Advertisement
Remove

CHAPTER 5 THE TRANSMIGRATION

Scene 1:

It was getting weird. The only reason that I held up the ring like this, was just to show it to Pinks, the girl who asked for transmigration.

But she simply stared at the ring, wordless, mind totally going blank. The dumb look on her face made me feel awkward, and the way I held the ring even added to my awkwardness. It looked like a dumb holding ring for proposal to the other dumb who was just a 16-year-old chick.

So instead of holding it like forever, I quickly wore it with my ring finger, which made it like an engagement ring, even closer to a proposal.

Damn it.

I had to explain:

“Listen, it’s not what it looks like. I have to wear it in my ring finger. That’s the only way to make the transmigration work.”

She frowned, and questioned to make it sound really annoying.

“So a f#king damn ring can help me out by transmigration?”

I was totally zoned out for a second, then back again.

“Hey, language!” I said.

But all she gave me was another curse:

“You did that motherf#king thing to me first! You asshole!”

That was true. She had reason to be mad at me. After all she only got 16.

So I committed: “Fine, you got me. My bad. I am sorry, for not being so nice to you. But now since I have shown you my tricks, and the transmigration ring, which is actually called “Ring of Spirit”, I suppose we are square. Shall we?”

She hesitated for a moment, and then nodded. So apology accepted, things would get better from now on.

“Ok, let’s move on.” I said, and raised my left hand to show her the ring again.

“To transmigrate, you have to engage with the ring first, which is why I wear it on my ring finger, to complete the engagement. So technically, you are in agreement with the ring, to use its power for transmigration, like a covenant, between you and the ring.”

“Yeah, I forgot. One more thing, male left, female right, That’s a rule.” I added.

She looked at the ring for a while, seemed really trying to absorb every single word I just said, and then asked:

“So if I’m gonna wear the ring, I’m supposed to wear it with my right hand, because obviously I’m a female, and according to the rule.”

Taken from Royal Road, this narrative should be reported if found on Amazon.

“Correct.” I said with an approval nod.

But then she ruined my ears: “What if it’s a shemale? What kind of rule shall be followed? Like, a man by biological definition changes his gender and some organs, or some traits in a technical way of...”

WHAT THE HELL?

She really left me no choice.

“Ok, stop...stop…Stop right there! Are you really gonna screw up this topic?! I thought you were only 16!”

She shrugged.

“Ok, fine. Anyway, I’m going to show you what a transmigration looks like. So please stay back. Move.”

I asked her to stand just right by the door, leaving me some travel space.

“What you gonna do?” She was actually getting curious.

I simply smiled: “I’ll be back in a minute. I told you. I’m gonna banish these hogsheads, by exile.”

So I started, by blowing at the ring with a spell:

“Underworld.”

Meanwhile, the fine gemstone crafted on the perfect gold circle, like sleep beauty being woken up by a kiss, started the transmigration with a violet glim on its sheer surface.

The glim grew really fast, getting stronger by every second past, and unleashed so much light. The light spread out, like a blooming violet, and every petal of it shining through the room, shattered space into puzzle pieces.

“Where you going?” Pinks shouted. Her voice echoed, traveling through the shattered space around me, as if she were way far from where I stood.

“I’ll be right back! If you see Aezo come, kick his ass for me! No mercy!” I shouted too.

Then, everything started falling down, puzzle pieces like a heavy rain, and I was immersed in the blooming light, buried alive…

Scene 2:

Shortly After vanishing from the storage of my shop, I landed in a dark cave, with the four bodies all together.

I looked up. The rune of a violet lightning symbol was glimmering in a fresh way, which engraved on a rough rock wall, as a hotspot mark I had left long ago, to transmigrate back and there, between underworld and human world.

I started to get these bodies off my cart. But a voice rose from nowhere, without any notification.

“If you keep feeding monsters here with a variety of all kind of trash you abandoned in human world, I guess I will have to charge a service fee.”

“Lord Han.” He added.

The voice caught my breath at first place. But when I heard the word “lord”, my guard was off. Across the universe, only one man knew this place and would call me a lord, with my sir name attached.

Jia Gu, the grand merchant in underworld, usually known as Boss Jia.

I turned around and searched. There was a pond nearby, the mysterious flicker underwater reflecting itself on surface, like a neon light, and a man’s silhouette became visible by the flickering pond.

“Well, good to see you, boss. What brings you down here? Fishing?” I joked.

He turned around, giving me an indifferent look, and simply said:

“I have a message to be delivered.”

“Well, to whom?” I asked, though the answer was pretty obvious.

However.

“Relax, my lord. It’s not about you.” He started to move, coming out of the shadow, with a good looking face always in his 30s, and the finest fabric you could ever find in underworld.

Unlike other folks in underworld, Boss Jia always dresses up like a big man, and indeed, he got a reputation among those fellows.

As he getting closer, I started: “Wow, look at you, man. Nothing changed. So age does set you free without a shit on that pretty face.”

In fact, Jia Gu had lived more than a thousand years, while still looked like a young man.

After what I said, he stopped right there, still indifferently, and said:

“Where’s your manner, Lord Han. Don’t you think you have spent too much time in human world that makes you almost forget your path of Daoism? My dear friend.”

HELL NO.

I rolled my eyes, giving him a tired look, and had to remind him one more time:

“I am human by origin. Besides, I’m not one of those freaks who seek for immortal in their entire life just so they could waste the eternal life to find out how to kill each other.”

But no matter what I said, he seemed just no reflection of any sentiment. I wondered if too much surgery and injection he had done to keep that face tight and fresh.

However, he sighed: “Rumor flies across all nine states. It is said that an outsider, could be male or female, who possesses the power to take over the Mega Temple of Thunder Pantheon, will defeat all the elders and eventually conquer the immortal world.”

Mega Temple of Thunder Pantheon, also known as Shen Xiao Lei Yu Fu, is the sacred place where all the deities who possess the power of thunder live, and it is one of the main belief in Daoism.

“What do you mean by outsider, someone like me in human world?” I asked.

Jia gave me a thoughtful look, and said:

“I truly hope it is not referred to you. But I suggest you to be more careful than ever. After all, you are the only one who broke the law once, and now still stay alive out of the law.”

Then he raised his hand, releasing something surrounded by a glowing orb of spell.

The orb flied to me automatically. All I had to do was just an open hand. The magic orb landed in my hand, spell over, light faded away, just to show me what was in it.

An amulet looked like a red wishing bag, no bigger than a car key, lying on my hand.

“What? A gift for Spring Festival?” I questioned.

“It’s an alarm. The outsider whoever can fulfill such apocalypse will wake up my amulet. Until then, shall we figure out who he or she is.” Jia explained.

I looked at it for a while, and then said:

“Well, apparently I am not the pathetic one who is gonna be a public enemy to Daoist fellows.”

“That’s it. Now go back to your world. Leave it to me.” He said, with a flicker of his batwing sleeve. Then all the four bodies include my cart, were grasped and driven to him, like telekinesis.

“Wait…wait…wait a sec! My cart!” I caught up in a hurry. Just the moment I got my cart, I gave a quick blow to the ring, and waited for the whole space falling into pieces.

Again.

(To be continued…)

Advertisement
Remove

About the author

oldmastercang

  • Doctor

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(0)
Log in to comment
Log In