A note from Palt

Sorry about lack of chapters, these two last days have been kind of... hectic. But, nevertheless, i hope you enjoy!

And, to those who kind of realized it, yes!

I am swedish!

Advertisement
Remove

I believe the only thing keeping me from having to realize that i suddently had the body of a girl was the realization that i suddently had the body of a child.

Thankfully, i was, and am, the kind of person who is easily distracted by the now and forgets to think, so i dealt with this otherwise life-changing transformation as if it was just another day, andother dime. I suppose my transformation into a flower and all the other stuff must have made me somewhat used to it. Whatever the case was, i took my mind off of it and turned to filling out papers.

Luckily, just as i feared that my strange new form would be to naught, something happened.

- Swedish has branched off and created Swedish Speaking Lv.1. Using this, people who speak Swedish will now be able to understand you as you understood them when you had Swedish Lv.1. In short, they will understand some of the words you say (~20-30%). When speaking shorter sentances, this procentage will rise. (1 word = 100%, 2 words = ~50/100%, and so on.) -

I fistpumped into the air in joy, to Hans’ and Lloyd’s great confusement.

”D-, Doo yoo un’erstan’ e?”

”...”

I brought to mind what voice had said and decided to speak in only single words. A flash of ”what amounts to a beginning or an end to a sentance? Can i tell an entire sentance by pretending each word ends with a dot?”, but i pushed it aside in light of the current situation.

I tried to speak as clearly as i could, despite how unused i was.

”H-, Hello?”

”...!”

Their faces elongated in surprise.

”Y-, You speak Swedish!?”

”W-, Li-, Little...”

”A little... Right. But thats good! Why so suddently though? You couldnt speak just a second ago...”

”W-, Well, Ai lernd an’ stuff, ai gess?”

”...I didnt understand a word of that... Can you only speak single words?...”

”Ye-, Yes!”

”Right... Well, single words is enough to fill out a simple paper!”

Hans seemed to have suddently grown excited and scooted the paper over to me, as if i had forgotten about it.

...But i still couldnt write swedish...

I appreciated the gesture, so i bowed my human/pixie body slightly to Hans, who seemed surprised at this motion, before shrugging and passing her the pen.

If you encounter this narrative on Amazon, note that it's taken without the author's consent. Report it.

Hans looked at the pen, and back to me. A dissapointed look flashed across her face as she realized what i meant, but it dissappeared as soon as it had appeared and she grabbed the pen with a slight, content smile.

”Gender?”

”...M-, Male.”

”Right...”

I wasnt completely sure, but im PRETTY sure she scribbled ”female” on that paper. But i dont know. All i know was that it sure wasnt man... but then again, swedish and stuff. Who really knows?

”Species?”

”Vl-, Flower.”

”Mhm... Level?”

”Wa-, One.”

”Right, right...”

And for about a minute or two, this continued. Any question that required more then a single word were skipped (Lloyd allowed it. It would seem they were mor mischallaneaous than anything.), but other then that, it went smoothly.

Finally, we slid the paper to Lloyd, who controlled it only for formal reasons, before handing me a small stick made of bronze that ended in a small ball. If i poked someone with it, it would probably hurt. For a second, i knew niether what it was nor what i was supposed to do with it. Then i noticed how Hans recieved one as well, howeverm hers was a white kind of see-through stick, which glimmered like a gem in the light of the Guild. With a happy yet sad sigh, she pierced it through the front of her dress before bringing it back out, making three small, glittering streaks of crystal.

It looked very nice.

But i still didnt know why.

Noticing my confused gaze as i held the brass stick in my little hands, Hans gave me a little explenation.

”Ah! Right! Sorry, i was so absorbed in fastenig it that-,”

”I-, It’s fine.”

”...Thanks. Right, so, we Jä-, ehem, ”Exterminators” have all kinds of ranks, yeah? Were also divided into different types, but that isnt as important, These ranks range from Green Slime to Fearless Killer. My rank is rather high, Demonic Tiger, which is represented by a see-through crystal, and my type is the most common, swordwoman, and so, it doesnt end in anything wierd. Your rank is Fierce Weed, and your type is, as indicated by the small ball, a magic caster.”

”...”

”You are a magic caster, right?... You threw that acid thing and then you used Wind Slash to cut off thats Beast’s feet, right?”

”Uh... Right...”

”...”

”Yes.”

Im a magic caster now.

F E A R M E

”...Alright... Good. Well, over there, on the right wall-,”

I turned to the right wall. It wal covered from roof to floor by papers.

”There you can find quests and stuff. Hey, is that a questionmark about your head?... Right. Well, our job is to exterminate Beasts, thus the name Jäger.”

That last part was whispered, for some reason.

”Ehem, this ranges from defeating a troublesome beast, to killing rabbits destroying the crops and fields of farmers, to defeating dragons. Well, dragons dont appear so often, so... But our job mainly involves exterminating beasts. Thus the name. These quests are ranked in the same way as we are, and, usually, one can take on the rank beneath them on their own, whilst a team of people can take on a quest on their level. Then again, you MAY not take on a quest too far from your own level. As an example, you, being of Vicious Weed rank, may take Vicious Weed rank quests, as well as Annoying Hare levels. Though, as these ranks can occasionaly be confusing, we usually shorten it to Ranks One through One-Hundered. Ah, dont worry, raising your rank isnt too hard. Doing a quest on a rank below yours will not raise your rank, youll justearn money and stuff, but doing a quest on your rank will raise it one step, and doing a quest on the rank abouve yours will raise your rank twice. However, you may not accept quests more than one step aboue your own, and, unless you cant raise your rank, you may not take quests more than five steps below your own. Though this will hardly be neccessary as there are more then enough quests to go around. Its a lot to take in, but... You kind of get used to it, right Lloyd?”

”That is not how you phrased it when you were a Precautious Arachne, but yeah. Thats the gist of it. I sure do hope you listened well, Bob.”

”Huh? U-, Um, Yesh.”

”...Ill take that as a yes...”

 

I dont even remember what rank i was...

Advertisement
Remove
A note from Palt

It accepted me.

 

It didnt accept two of my siblings. 

 

Thankfully, it didnt force us to eat them, but instead it pushed them out of the dark place we were in to the great joy of the something scutteling about out there.

 

I was afraid.

 

But i didnt show it.

 

I was reluctant about feeding off of my new mother, but my only other choice was starvation.

 

And so, i fed. 

 

The days went on.

 

One day, she returned with a deer in her maw.

 

Me and my sister ate it alive. We faught hard about it which sullied everything, but our mother seemed happy with us.

 

When we had eaten our fill, she swallowed the remains whole.

 

Will i one day be that big?

 

+ Yes. +

 

I see.

 

Then, i shall survive.

 

And so i did.

 

For a long time, i survived.

 

That was until she wanted us to fly.

 

———

 

(Hey bois, it became kinda wierd. RRL has been acting up recently when i try to write the end note, which made one of my earlier end notes end VERY abruptly. Ill try fix it, so, until then, i hope youll survive!)


Support "Yet another ”reincarnated as a monster” story, however, this time, it’s a carnivorous plant"

About the author

Palt

Bio: Currently going insane for better character insight

Achievements
Comments(6)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In