A note from rhino

 

 

enjoy

Advertisement
Remove

On another side of the island, inside a big building, there is a control room.

In the control room, there was a huge screen with a map of the island, displaying many green points that symbolize the tracking devices on the animals. Three people are sitting there, closely monitoring the animals' movements. Suddenly, one dot disappears from the map. The girl who notices it quickly rushes to the professor's office to report what happened.

The door to the professor's office opens, and the girl enters. Inside the room, various items are present: a large library filled with animal books, a table holding the tusk of an unknown creature, several framed degrees displayed on the wall, and finally, a man. The man appears to be around thirty years old, with brown hair, black eyes, wearing a white lab coat and glasses.

Girl: Professor, the tracking device of one of the Entelodons went offline just a couple of seconds ago.

Professor: Oh, which Entelodon was this, and in which sector was the tracking device when it went offline?

The girl consults the paper in her hand and answers, "Entelodon number 10 in sector 6."

Professor: If I remember correctly, sector 6 is where the previous Alpha short face bear, Rono, was last located. We sent a team there three days ago to retrieve him, but no one has returned to explain what happened. Keep monitoring that sector and send a team to investigate. Report back to me on what they find.

Girl: Yes, Professor.

With that, the girl exits the office, closing the door behind her.

Professor: It's surprising that this is happening now, but it's impossible to alter the timeline. The Board of Directors will pay for their disregard of my research.

The professor sits and fiddles with a small spiral key on his desk.

Taken from Royal Road, this narrative should be reported if found on Amazon.


Marked Change of Scene

In the Cave

Everyone finishes eating the soup and gathers around the bonfire.

Oscar: This is nice and all, but I'm worried about my younger brothers and sisters I left at home.

Jan: I miss my parents. Even though I moved away from their home five years ago, I still talk to them every day, telling them about my day and problems.

Ira: I miss my son that I left at home. I'm lucky that my sister is living with me, so she can take care of him until I return. What about you, Lee?

Lee: Me? I miss my father and little sister, but I lost them even before we got here. So, you have a little boy, Ira?

Ira takes out a small picture of her and a little boy hugging each other. From the little boy's appearance, he seems to be around 5 years old and inherited his mother's beautiful blond hair.

Ira: Yes, Lee, this is Max, my little angel. I would do anything for him.

Boom

Some stones fall from the end of the cave, revealing two huge figures.

Strong Roar Sound

Two massive bears appear. One bear stands at 5-6 feet tall at the shoulder, with a brown color. The other bear is not clearly visible; it's behind the first bear, on the other side of the crack.

Suddenly, a voice is heard in their heads:

 

"Triggered: Hidden Side Mission

Kill Rono, the Current Alpha Short-Face Bear

Reward: 1500 points and a C-rank reward for the killer of Rono

All participants in the fight will gain 400 points and a D-rank reward

Penalty in case of failure or running away: Minus 2000 points and a C-rank reward."

 

Oscar: Shit! The smell of blood from the Entelodon must have spread in the air and attracted these bears. They followed the scent of blood until they found us. That's how they both ended up here.

May: This doesn't look good. We need to get out of here!

She turns around and starts to run towards the cave exit.

The first bear observes her intentions and swipes his right paw, striking May's stomach. May is sent flying about six meters and crashes into a tree outside.

Boom

May lands on the ground with lifeless eyes and a shocked expression.

Lee: May!

Oscar: Lee, we don't have time to grieve. We have to fight against these two bears now.

Ira: He's right, Lee.

Lee gazes at his friends, their eyes waiting for his decision.

Lee: Okay, guys, let's take them down.

Advertisement
Remove

About the author

rhino

  • Israel

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(2)
Log in to comment
Log In