Advertisement
Remove
Hey guys chs are back ^^ ch 16 is also bieng released so look forward to it after this. dont forget to vote and rate as it helps me alot to improve :) in the meantime enjoy ch 15

--------------------

Avrin blinked a few times before gazing at the elegant female who obviously had the spirit of a ferocious beast based on her threat. Avrin was a little confused but, judging by the elf and fairy who gazed at her worriedly, she seemed as important as them both. "Uhh, do I know you? Can’t say I’ve met anyone like you before. Perhaps an admirer of mine?" he teased, wanting to see how the female who wanted his head would react.

On his half, it probably wasn’t a good idea. Judging from the reaction of the other two he talked with, she most likely was capable of attacking or even killing him.

"You perverted bastard." Syranna glared, raising a fist, veins popping across her forehead. Although she was still as beautiful as a flower when angry, it was a frightening sight. She took a step forward and started banging against the Etilith shield.

Avrin took a step back and shivered slightly. "Are all elfin females this atrociously violent?" he teased again. His words seemed to break the last delicate straw and Syranna took eclipse off her back in a quick movement. Myra and Surven jumped at her, trying to restrain her while Myra shot a glare at Avrin, warning him to stop.

It took a few minutes for Syranna to calm down. She leaned against the cold cobble-like wall with one foot against the surface of it and her arms firmly planted under a large bust that would make any male shiver with excitement. Her athletic legs fit tightly under leather pants crisscrossed with several blade-holding straps. If Avrin was to put it into words, he would have said she was a unique sort of beauty – a rose with more than the usual thorns.

Myra dusted her hands off and gazed at Avrin, pouting in annoyance. "Please don’t anger her!! I won’t be able to guarantee your safety next time." Avrin gazed at the small fairy, then at Syranna who grunted and looked away as he disgusted her. "Sorry about that. I was just curious. By the way, I’m guessing she’s Syranna?"

Myra nodded happily, glad Avrin caught on fast. "Yes. Elfin Maiden Syranna. I am the voice of our people, while she is the strength." Myra spoke soundly and it put Avrin's thoughts to rest. It turned out he was right regarding his speculation of their ranks being equal.

Avrin was still curious, though. "By the way, why does she hate me so much? I can’t recall doing anything to her."

Myra thought that surely he remembered the fight. How could he forget about being near death? Syranna clenched her fists and spoke. "Geez Myra, this guy is stupid. Maybe I messed up something in his head when I tore that hole through his left side." She grinned as if she knew she was capable of defeating him.

"Ah, so you’re the one who nearly killed me. Didn’t do a very good job at it, did you?" Avrin chuckled. Syranna looked livid and shot him a glare, inciting Myra to step between the two. It was somewhat cute, considering her size.

"If you would like I can finish the job,” Syranna bared her teeth at Avrin, who smiled at how easy it was to rile her.

Avrin looked away, dismissing her with a wave of his hand. "No need. I’m smart enough to admit you’re capable of defeating me when I’m exhausted." He was making a point to let her know the same wouldn’t be true when he was fully rested. She clicked her tongue and looked away. "By the way, there was a leophat that had a black arm. Where is he? Did he survive?"

Myra raised a brow as Syranna had indeed notified her of the existence of the creature with a demonic arm and the same sort of energy within its body. "Why do you care if it lived or died? Didn’t you massacre its tribe and then deform its body?”

Avrin didn’t speak; he just huffed and stretched, trying to think how to explain himself. "I couldn’t help it after all. I admit that it’s my fault the others attacked the creature because of my little experiment. I figured I’d help the creature out by killing the ones who turned on him."

Myra sighed. It seemed this being had no sense of order and did whatever he pleased. Unfortunate, though it was. Syranna was annoyed. "So you think you can freely torture creatures and then make it up to them by murdering their attacker's without a care?" Avrin's careless actions obviously were making her blood boil.

Stolen content warning: this content belongs on Royal Road. Report any occurrences.


"Well I guess my curiosity got the best of me. I suppose it’s something I retain from my past world – err experiences." Myra, being the more intelligent one, had clearly guessed that something about Avrin was off. She seemed to know he was hiding a secret. "Please don’t lecture me as if you are familiar with me,” he continued. “It was all done for survival. That is my top priority."


Syranna walked over to the shield and placed a hand against it, giving him a deep gaze. “Your own survival? You may think the creatures in the forest are the monsters but the only one here I know of is you. Even as you lay near death you devoured the land."

Avrin smirked and moved closer to the shield, right where her hand pressed against. “And I’ll be damned if I let myself die again." This was a vital clue that Myra picked up on. Judging by those words, it seemed he had experienced death once before, perhaps he was even more special she’d thought.

Were his experiences in death so disastrous that it had warped his mind? Then again, could his words be trusted? Syranna glared "Even if your deeds were somewhat meant for good towards that one leophat, you sealed its fate. I had to make sure of that."

Avrin's eyes widened slightly. "What did you say?"

Syranna tilted her head and smirked "I said...that leophat was not going to live a normal life with that corrupted arm. I had to take care of it."

Avrin's eyes turned a deep blue and he placed his hand against the shield in an impulse of anger. The dark matter erupted from him and spread across the etilith shield, turning it purple and black. It wobbled slightly.

Syranna quickly backed away and removed her bow as Avrin spoke. "If you wasted the life I put myself at risk to protect, I’ll personally destroy you." Syranna couldn’t help but shiver at the being’s threats, even though she had dealt with him once before. Doubt was running through her mind now, though. Was he stronger when he was at his peak? Would she be able to deal with him?

But it was all an act. Avrin’s body hadn’t fully healed. The pain, as if a knife was being slit across his organs, was unimaginably horrid. Still, he pressed against the shield and the blacked part began to stretch with ease the longer he touched it. Finally, he stepped back and panted quietly, glaring at her. The shield healed instantly in the part where the dark matter had weakened it.

Myra let out a sigh of relief before gazing at Avrin and Syranna "Please – enough of this!"

Syranna spit on the ground. "Don’t worry – I’m going." She walked off without so much as a backward glance.

Avrin banged on the field, clutching his chest. "IF YOU HURT IT YOU’RE DEAD!" he yelled in vain as Syranna vanished, leaving only the stunned Surven and the quiet Myra, who was even more worried than before at this being’s ability to weaken the shield so easily.

"Avrin, please do not try anything like that again. I made a promise to deal with you should you pose a threat. I have broken that promise many times already by letting you do as you pleased."

Avrin turned to face Myra. "Then let me go. You may think I’m violent but I’ll make a deal to never enter this forest again if you show me the way out." Avrin wanted to exit this forest, already understanding it was more dangerous here than in the open. Besides, he would also be free – killing two birds with one stone. Then he frowned at the priestess’s answer.

"I’m sorry Avrin, but you pose a great threat with your enigma Level magic. I can’t let you out of here until I am sure you are not evil."

Avrin's pain seemed to vanish only to be replaced with anger – a burning pit of white hot rage in his gut. He clenched his fists.  “If you think I’m going to stay here like some caged animal just to satisfy your agenda of peace, then you are mistaken. Very, very mistaken.”

---

Advertisement
Remove

Support "Spectral Regalia"

About the author

Zephon

  • Australia.
  • Penguin Cliffhanger

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(26)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In