Advertisement
Remove
!!!!! Pr Credits To Draconis Von BloodTrap &  Dragonofsomesort  Who Constantly Help With SR chapters, Please take the time to rep them for their work :)


This Chapter is Sponsored by Owen Edwards, Michael Muldoon. Thank you for supporting SR!!

Chapter 125 here, i went over it a little and checked to see if i needed to space anything or reword sentences i felt were a little cheesy/dumb. i hope you all enjoy this chapter, next release will be this wednesday, hopefully my shoulder will be fine so i wont need to take a break ~_~

thanks again to all my readers for supporting spectral regalia, right now the biggest help so far is for not only my sponsors but for people sharing this story to others, im thankful for those who put this story on wattpad and other sites because it brings new people, im not a greedy author and i enjoy seeing new people pm me saying a friend recommended it to them, so this Wednesday im going to spoil you guys a bit more, im planning a an illustration poll to ask you all what 3 charecters/objects you want drawn next.


------------

This was another reason Syrana and Myra couldn’t be underestimated. Because their Sigil weapons come from one source, their abilities complement each other’s, meaning they work perfectly together.

A section of the thorns around Orochi weakened and withered under Myra’s command. This was because the section was the direction the Dragon Slayer slash collided against. She did this so the attack would stay at full power. A deep, disgruntled voice echoed from within the sphere as the wave of energy collided against Orochi from within. “Bugs.....is this all you have?!”
Orochi’s body began to glow a deep, poison-like green before it pulsed out. The pulse of energy not only broke the vines, but it also dispersed Giron’s attack.

The pulse smashed down against the three Sigil wielders, blowing them back somewhat and even smashing the tops of some buildings before it dispersed. Orochi was soon revealed with a few scratches and marks. His right shoulder had a small gash from Giron’s attack. It seemed he was testing himself against the attack Giron had used.

Above Seleria, within the palace the gods use as their home, not only Septim and Zephiron, but the other gods Nefria, Ishana, Lenaya, Gravuna, Tialoc and Mallauku, each with the appearance nearly identical to their respective created races, other than Gravuna, who seemed much more harpy and human-like than the ugly look of her Avian race. Of course, their appearances were not the only requisite parts about them. They wore clothing that radiated power, but this power was not at all as much as the aura of mana that seeped out from them.

They were all gazing down at a pool of water that seemed to be as reflective as a mirror. The water rippled only very faintly, but the scene that played out within was Orochi’s battle with the Sigil wielders. “Hmph… That nine headed monstrosity sure is a buffoon. A new deity could have easily defeated the Sigil wielders of the races without breaking a sweat.” The brutish voice was from Mallaku, the god who had created the beast tribe. One could see he didn’t take fancy to Orochi taking his time in combat.

“You still haven’t formed an ounce of strategy over these millenias of living. This creature is obviously enjoying himself and testing how far these pests can go.” This was none other than Zephiron, who enjoyed taunting Mallaku greatly. But Mallaku, who had long, gritty red hair and a muscular body that seemed almost rock-like, stood up and clenched his fists. “Do you never know when to shut your mouth you vile cretin!” Mallaku was not fond of Zephiron.

“Brother, stop provoking him. And Mallaku, you need to calm yourself.” A sweet voice belonging to a female who wore a simple white dress adorned over her body that did well to hide her fair curves spoke out. Appearance wise, one would see she was more so just a bit above average, but the charm she radiated made up for it. This was Septim’s wife and Zephiron’s sister, as well as creator of the Celestial race, Nefria.

(A.N for those of you who forgot, the Celestial race are the angels, it's an ancient name that few still remember)

“Sister, you seem to be taking this easily. After disagreeing with your husband and me over this matter, you seem quite calm.” Zephiron spoke curiously in regards to the battle. Nefria glanced over at him and closed her eyes for a moment before speaking. “In the end, we were sent to this planet to experiment and collect specimens for King Lestyn. My husband reminded me of the task, so I no longer have any qualms with your plan.”

Hearing her talk, Septim cleared his throat and then glanced over at Ishana. “How many Enigma users have we collected so far?“ Ishana wore a red cloak made from a strange material definetly not found on Seleria. She had brown hair that was shoulder length, and her most distinguishing feature would be the two strange gems embedded on each of her cheeks, one blue and one green, Her complexion was nearly jade-like, but she was a bit more appealing than Nefria in appearance.

“Over the establishment of this planet and the seeds of life King Lestyn had given us, twenty-three, the most recent being a female we discovered with the ability to see any form of mana. Of course, information in regards to how effective it would be against deities is insufficient, as she was placed in light stasis after being acquired to preserve her.

Septim’s eyebrows furrowed a little before he frowned. “We are still short of the fifty requirement. If things go well, we should be able to complete our task within one-hundred years. If not, then we will be pushed back several hundred! Gravuna, are you sure you have found all the current Enigma users?”

Septim couldn’t help but stress the time frame in regards to finding Enigma users. Gravuna, of course, who herself was an aged woman with wrinkles and a sort of chubby figure with untied grey hair, wearing a large blue robe no less in quality to Ishana’s. “Of course! The reason I was sent with you lot was because of my race’s ability! On this planet, no Engima user can hope to escape. The only troublesome one was that alchemist several hundred years back, but he to failed to elude us.

“Very well. Lenaya, the remaining seeds of life King Lestyn has given us need to be prepared just incase we need a fallout plan. We will be relying on you to clean up the mess should we need to recycle things.”

A small girl a little bigger then Myra and wearing a green dress with flowers and vines spread around it that pulsed softly glanced over at Septim with a smile. Her long, curly brown hair seemed to not be tended to, but still seemed to shine with radiance. Her emerald eyes also gave off a playful feeling. “Don’t worry Mr. Septim, I got this!” Her young, sweet voice sounded out.

“When things are handled, I want to personally kill Orochi.” The voice that spoke seemed to carry a violent air. An individual adorned in a blue jerkin with several silver-like plates that seemed more liquid like than metal looked at Septim. His eyes were red from anger. One could see he was holding a heavy grudge. This was the creator of the sea tribe, the god Tialoc. Glancing over at him, Septim sighed slightly. “Very well. When all is done, Orochi will be yours to do as you please with. Right now, though, like we discussed, none of us is to interfere.”

Suddenly, Mallaku called out in a bored tone as he scratched his inner ear. “Remind me again why we are letting this nine headed idiot kill?” Zephiron frowned a little as Mallaku spoke. He then replied in an intelligent tone. “Because, after carefully analysing the situation and where the Enigma users were located, I have all but concluded that each one was born in an area where tensions and catastrophe was high. The other is that their parents met great hardships. I’m not absolutely sure, but this is what I have discovered.”

Ishana’s eyes narrowed as she heard Zephiron speak. “Although you carefully analysed the situation, if this were the case, then Enigma users would not be so rare. The only reason King Lestyn has taken an interest in this solar system is because of a premonition he had while meditating. No doubt there are forces at work we don’t understand yet, which is why I’m still concluding that this plan of his is foolish and a waste.”

Zephiron glared at Ishana, who glared back. Septim frowned and called out. “Enough, the both of you. In the end, none of us want to remain here longer than needed. This is the only potential lead we have. We should be thankful that we have discovered so many to begin with. Thankfully, we are under King Lestyn’s protection, and none of the other major Powers know of this.”

Septim seemed adamant in Zephiron’s plan, as if he wanted to end this situation quickly and leave. While the gods talked, Orochi, who had been taking the attacks of the three Sigil wielders, finally made a move.

“Do you realise now? All you bugs can do is scratch my itches. The level I am on is unfathomable to you. Let me show you!”

Orochi’s nature affinity head suddenly turned to face Giron before its eyes began to glow a deep green. Giron, who was on the ground panting from having used a lot of mana, suddenly felt it tremble. Within moments, large vines shot up, entangling his limbs. Giron roared out as he tried to break free, but found it was of no use.

“Free me, you cursed creature!!!” Giron roared out. Orochi simply snickered before replying. “Oh don’t worry, your fate isn’t death, but something much more useful. Become sustenance for me!” The vines entangling Giron suddenly began to glow a metallic green before Giron roared out in pain. He felt the mana within his body drain out, and within moments, his body was limp, as he had blacked out.  A green and red fruit soon sprouted from the vine before Orochi’s large figure landed on the ground, causing the nearby buildings to crumble and the ground to shake.

While Myra and Syrana, who also seemed exhausted, watched with amazement and shock, Orochi reached down with his left claw and picked the small fruit before placing it into his mouth and swallowing it whole. “Such a delicacy… It will take five years to digest this, but the more I eat the more that adds up to.” Orochi chuckled before gazing at the two Sylphs who watched with caution and fear.

“Keeping you all alive to gather mana that is used to form Arcane Fruit is truly useful.” Orochi then laughed before Myra roared in anger. “You damned dragon! You even dare use forbidden magic looked down upon by the gods!!” Myra felt anger not because of what he did to Giron, but because the magic he used was one that was quite ancient and had been destroyed.

If someone had gotten ahold of it, then it would be disastrous. Even then, the amount of mana needed to form one fruit would cause catastrophes. She also knew that if Orochi used Sigil wielders then he wouldn’t need to kill thousands for this.

Orochi chuckled before reaching over and grabbing Ursa from the grasp of the weakened Giron. As he was about to place it in his mouth, a large wind surged by him before a cut appeared over his scaled fingers. He roared in pain as he looked around before gazing up to see the winged matriarch Skrawl with a small dagger that seemed to radiate wind affinity mana. The dagger’s edge was incredibly thin, and the wind that touched it seemed to howl in pain.

“”Squawk!”” The Avian sounded out before looking pleased. Orochi turned to look down and saw that Ursa was missing. He gazed around before spotting Abbadon, who glanced a little nervously at him as he wielded the greatsword Twilight in one hand and Ursa in the other.

“You....how dare you steal a meal from me...” Orochi seemed quite irritated. Abbadon raised Twilight before slashing downwards. He was no longer holding back. The wave of light was even stronger than Ursa. Abbadon's Sigil weapon was one that was complete, after all. As the wave of black light shot and cleaved across the ground towards him, Orochi roared in anger before rushing over towards it.

The story has been stolen; if detected on Amazon, report the violation.


His right claw suddenly surged with mana before he swiped at Abbadon’s attack, dispersing it with ease. This action caused the other Sigil wielders to look stunned. Abbadon frowned before he jumped in the air, his wings expanding before he began to fly away as if to buy time for the others. He also called out: “Skrawl, go for the back of his necks! Only your Metaris can cut through him easily!” He spoke, referring to the dagger Sigil weapon Skrawl wielded.

While they were engaging in combat, near the outer edge of the city, millions of people were flooding out in every direction that wasn’t toward Orochi beside King Leo, who stood watch on the walls of the city with his sister on one side and a Grandmaster on the other.

“Your Majesty....” The Grandmaster spoke as he looked behind to see the battle taking place near the center of the city. “At this rate, I am not sure if we can evacuate everyone in time. It seems our great city will crumble...” The Grandmaster spoke with a sad yet frightened look. Leo didn’t utter a word. It was only when his sister, the only human level Sage, spoke that he turned to look. “Brother. Our people are counting on us, we need you to strategize!”

Hearing her words, Leo clenched his teeth and was about to speak, but a heavy feeling engulfed him and the other two. In moments, two swords stabbed directly towards them. Leo was quick to act, as one had slipped by him and beheaded the Grandmaster, whose headless corpse collapsed, while the other was broken apart by Caliburn with a bit of effort. “Who…?” Leo spoke, but soon felt his eyes widen as a figure casually made its way from the stairway that led up to the city walls.

“How long have I waited....and it seems you’re ready for the taking....” The figure spoke before he was finally revealed in the sunlight. This was Azrael, referring to Leo who was missing an arm. Leo felt his heart skip a beat before he glanced at his sister and spoke. “Split up our people, send some to the Northern continent and some to the Southern continent.

This way we will have a better chance at survival if one side is destroyed. The other will have time to prepare and flee.” Leo’s voice was firm and carried the tone of a ruler. His sister glanced at him before looking at Azrael. “Brother....” She spoke, but couldn’t continue, as Leo’s mana surged out and he roared: “GO!” With fear creeping up on his sister, she dashed away with the strength of a Sage. Leo then turned to look at Azrael.

“Look at the misery you caused my race… Your actions have destroyed the sea tribe, and now you’re holding onto a grudge to rule the world again?” Leo spoke with a frown. Of course. Azrael held a maddened look as he spoke out. “Rule the world? Again? Are you out of your mind....YOU MURDERED MY WIFE!!!”

Azrael’s dark affinity mana surged like a torrent, engulfing Leo, who felt his body quiver. Not only was Azrael’s base strength equal to Abbadon’s, but with his full Sigil weapon and Leo’s half one, he was truly no match. “What are you talking about!?” Leo shouted. But before he could continue, Azrael’s face twisted before he spoke.

“Chaos Scorn...” His voice seemed to light up before a black sphere of light formed above them. Hundreds of dark affinity needles shot towards Leo like a fully loaded machine gun. Leo clenched his teeth before he raised Caliburn and began to block and deflect as many as he could. “-Preposterous! With Aegis, I could have easily taken this!! But each one is enough to pierce me with ease, I can’t--” He couldn’t finish his thought before a sharp pain was felt on his knee. The distraction also caused him to slouch a bit and allowed several more pains to be felt around his body.

Leo’s body trembled as he kicked back, leaving a trail of blood, but avoiding the attack. Of course, the large sphere of black light was much smaller now that it had used the attack and wasted mana. “Done already?.. I don’t know who I have to thank for putting you in such an easy to kill state...but none of that matters now.... I have waited hundreds of years for this.....but my focus will be Abbadon… You can die now.”

Azrael began an incantation. Leo, of course, clenched his teeth, knowing it would be bad if he gave Azrael time. In the end, he was in a very bad position. He rushed over towards Azrael, roaring in anger. “DIE!!” Though before Leo could get too close, the black sphere of light shot towards him before exploding. The city walls trembled and crumbled a bit and Leo was blown back with burn marks more injuries. He glanced over towards Azrael, who looked back. The difference being Azrael was no longer in incantation. Leo glanced above Azrael as he felt a large surge of mana.

“You really think Orochi...is going to let you live...?” Leo spoke softly, knowing that without Aegis he was nothing. Azrael raised his hand, causing the large patch of distorted space to ripple before black sparks began to gather around. “I don’t know....but as long as Abbadon follows you to Hell, then I have no regrets...”

Leo smirked before glancing at Azrael. Leo then surged his mana as he pointed Caliburn towards the black, distorted patch in the sky. At the same time, from the patch, a large, jagged lightning bolt shot down, causing the air to split. This was a God level spell, and one of Void’s strongest, Spatial Lightning. It used mana to weaken a small patch of space that allowed one to direct the Spatial Lightning within that tear to shoot down. Of course, he could only do this with the weakest of Spatial Lightning, as it was all he could handle.

“Lion’s Thrust!” Leo roared with the will of a warrior before he surged all his mana to Caliburn and thrusted towards the lightning bolt with all his strength. It sent a beam of orange light towards the lightning bolt. The attacks even attracted the attention of the other Sigil wielders and Orochi, who stopped for a moment to see what was going on.

The Spatial Lightning collided with Leo’s attack, struggling only for a moment, before smashing down and dispersing it. It soon engulfed Leo, who was now seen as a black silhouette inside the blinding light of the lightning. But that silhouette slowly began to disappear.

The lightning’s attack was mainly piercing strength, so when it shot against the wall it caused it tremble a bit before it soon dissipated to reveal that not only was Leo gone, but a hole that lead down into the wall and several hundred meters into the ground had been scorched and pierced as well.

With Leo not in sight, Azrael felt his heart ease up, as if half the weight had been removed. This signalled that a second Sigil wielder, the human king Leo Zircus, had been killed. Beside the hole was a dirtied sword. This was Caliburn, all that remained of Leo.

“One down....” Azrael spoke out before glaring over in the distance towards an individual that was hovering in the air and glaring back. This was Abbadon, who had a sour look. Because his attention was taken away for a moment, Orochi inwardly snickered before he spun in a 360 degree motion, his tail swinging like a whip before smashing towards Abbadon, who quickly gasped and raised both the Sigil weapons he held to block.

Though it was barely enough, as he was hit away like a comet piercing into the remaining buildings and then back outside onto the abandoned streets like a ragdoll. Moments passed before he weakly got up, covered in bloody wounds. “Not good.... He is toying with us… He is too strong...” Abbadon could clearly tell Orochi was holding back.

The ground trembled as Orochi’s large figure began to casually walk towards Abbadon. Dozens of mana arrows from Syrana’s warbow Eclipse were barraging the creature, and Skrawl, who attacked the backs of his necks. Myra even used draining magic, but all it did was scratch Orochi, no longer even damaging him. This was because Orochi’s body was now covered in a thin coat of mana. His light affinity head was glowing as he channeled this, and it allowed him to ignore the weak attacks the Sigil wielders shot at him.

“Abbadon, several hundred years ago, I stole the Sigil enhancements your angels were delivering. To think me being trapped would give me enough time to break through to the level of a God. Soon, not even this planet will be able to hold me.”

Abbadon stood up weakly as he clenched his teeth and glanced over at Orochi. “You cursed creature.... The gods will surely smite you where you stand.” He wasn’t sure what to do. He had no doubt that even though Orochi was large, he could easily catch up to him. “Smite me? Very well. MIGHTY GODS!!! I AM WAITING FOR YOU TO SMITE ME!!”

Orochi’s heads all gazed up as he and Abbadon remained quiet, even as he was continuously attacked by the other three Sigil wielders. “Hmm? It looks like your gods have abandoned you. But it’s fine. Like I did with that beast fool, you’re not going to die. You’ll become sustenance. It truly would be a shame to kill someone who can feed me for ages to come!”

Orochi’s nature affinity head suddenly began to glow before the same thorns that engulfed Giron soon engulfed Abbadon. Though at this point, Azrael also saw Abbadon was captured and landed nearby. “Abbadon...” Azrael walked over, nearing the glaring angel while wielding Leo’s Caliburn in his left hand. “Azrael...you...look at what you have done… You have cursed the world to doom!” Abbadon struggled as his eyes held anger towards Azrael.

Azrael clenched his teeth. “You brought this upon yourselves!!! You started this war the moment you killed my wife, and now you have to deal with the consequences.” Abbadon’s eyes widened before he spoke out. “You fool!!! That’s what this is about? All these years, that was that reason!!?! Killed your wife? We didn’t-”

The vines suddenly began to glow as Abbadon roared in pain. His mana was all absorbed into the vine before a fruit somewhat larger than Giron’s formed, identical in color. Orochi frowned as he plucked it. “Too much talk.” The dragon casually spoke as he swallowed the fruit whole.

Azrael, of course, didn’t pay much attention to this. He was too filled with the desire for revenge. He raised Caliburn and thrust it towards Abbadon’s chest, but before he could a white shield of light engulfed Abbadon. “Huh?...” Azrael spoke before glancing at Orochi to see it was he who had saved Abbadon.

“What do you think you’re doing!?! We had a deal!!” Azrael angrily shouted. Though Orochi simply glanced with disdain as he retrieved Twilight and Ursa from Abbadon’s unconscious body.

“Deal?... Abbadon will be facing a fate worse than death, I can assure you that. I’m keeping my part of the deal. Speaking of which, we should be even now.”

Azrael clenched his teeth as his eyes reddened with anger. “Orochi...you.... Is this how you are planning to handle things!! The deal was that he and Leo would perish. I have already killed Leo, and now Abbadon is all that remains!! How can my wife’s spirit rest if he still breathes!!”

One could see Azrael clearly held a passion in taking revenge. Orochi was no longer being attacked by the three Sigil wielders, who watched with caution, and were contemplating how to handle things.

“Your wife’s spirit? What care do I have for that crap! Because you killed Leo and freed me, which I am thankful for i will give you a choice, leave your Sigil weapon and the human’s Sigil weapon then piss off. Otherwise, you will also end up as fertilizer.”


---------------

Reminder, 126 is the end of volume 4.

Avrin's Inner Workings Status
Beginner Control ParticlesType 960%
Beginner ParticlesType 920%
Skymetal WeaponsAstaroth-ScytheLimos-Vajra
Advertisement
Remove

Support "Spectral Regalia"

About the author

Zephon

  • Australia.
  • Penguin Cliffhanger

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(48)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In