Cheating Monster

by

Mickr4

Chapter 21 - Getting to know each others


Advertisement
Remove
This chapter has been proof-read by: AnthonyL

-------------------

“Uhhmmm... Aren't we walking in circles?” (Kneeko)

It had been hours now and our group of 6 were without a doubt walking in a circle. The players seemed to be looking for something but visibly couldn't find it so I ended up asking.

“Mmmfff fmfmffmff mfmmm mfmffmfmfffffmmm” (Bluetigurr) Said the ninja. I couldn't hear what he was saying because of the mask he was wearing over his face but his friends seemed to understand him just fine...

“What did he say?” (Kneeko)

“He said there should be a waterfall around here.” (Sexymolly23)

“Ho yes! You should have said that earlier. Sister, where was the waterfall again?” (Kneeko)

“I can hear it this way.” (Irene) She said while pointing north east.

“Wait, you know the area that well?” (Sexymolly23)

“Not at all but a waterfall is quite a noisy thing and sister has good ears. Simple really...” (Kneeko)

“Amazing big sis Irene!!” (magicdownunder) She then said, her face beaming with admiration.

“Tehehee* That's nothing much for someone as great as me!” (Irene) Sister then answered while rubbing the back of her head.

“Gahaha listen to this cute little sister of yours... As proud as a dragon gnahahaha.” (Sexymolly23)

Gulp* You have no idea how right you are big man... Even tho I spent so much time with her, I actually never saw Irene's dragon appearance, never saw her fight seriously either. Everytime she killed a monster, it was by punching and kicking it.

Maybe I would get to see more if we entered a dungeon together. After a few minutes we finally reached a big waterfall flowing down a cliff. It was around 20 meters high and 10 meters wide and behind it was the dungeon entrance.

This is a video game rule: Always look behind waterfalls. There's always something hidden behind them in games.

“Magnificent, splendid, spectacular, impressive, striking, glorious, superb, majestic, awesome, awe-inspiring, breathtaking.............” (Sacrafox) He was spinning around on one foot with his paint brush up in the air. Is he retarded or something?

Immediately Sexymolly23 took charge and began giving orders.

“Everyone ready your equipment and make sure you didn't forget anything!” (Sexymolly23)

The group then began waving their hands in the air, visibly browsing through the game interface and their inventories. Well almost everyone, Sacrafox was preparing a canvas for some reason. I was wondering why would anyone bring a painter in a dungeon exploration. Curious, Irene asked him what he was doing.

“Before the canvas is primed, it must be stretched to fit the frame. Attempting to stretch it after it has been primed will result in cracking and flaking of the priming, which creates a rough surface on which to apply oil paint. Primer also makes the canvas rigid and it is unlikely to yield no matter how hard you tug at it. Stretching your own canvas can be difficult at first, but it is more cost-effective than purchasing pre-stretched canvases, which is a consideration for many artists.................... Blabblablablabla*” (Sacrafox)

Irene ended up stealthily walking away from him hoping he wouldn't notice. After a few minutes, the group was finally ready to enter the dungeon. Magicdownunder created an opening in the waterfall with her staff preventing us from getting wet.


You have discovered the “Enigma” Dungeon.

As it's first discoverers, you will gain 50% extra EXP for the next 5 days.


Guhuhuhu* Brilliant! Everyone seemed quite exited but i was surprised to see that Irene seemed even more exited by the message. I guess all dragons wish to get stronger after all... After entering, we arrived at a big room filled with moss on the walls and floor. The entire place was crawling with insects seemingly eating the moss in question.

Curious, i walked up to one of the walls and identified the moss growing on it.

Plant
Species:Sphagnum cymbifoliumRank:C
Nature:MedicinalRarity:Uncommon


Nothing really impressive but the 4 players immediately began gathering some of the moss. I guess adventurers gather everything they can put their hands on... For me it didn't matter since i could always use [Gardener Touch] to grow some later. Once they had gathered enough and were satisfied, the group began setting up camp.

This first room was to be our base camp for this exploration. We had no idea how many floor were in this dungeon or what rank it was so the group took all the precautions they could before venturing any further.

Not having anything to prepare, i made use of these few minutes of free time to assign my 600 unused skill points into strength. (Haters gonna hate) I now had 1335 strength and since I had concentrated my points in a few skills instead of all over the place, I should now have enough strength to knock out monsters 2 time higher level than myself as long as I used my brain and abilities to cover up my weak areas.

The only living things that could remain unaffected by one of my punches should only be very high level monsters or players putting all their points into resistance which I was unlikely to come across. After this, since our 4 new friends still weren't ready to go yet, I took out the little book I had purchased at Niardo's library.

Skill Book
Skill:LuminarElement(s):Lightning
Rank:ERarity:Common
Restriction:
#Lightning element affinity.
#50 Mana to activate.

Create a glowing orb of light following the caster around. Last 15 minutes.


I learned the skill since I had the feeling it would come in handy in this dungeon.


You have learned a new Active Skill [Luminar]. (Cost. 50 Stamina) (Mastery: E)

The duration and luminosity or the orb depend on your mastery of the skill.


Being mostly ready i then began looking for a suitable weapon in my inventory rings. It needed to be a heavy blunt weapon with very high durability. After a few minutes I came up with an iron club with spiky studs on the tip.

It was around 5 feet long and weighed at least 450lbs but since I had such a high amount of strength, it only felt like a weightless stick that I could swing around effortlessly. I guess I could even bash a dragon's skull to pieces with this thing.

Minautorus Heavy Club
Minimum level:150Durability:15000/15000
Damages:(35-60)Rarity:Very Rare
-Restriction:
#800 Strength

-Damages multiplied by the user's strength


That should do the job. I needed to use a weapon since I would have to fight in my human appearance. This was the cost of tagging along with players because otherwise I would have used my basilisk form to fight. Who needs weapons when they have a body that is a weapon in itself.

While we were waiting for the 4 fantastic over there, Irene and I were nonchalantly chatting near the hallway leading further in the dungeon.

“I hope this dungeon will be worth it. I don't feel like fighting weak opponents again...” (Irene)

“Usually dungeons are a good way to farm EXP, I'm sure we won't regret it huhuhuhu*” (Kneeko)
“I hop-....ou are right.” (Irene)
“Of course i am.” (Kneeko)

Wait... I heard her talk while her mouth was closed. How is that possible? I was totally looking at her and didn't see her lips move at all... Did she use telepathy?

“Of course you are what?” (Irene)

[...]

“Sis, can you use telepathy?” (Kneeko)

“What are you talking about?! Of course I can't...” (Irene)
“Why is he as---ng me t--t?” (Irene)

Uh? She did it again! After a few seconds i made 2+2 and thought about something.

“Sis, can you think of a word in your head? Just keep repeating it please.” (Kneeko) She looked at me as if i was a crazy man but did it anyway.

“Sighhh alright...” (Irene)

This time I concentrated on her as much as possible, trying to focus on the buzzing in my ears.
“--agon ---gon -d---on dr---n drago- drag-n dra--n dra--- drago- d-agon” (Irene)

Unlawfully taken from Royal Road, this story should be reported if seen on Amazon.


Dragon! It's dragon! Wait, I can hear her thoughts?!!!! Then a sudden realization dawned on me. Could it be?!  Quickly i removed my bandanna exposing my forehead stone to Irene before asking her to think of another word once again.

“Dungeon, Dungeon, Dungeon, Dungeon, Dungeon...” (Irene)

“HOLY CRAP!” (Kneeko)

Everybody jumped after suddenly hearing me scream and readied themselves for combat. Quickly calming down I placed my bandanna in my inventory (Won't be wearing this anymore) GuhughuahuhGUAha*! This game keeps getting better and better guhuhu.*

“What was that about big bro?!” (Irene) She whispered to me with a worried look on her face.
“Did something happen? Is he alright?” (Irene)

“Hahahaha amazing!!! .. Cough cough* Sorry everybody I just saw a scary bug, everything is alright don't worry about it.” (Kneeko)

This dungeon is going to be a lot of fun. Guhuhuhu* I then used the rest of our waiting time to eat some deliciously bloody meat from my inventory while being careful not to be seen by the 4 fantastic.

[15 minutes later]

“Alright! We will begin the exploration of the first floor! Everybody stay together, the support and magic types stay behind me, I will open the way.” (Sexymolly23)

magicdownunder went in the back with the painter and Irene. As for me I was with Molly and the ninja at the front. We entered the first room and found nothing. Then the second room, still nothing.

“Mmfff fmfmffmf fmmmmfmfmmfm mfmfmm*” (Bluetigurr)

“What did he say?” (Kneeko)

“He said that it feels like a trap...” (Sexymolly23)

Rumble* Rumble*

As he said that a faint rumbling could be heard in the distance and the rumbling was getting louder by the second.

“Brother...” (Irene)
“There's a buttload of monsters coming our way.” (Irene)
“I know sis.” (Kneeko) I gripped my iron club ready for what was coming.

“INCOMING! READY YOURSELVES!!!” (Sexymolly23)

Then suddenly from the darkness appeared a giant rat as big as a pony. The beast jumped in the air ready to attack with its razor sharp teeth.

“Mine!” (Kneeko)

I took a quick step forward and bashed its skull open, embedding it into the floor with my club killing it on the spot and sending blood splatters everywhere. Then I took another step forward and did the same to the next one, and the next one, and the next one...

“GahagagahAGAaa! Look at all the pretty shade of red !! yAgahagaghag*!” (Kneeko) I hadn't had this much fun in a while and was very glad to have come to this dungeon after all.

“Heyyy leave some for me as well you selfish big bro!!” (Irene)
“I can't let him grow stronger than me without doing anything about it!” (Irene)

She jumped forward and began bashing giant rat skulls with her fists. Now with Irene standing next to me, we quickly advanced forward toward the direction they had came from.


[Sexymolly23 POV:]

“INCOMING! READY YOURSELVES!!!” (Sexymolly23)

As we were preparing ourselves for the incoming wave of monsters, a giant rat jumped at me making me flinch at how ugly they were. [Identify]

Monster
Species:Giantus RatusLevel:65
Monster Rank:LowRarity:Common


What the fuck? The first monsters we encounter are level 65??? This dungeon is way too high level for my group.. I need to call for a retreat!!!!!!! As I was thinking of yelling to my group to retreat, one of the two NPC who had followed us here jumped forward with his iron club in hand and obliterated the giant rat with one hit.

“GahagagahAGAaa! Look at all the pretty shade of red !! yAgahagaghag*!” (Kneeko)

I won't lie, hearing him say this gave me shivers. He killed another one, then another and another... They were mere insects to him. Who the fuck is he? By his clothes I thought he was a stupid noble who was going to quickly die on our hands but... What is going on?!

As to make things even more bizarre his little sister suddenly joined him and began ripping rats to pieces with her bare hands trying not to let her brother hoard all the prey to himself. What the hell is it that we are witnessing right now? My legs are turning into jelly...

“GYAAAAAaaaaaa!!!! Hahahaha Take this and that ! Yaaaa!! Quickly little sis, you are lagging behind Hahaha*” (Kneeko)

“I won't let you! Splash* Cough* cough* Heyy stop splashing blood in my face!!!!” (Irene)

“Gygahgayahahahaha!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!” (Kneeko)

[...]

Tug* tug* tug*

Feeling a tug on my sleeve i looked behind and saw magicdownhunder with teary eyes.

“I..i.i....I'm a little scared Molly...” (magicdownunder)

“Gulp*... M..m.m..Me too...” (Sexymolly23)

“Look at all the pretty shades of red!! This fear and excitement... I need to express how I feel into a painting.” (Sacrafox)

“Mmffmf M fmf fmmmfmf fmmfmmm mffm*” (Bluetigurr)

“Yea...” (Sexymolly23)





+++



STATUS:

PROFILE
NAME:KneekoLEVEL:157
GENDER:MaleMONEY:445G 37S 22C
RACE:Bolt Basilisk (Rare Variant)
MONSTER RANK:Medium
HEALTH:4800STAMINA:600MANA:6190
STRENGTH:1335(M)INTELLIGENCE:504 (+100)
SPEED:22DEXTERITY:18
(H)VITALITY:415 (+50)CHARM:40 (+40)
LUCK:19 (+40)AGILITY:19
RESISTANCE:125 (+50)(S)ENDURANCE:45
SKILL POINTS:0
FAME/INFAMY:-1700 (Mostly Evil)
CLASS:-------------------
TITLES:
Spoiler :
☑ Elemental Master
☑ King of the pond
☑ Toxic Powerhouse
☑ Tycoon
PASSIVE SKILLS:
Spoiler :
Amphibious (E)
Obscuro Poison (B)
Poison Resistance (A)
Viper Neurotoxin (A)
ACTIVE SKILLS:
Spoiler :
Basilisk Cry (D)
Deadly Breath ©
Death Stare (S)
Gardener touch (B)
Lightning Strike (E)
Lightning Discharge (E)
Luminar (E)
Poison Spit (D)
Sad puppy eyes (B)
Tail Whip  (B)
TerrorEyes (B)
Vines Hell (D)
Viper Bite ©
ARCANE LIBRARY:
Spoiler :
Arcane FireBall
Advertisement
Remove

Support "Cheating Monster"

About the author

Mickr4

  • Hemoglobin sommelier

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(47)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In