you’re afraid you’ll one day fall in love with me and start dating me to solve your miserable love life problems. By the way, that’s never happening, I’m not a supporter of incest, and especially not with you.”

“What the fuck are you saying?” I said, thumping Hailee on the head lightly. “I’ll always look at you as my adorable, cute little sister.”

“Get that stupid smile off of your face and never say that again.”

“Ouch, that hurt,” I said jokingly. “Say sorry to big brother.”

‘I hope you know I am NEVER calling you that again!”

“What happened to the cute and innocent Hailee who refused to let go of my hand on her first day of school? Now you’re just… cold.”

“I thought we agreed to never speak of that again. Either way, I grew up and I think you need to too. I mean, you still haven’t brought a girl back home and you’re obviously capable of doing so...:”

“Is that supposed to be a compliment or insult?”

“Neither! My point is, you need to find someone, and quick before you end up alone for the rest of your life.”

“I thought your point was that I need to grow up.”

“I was killing two birds with one stone.”

“Ah, I see. Anyway, unlike you, I don’t need six different relationships all at the same time.”

“Excuse me?! For your information, Jake is my only boyfriend and has been my only boyfriend.”

“So his name is Jake…..”

Hailee’s face then turns slightly red. “So what if it is?”

“So did you blackmail him or is he just simply retarded?” I asked with a smile on my face

“Shut up,” Hailee said as she thumped me on the head again, also smiling.

“I swear to god though if he hurts you in any way, shape, or form, I will beat the shit out of him.”

“There’s nothing to worry about, John-”

“Big brother”

“I already told you I’m never calling you that ever again.”

“Fine,” I agreed reluctantly. “When will I get to meet this Jake kid?”

“Hopefully never.”

If you encounter this story on Amazon, note that it's taken without permission from the author. Report it.

“I’m so excited! I’ll tell him all the embarrassing stories of when you were a kid, like that time-”

“Shut the fuck up right now before I punch you.,” she interrupted.

“By the way, why again are you going to this kid’s house?” I asked with a dirty smirk on my face.

Hailee instantly got what I was trying to say and started to blush again. “Ew, you’re nasty. It’s not like that, we’re only 14.”

“It’s okay, I get it. Just make sure he uses condoms and there aren't holes in them. There are some psycho boys out there who poke holes in them so they can get the girl pregnant and screw up her life. The most important part is to have fun and don’t get so nervous.”

“STOP, STOP, STOP,” she yelled. “Also, I think it’s the other way around. The girls are usually the ones who poke the holes, you know what, never mind.”

“Then make sure you don’t accidentally poke holes,” I told her.

“Can you drive faster?” she changed the topic.

“The number of people who have told me that.”

Right as I said that, I get a call from Xela on my cell phone.

“Speak of the devil!” I exclaimed.

 

Part 2

“Johnny, I’m late to my dentist appointment. Can you give me a ride there?” Xela asked through the phone.

“I’m kinda busy right now, can get your brother to drop you off?”

“Johnny, you never told me you have a girlfriend,” Hailee said aloud.

“Who’s that, Johnny???” Xela asked in confusion.

“I never thought the day would come when the clown and my evil little sister would meet,” I said jokingly.

“Clown???”

“Evil???”

“So why again are you calling me instead of your brother?” I asked Xela.

“He had to go meet his girlfriend's family or something like that,” Xela responded.

“SEE, even whoever this girl is’ brother has a girlfriend. You need to-”

“Shut it, Hailee.”

“You know my address right?” Xela asked me.

“Yeah, I coming right now,” I said as I make a U-Turn to get to Xela’s house.

“W-What??? How do you know this girls’ address? H-How far have you two gone already??” Hailee stuttered sarcastically with a grin on her face.

“It’s not like that!” Xela and I both yelled.

“I’m so glad…” Hailee started fake tearing-up. “My brother is finally growing up.”

“Didn’t you say she was your LITTLE sister?” Xela asked me.

“She is. She just thinks she’s all grown up now and everything since she has a boyfriend in 9th grade.”

“Pffh,” Xela sighed. "Ninth graders."

“What, don’t tell me you’ve been single all your life too?” Hailee asked Xela.

“Even more than I,” I told her.

“I can see why you two get along so well now,” Hailee commented. “Maybe you two should be each other’s fir-”

“Not happening!” Xela and I both said at the same time.

 

Part 3

Once Xela entered the car, all I could think about was what happened last night and what she said before she fell asleep.

I shouldn’t think too much of it. She was drunk on chocolates and wasn’t thinking straight when she said it. She couldn’t have meant anything by it. Still, why the fuck is my heart beating so fast? Also, what’s with the awkward atmosphere around me right now.

To my side, Hailee was on her phone, also witnessing the awkward silence which went on for around 10 minutes until Xela finally broke it.

“Did I do anything weird yesterday by the way?”

“Nope.”

“You didn't do any weird stuff while I was drunk?”

“WHAT?! Big Brother intoxicated and did illegal stuff to this girl WHEN THEY AREN’T EVEN OF DRINKING AGE? Oh no, I should stay away from big brother before he does anything weird to my underage body,” Hailee said, scooching away from me.

“That’s not what happened. Also, don't make jokes about that. I’d never do that to my adorable little sis. Anyway, she got drunk on fucking alcohol chocolates, so I took her home to rest before she could cause any more trouble in a fast food restaurant and waited for her brother to pick her up. That’s all that happened. No illegal stuff, no drugging, no nothing,” I explained.

“So after 17 years, this clown is the first girl you take home?” Hailee sighed.

“What’s with people calling me a clown today? Wait, I was your first?” Xela asked, surprised.

“DON’T MAKE IT SOUND LIKE WE HAD SEX!”

“Just how much did I miss?” Hailee asked.

“NOTHING. YOU MISSED NOTHING AT ALL,” I explained to Hailee. “Don’t listen to anything this clown says.”

“Stop calling me a clown!” Xela demanded.

“Stop getting dirty images in my little sister’s mind.”

“That was unintentional! You calling me a clown is intentional!”

“Unintentional or not, now my little sister lost her respect for me.”

“No, don’t worry. You lost that LONG before this,” Hailee said.

“Was it because I forgot about your birthday for the 4th year in a row? Was it because I told your friends in elementary school you still talk to your stuffed animals? I’M SORRY. I’M SORRY. I DIDN’T MEAN ANYTHING BY IT.”

“Wow, you really are a bad brother,” Xela said.

“I know right,” Hailee agreed. “Are we there yet? Can you drive faster?”

“Impossible. This guy drives slower than my grandma walks,” Xela added.

“Slow and steady wins the race.”

“If me being late to my dentist appointment is a win, then congratulations, you’ve won LONG ago.”

“We’ll be there soon, calm down.”

“What? I thought we were going to my boyfriends’ house first,” Hailee whined.

“What’s more important? Her dentist appointment or you fucking your boyfriend for the first time.”

“WE’RE NOT HAVING SEX! Other kids will be there too.”

“I already told you, I’m not against you doing you know what as long as you use protection with no holes in them.”

“Not this again,” Hailee sighed.

“What fucked up brother-sister conversations were you guys having before I came?” Xela asked.

“Don’t worry about it,” Hailee said to Xela. “This lunatic is always telling me not to listen to you, but I think it’s him that I shouldn’t be listening to.”

“And what makes me a lunatic??” I asked.

“Everything,” they both say at the same time.

“Big brother brought back a smart girl,” Hailee commented.

“Don’t call me that when there are other people around," I told Hailee.

“Why not? Aren’t you the one who told me to start calling you ‘big brother’ again?”

“Yes, but that makes other people think I have a sister complex.”

“But you do have a sister complex…”

“I know,” I admitted. “But that doesn’t mean other people have to know too.”

Conversation and laughter continued to fill the car as I kept driving along the near-empty roads to get to Xela’s dentist appointment. Hailee and Xela slowly began to get to know each other more and more as they continued to pick fun at me. Most importantly, today provided a great distraction for me for what happened the night before. Did she really mean what she said? Why do I get so nervous whenever I think about it?

Advertisement
Remove
A note from PLAYPRETEND

I had a lot of fun writing this one, so I hope you enjoyed. Feeback is appreciated. Also, the title isn't really supposed to mean anything, it's just the names they call each other in the chapter.


About the author

PLAYPRETEND

  • Canada

Bio: hey

Achievements
Comments(2)
Log in to comment
Log In