Myth Of Men

by

OldBegginings

Volume 2: Chapter 14: Grimer the Slime King part two.


A note from OldBegginings

OldBegginings:[Well it feels good to be back on schedule again. Sorry for constantly missing my deadline before, and thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy this chapter.]

Advertisement
Remove

*'Hiiro'*

 

I sprinted over to a group of three large slimes, leaping over smaller slimes and side-stepping splashes of yellow and green liquid as I quickly closed the distance. I swiped at one, somehow killing it in one attack as I move onto the other. The poison had worn off at this time, alleviating at least one cause of my rage.

After swiping at it like the last, this one didn't die, instead of becoming enraged and spammed splashes of the viscous yellow liquid from before. None of it hit me but I didn't track how much HP it gave me, nor did I look at the clearly faded glow on my sword. By the time my head finally cooled off, I noticed how dire my situation was.

My bind had ended, letting smaller slimes come straight towards me. I panicked, realizing I couldn't fight them all off. A few larger slimes were also uncomfortably close, forcing out dodges instead of attacks. Quickly realizing that I didn't have the ability to deal with this.

Opening my menu mid-fight, I dodged whilst desperately searching for options.

Before long, I yelled "Bind, Summon all!"

Twenty slimes were now trapped in my walls, as the fifty-odd mobs, I tamed spawned all around. I controlled them telepathically, thinking of my basic strategy before letting the AI take over, and it was really good at differentiating different roles of each mob-type.

I couldn't shake the feeling that my mobs were very different from when I got them, though. The apples were bigger and used skills to attack now, they still got killed in one shot, though. The hobgoblins also seemed stronger, each withstanding multiple attacks before completely dying. The archers seemed more accurate and killed a small slime in two hits. The others also seemed way stronger, killing one of the large slimes in only three hits.

'Did they scale somehow or what? I didn't even try training them,' I thought, scratching my head as I saw my mob wall devour the slimes.

The mimic didn't end up playing a part, but the twenty opponents quickly dissolved due to the others attack. I only lost two apples in the process.

This was all good, however, the part I found the best was that every attack they did, counted as my own. Which meant I got healed by it. My health was now about thirty thousand. I used this as a chance to attack the rest outside.

"Stop bind," I said, revealing the thirty odd slimes that were left.

My archers soon spread their shots out, throwing the status slimes backward in the middle of its jump. This gave the rest a chance to charge in, massacring the smaller slimes before they could bounce at us.

This had become a one-sided fight, as the once daunting slimes were torn apart with ease. Cocky, I managed to get one or two status slimes on my side, before the rest died by my side's sheer numbers.

Minutes later, five loud pings attacked my ears as I realized the fight was over this quickly. I guess taming was really a good idea with my lack of range and health.

Curious, I checked some of their levels. The hobgoblins I examined ranged from forty-six to level fifty, the apples, actually called Manchineels, ranged from twenty-nine to thirty and the mimic was level fifty-one.

"How the fuck!?" I shouted.

Echoes formed, as I soon heard another hoard incoming. This time only ten small slimes appeared. It took my ten archers half a minute to kill them all.

-

I proceeded with my mob based party, the exit wasn't in this large room which annoyed me. Half an hour of crawling through the same floor later, I suddenly got a ping showing a friend request from an 'Orokami01'.

My mobs were automatically dealing with every enemy that came my way, so boredom compelled me to open it whilst hunting for the exit.

Orokami01 has sent a friend request
Accept? Please say yes or no.

'Huh, could this be Shun? Better add him if that's the case,' I shrugged, soon saying "Yes" in confirmation. Another ping quickly followed, this time it was a private chat request.

"Is this Hiiro? It's Shun. Yeah, don't ask why I picked this name..." a familiar male voice said. The quality was iffy since he seemed to have lots of people on his side. But I could tell it was definitely Shun.

"Yeah, it's me Shun. So why the sudden request?" I replied.

"Oh, right. I joined a group recently and we're thinking of doing our first dungeon, but... w-we don't have a healer or much money, so could I ask you to join us?" Shun requested.

"How many people?" I threw in another question, knowing my healing ability was limited.

"Oh, me and three others. We've been told six is a good number and we do have a guild we can rely on, but they won't lend us a healer since they only have one themselves," he explained.

"Okay, seems like good advice. Well, I have one more question. Can you wait?" I asked, trying to finalize the deal if necessary.

"W-why am I bothering you?" Shun asked, his voice becoming shaky.

"I'm in a dungeon right now. Don't worry, I'm getting bored of walking around so thanks for making it slightly more interesting. I don't mind doing it, but I'd like to complete this dungeon first. If you don't mind that, I'll be sure to join you after that." I explained, trying to calm him down in the process.

Unlawfully taken from Royal Road, this story should be reported if seen on Amazon.

"W-well, we were planning to do some training anyway. Any idea how long it will take?"

"Nope, I'd gather an hour or two. It's a pretty high-level dungeon anyway. Well, I'll try to rush through it whenever I find this goddamn exit, so see you then," I stated, swiftly turning the call off as I started to dash off.

-

I started to sprint, going through the majority of the corridors before finally finding the exit to the level twenty minutes later. All of the enemies I bumped into gave me another three levels, and four status slimes to add to my collection.

Despawning all of my mobs, I continued down the staircase at a gradual pace. At the bottom, a similar circular room greeted me. It was completed by a similar podium and red carpet that led towards the next set of steps on the opposite side of the room. But this time three chests lied on top.

Knowing the chances of mimics, I switched to the Mimic Staff. Doing so caused all of the mimics to bite simultaneously. And yes, I do mean 'all' and not 'both'. I gave a round of applause to the dick to made this room before massacring the mimics by throwing a torch and both of my swords at them.

With the room cleared, I grabbed a nearby torch, picked up my swords and climbed down the staircase clearly cautious. Noticing the warm, orange glow at the bottom, I threw the torch away.

-

'Well, this is new. No need to examine these then,' I thought, seeing the orange slimes bouncing in and out of the magma that flowed was enough information for me. Fire check.

The room was very open, streams of this magma separated the different paths of walkable stone, fumes from them created a small fog-like dimness which very slightly obstructed my vision. I found the ending wall very blurry but could tell there was a room on the opposite side.

The room itself was wide and seemed long. The ceiling having, even more, slimes clinging from its stalactites, waiting to pounce if I made the wrong move.

I stepped out of the small alcove, attempting to gauge how many there were. Immediately blocked off by an army of . I clenched my fists, knowing that this would quickly become a hassle.

I decided to flee towards the other exit, seeing as how the orange swarm was ridiculously slow moving. I sped off towards the front, clearing a line of slimes and streams of magma with impressive large jumps.

I treated dodging the magma a priority. Soon finding the slimes annoying too, as more popped out of nowhere before me.

About half way through the room, the distances between the paths became insane. Even with my ludicrous speed, I barely made most of them. One slime managed to hit my foot with a well-timed jump, almost causing me to fall into the scalding liquid. Others tried, some barely missing as I somehow maintained my constant sprint.

Near the end there were some jumps I knew I couldn't make, so had to make a detour whilst their numbers amassed. At the final jump, a wall of slimes quickly submerged themselves, splashing waves of magma that seemed impossible to cross, forcing me to go even further around.

I finally got to the exit, meeting ten slimes who refused to budge. I neared them and hopped, which caused them to bounce upwards. Using this chance, I jumped over them in the delay, darting down the thin tunnel they were fortunately too fat to follow me down.

-

At the bottom was another similar circular room. One chest stood on a podium in the middle, a similar red carpet highlighting it compared to the surroundings.

But this room was different in two ways: One, there was no exit. Two, the massive blue ball hanging from the ceiling. Knowing the inevitable trap, I stepped towards the podium. Managing to mount it before a large whoosh came from above me.

I leaped back, summoning all of my forces as I saw the crown above the massive blue ball.

"Eh?" I mumbled as the fight barely began.

Mob_Name Grimer The Slime King
Species Slime: Unique Level 80
HP 7433/8000
Skills Bounce, Roll, Divide, Combine, Collapse
Do you wish to view further details?
Say 'Yes' for further details, say 'No' to exit.

"No," I said, seeing the king starting his attack.

My melee mobs had already reached him on top of the podium, the archers getting lots of shots off before I had the chance to look at its health. For a while, it seemed to not make any actions and we went all out. A minute later, though, this came back to haunt me.

Abruptly, the king became coated bubble-like bumps, each bump tore itself from the main body, leaving sixteen smaller slimes in the King's place. They bounced around madly, killing a couple of my hobgoblins with one hit. I bound a few of them, but they broke out of it before anything really happened. Then I too became surrounded by the mess of blue slimes. Barely dodging the barrage of slimes as I tried to connect some hits of my own.

After a while, I noticed that my status slimes were getting a lot of damage on the slimes by spreading their paralyzing and poisonous gloop. They covered half of the podium with both types with a permanent coating, causing the enemies to get poisoned and stunned indefinitely. My mobs also were immune to this, so finished off five or more of the slimes.

Three hours ticked by before only six parts remained, they combined, creating a Slime King about half the size of the one before.

"Eh?" I repeated, seeing that its health was now five thousand.

It bounced, creating an earthquake on its return. Whilst I removed my mobs from the field posthaste, parts of the roof collapsed crushing me and its self in a suicidal move. I tried to dodge the debris, but the area above me was too big for me to effectively dodge.

-

I screamed in agony as I crawled from beneath the rock that almost killed me. I had less than one hundred health left and my mobs and I had glowing weapons. I didn't manage to close the window in that chaos, and looking at the updated boss HP was less than two thousand, my confidence grew.

I summoned my mobs once again, promptly seeing the largest piece of debris being thrown against a far away wall with the Slime King lurking from under it.

'So that's how it lost so much HP... Well, this is it. One hit I'm dead. You know, fuck letting myself die this far into the fight,' I told myself, attempting to fill myself with motivation as the final part of the fight commenced.

The terrain was now rough, with most of the status gloop flowing between the gaps in the rocks. Regardless, two of the slimes got hit by paralysis, soon poisoned. The other two scattered around the room, effectively thrown off by the archers and hob-goblins without me getting hit once. To be honest, it was mainly by pure luck that this happened.

Guarded effectively by the gloop surrounding me, my health gradually rose to over one thousand five hundred when the two paralyzed parts finally died after another hour of fighting.

I started to realize how cheap status effects really were, as the battle reached its conclusion. The king combined again, with three hundred health remaining. It sped up, fully raged as it attacked anything it could. All the archers now missed, and even I couldn't keep track of it for long.

It sniped my most of my hobgoblins without needing to touch the floor and soon started aiming for me.

Now ducking, the status slimes started to periodically to splash both oozes above me trying to hit the cowardly king. Both colours hit him, completely coating him in a greenish yellow.

I sighed as my remaining forces devoured the last of his health and gave it to me. I laughed, loving the thrill that came from a slime dungeon. Levels had a lot to do with it and by all accounts, I should've lost. But, with the twelve pings bursting my ears, I had shockingly come out as the victor.

An exit opened up in one of the walls. I checked my loot, being two paralyzing potions, one vile of poison and Grimer's Cape, before leaving for the surface.

Advertisement
Remove

About the author

OldBegginings

  • Apathy Incarnate.

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(0)
Log in to comment
Log In