Not the "Support" you were expecting

by

Sicarii N PC

Chapter 8: Poison, giant animals,...don't tell me there's a dwarf giant too. (Iso's POV)


A note from Sicarii N PC

AN: So as I said, there's another chapter. Hope you enjoy it.

Advertisement
Remove

We have crossed the drawbridge in a single file. It creaks every time I step forward. Fortunately, it as only a short distance near the entrance. The door was crack opened when we got there. We then light the torches we have brought.

Inside, the ground was more like soil than cemented floor. There were rocks and debris here and there. On the right were stairs towards somewhere. It's not really a stair to go upstairs but into a new room that has a higher ground.

On our left side is a door probably leading to the watch tower of this ruin.

"We should go check that out" One of my classmates said, pointing at the door.

Eadwulf nods at this but still hesitates.

"I think we should send only some to check what's behind those doors. I, of course, will be there if something happens. The rest will stay here and guard our backs" Eadwulf finally says.

I was one of the picked student to check what's behind the door. We were a total of 7 people, including Eadwulf.

We entered the room and the first thing we saw were webs. Lots and lots of webs. My instincts is telling me that something dangerous is behind me.

"Look out!!" (Random students)

Well, guess I was right. I did not like the pain I felt after I received that warning. Imagine the bite of ant. Now imagine ants around your body biting you nonstop. Now imagine that a lot stronger in a concentrated part of your body.

That's how much pain you experience with the bite of a giant spider. Eadwulf quickly rushes over and slashes the giant spider with his sword. Cause of that, I was separated from the spider.

My mind was hazy. I found that I was already collapsed on the floor and can't seem to move my body or even feel it.

I got the feeling that they are quickly subjugating the giant spider. It feels hot in the room and I barely see the giant spider burning. Our magic caster must have used a fire spell or something

I feel them cleaning the bite at my back, pouring a liquid over it. They also made me drank something that is probably a healing potion or an antidote for the poison. But I feel much better.

The bite still hurt but I am regaining my senses now slowly. My mind is clear and I can think normally. It took me a while before I realize that they are talking to me.

"Are you alright? Can you hear me?" (Eadwulf)

"Yes, yes. I think I'm fine now" I replied back.

"That was a nasty bite. Do you think you can stand up?" (Eadwulf)

This tale has been unlawfully lifted from Royal Road. If you spot it on Amazon, please report it.

To see if I can, I tried to. Immediately, I felt nauseous and almost stumble over. But I manage to regain my balance and stand up.

"You should stay at the rear guard for a bit and let yourself rest" (Eadwulf)

"Okay" (Iso)

And we left the room and joined the others outside. Eadwulf explained what happened and looks of concern were given to me.

I followed Eadwulf's order and stayed at the back where our magicians & long-range attacker are assigned. We went up the stairs and into a new room or hallway cause I have no idea which.

We have three choices. One is to go inside the door that was in front of us. Two is to go left path. And lastly is to go to the right.

Eadwulf decided that the class should split up in three. That way, we'll find the way much faster. Aimi's group went towards the door. We went towards the right. While the others went to the left.

We encountered three rooms as we move forward. All of them were empty, with only destroyed furniture inside.

We reach what must be the corner of the moat house. And what lay there was a giant snake. Great, another monster we have to fight.

'Time to roll initiative' I thought sarcastically

This time, I readied myself as much as possible. I hold my knife just like how I practice. Our vanguards charged forward and attacked the snake. They know that our magic casters are the ones who deals heavy damages. The vanguards are the ones who will keep the enemy busy.

Because I can't cast a spell, I charge in with them. The snake released killing intent and lung at the guy in front of me. He blocked it with his shield and then grapples the snake. We were given an opportunity to attack.

I went near and stab one of its eyes. Blood spurted out and the snake thrashed around. I didn't manage to get my knife back. The snake spits out poison at the guy who was grappling him. It hit him in point blank range and he released the snake.

He falls back away from it. I saw that his armor reduced the damage but it did cost him pain. I quickly went towards him and pulled him back.

Our casters just finishes their preparations now and activated their spell.

"We ask the sky to grant us power., hear our plea to eliminate our enemies, show them the crack of the clouds, the howling of the your power, release it and crush our foes, 'Lightning Aura: Thunder Hammer'"

Several magic array appeared above the snake. The whole room became bright when lighting came out of those and hit the snake. I think it was overkill to use such a powerful spell against one enemy. What remained of the snake was nothing, not even ash.

Well I can't complained about it cause they are the ones doing the magic. We also attended the wounds of the one who got splashed with poison. His body is now stable.

Because it was already a dead end, we went back near the stairs. We found Aimi's group already wating there. We exchange information and explained our situations.

What they found inside the door were stairs leading up to an empty room. They found nothing but a broken chimney and some empty chests. That was why they came back early.

After a while, the others came back with Eadwulf. It looks like they were forced into more battles than we have. Some of them were injured but not fatal.

They told us that they found a staircase leading down and they think it is entrance to the real dungeon. They said that they had to fight giant rats, a giant tick, and a giant lizard. Why are there so many giant animals here?

We also told what we found in our explorations.

We rested for a bit to heal our wound after that. We ate some of our foods to recover our stamina. We then left off towards the staircase down.

As we go, I saw the dead bodies of rats lying around. The smell sucks and I was disgusted.

I already cleaned my shirt and armor of the blood that was splashed t it from the snake. But I can't seem to take away the smell. It was good that we use magic spells to kill them, cause I don't want to see dead bodies again and again

Finally we reached the stairs down. Darkness greets us when we looked. I wonder how deep this dungeon will go?

Advertisement
Remove
A note from Sicarii N PC

I won't update this weekend cause I'm busy and I already posted yesterday and today. So I'll be updating next weekend or on Friday. It depends


About the author

Sicarii N PC

  • Somewhere over the rainbow
  • The Missing God

Bio: Hullo, I am Carlo but I want to use my username Sicarii so just call me that. My writings are heavily influence by lightnovels such as arifureta, the dungeon seeker, the rising of the shield hero and many others. I also take inspiration from animes, mangas, books, and other series that I like. I seriously like to write about sword and magic (cause I want to be in one). I am a heavy reader and by that mean I could finish a book within 1 to 2 days but it varies. Book authors I look up to are Rick Riordan, Soman Chainami, Pseudonymous Bosch, Lemony Snicket (is that the right spelling?), and other authors I might have forgotten but will write it when I remember.

Achievements
Comments(0)
Log in to comment
Log In