Advertisement
Remove

Chapter 53: Blacked Out

Amphere Harrison

Three hours ago…

I left Rudolf and Kyrie to chase someone I know. That apparition…it can’t be. It is really the Black Phantom! But how? Who? Did Dragunov give some spare costume to someone else? But there’s something weird about that man…

I ran through the empty highway and found the masquerade waiting for me. It is as though it’s his plan to lure me here in this particular place. I ignored my spider-sense and tried to be courageous as possible and took a step forward.

“Alder…Is that you?” I had my voice slightly shaky. The way he gaze at me with his amber eyes, his posture, and the way he sheaths his golden rapier. I was ninety-nine percent that he was Alder Windstrafe; the original Black Phantom.

The Black Phantom opened and closed his mouth as if he’s chewing or biting something. He’s certainly telling something to me but I can’t understand anything! I shifted my focus on her left hand, which appears to be holding some disgusting flesh that has been pulsing. It took me whole three seconds that it was definitely a heart!

I scanned his body and then realized that the Black Phantom suit he’s wearing has been covered by blood. His skin is pale and rotten. And there is a big hole on his chest. It was definitely Alder, in zombie form! Is he revived by some evil sorceress or something?

“Surprised?” Cold ran down on my spine as I heard that voice. When I turned around, I saw Kyle Leviticus face. He revealed a needle about the size of a chili pepper and then stabbed it on the right part of my neck. There was no pain, but my vision became woozy in just a matter of a split second. That needle must be drugged…

My head gave off pain similar to a hangover. And then I blacked out.

When I woke up, I was already in an open field, in an abandoned expressway.  I scanned myself, and got me wondering how did I get myself into the Black Phantom’s costume? Did Kyle forced me to wear this getup? Why so? I don’t know. All I need to do is to get out of here. I need to rejoin Rudolf’s group. There are buildings one hundred meters away from here. Those might give me a better view of the scenario.

Because of the roofy Kyle injected to me, my eyes are a bit dizzy, which made each and every step I make on a slow-mo. I realized that I don’t have my sword in me anymore, so I have to hurry and get some cover. This situation makes me vulnerable.

There was a swish of the wind, and when I realized it, my chest exploded! I never felt the pain, maybe because of the anesthetic effect of the drug. I just fell on the floor, with my blood pouring out. My vision blacked out again, but my ears are still operational.

I heard Rudolf’s voice shouting. Another burst and explosion. And then I heard bodies fall in this dry asphalt. Then I lost consciousness again.

The next time I know it, I was already in a completely white room. Several nurses are there who are checking my vitals. The beeping sound of the heart rate monitor irritated me. One of the nurses checked my eyesight using a flashlight. There was a clock which revealed the current time. It still dawn, means that I passed out for just an hour. My head still hurts, and there is a burning painful sensation on my chest. At this rate, I would never be able to go back to the battlefield.

This story has been stolen from Royal Road. If you read it on Amazon, please report it

I closed my eyes and got back to sleep. I’ve been blacking out three times in just a matter of three hours, and I hate it. But then, I dreamt that I was in a place I have never been able to see before.

I was…outside in an ancient abandoned church. There are vines crawling everywhere on its maroon bricks. Between the gaps of the autumn trees, a ray of light shoves on my face. There was a strong gust of wind somewhere that made some of the leaves dance in the whirlwind.

In front of me is a woman, about twenty five years of age. Her silver hair danced as the wind goes on. She was wearing a white daring kimono. What make her a lot different from any other creature are her crimson eyes with black sclera. She’s the lady who has been appearing before me every time I get that unbelievable power.

“Boy has cheated death and came to my sanctuary.” The lady said. “And you are here for help.”

“Who are you?” I asked. “Why are you helping me?”

“The boy is not ready yet for some answers. Boy must not worry. We shall meet again, in person, soon enough. Right now, the boy should focus more on the problem at hand. Boy’s friends and loved one’s are in danger.”

Suddenly, images of Estoff, Rudolf, Kyrie, Richard and Reina entered my brain. But the image that got stuck on my head is Airi’s adorable smile. I clenched my fists and acknowledge the hunger of power deep inside my heart.

“I shall help the boy unlock his true potential once again.” She reached my face and then kissed my right eye. Warm sensation enveloped my eye which reached all throughways my heart. I can’t help but to blush in this sudden concurrence.

And then a flash of light made me come back to the real world.

As I opened my eyes again, I felt a triple dose of adrenaline. The nurses was stunned when they saw me immediately got up and stripped all those wires and tubes all over my body. I looked at my chest, and it was already covered with bandages. With this, I can still go on.

I searched for my uniform (which was still clean and good) and grabbed the Black Phantom’s cloak. I used my Heightened Clearance to summon my floating dynamos. As soon as I jumped out of the window, my four dynamos aligned themselves to form a metallic raft for me to land. Then the Dynamos burst forward with a fabulous speed. Thus, the “Dynamo Airboard” was born.

I can feel my connection; my heartbeat’s resonance with Airi. Using my beating heart, I pulsed to detect a similar heartbeat pattern like sonar. I can easily locate her with ease using this method.

Suddenly, I detected a glowing golden cross in the sky. My crimson right eye, which was amazingly powerful made me realize that the cross was indeed Elumina. I can also feel Airi’s heartbeats a few hundred meters from here!

There are two glowing objects flying, clashing, turning and clashing again. I was certain that it was an aerial battle between two humanoid-type creatures. As I zoomed forward, I finally found her. Airelina! She’s currently having a swordfight with Kyle Leviticus!

Kyle Leviticus shouted “DRACARYX!!! Activate Spear of Judgment!” and then a  ray of light surged from the distant glowing cross.

It was a direct hit, making Airi crash to the ground. I was thankful that she was completely intact, yet she’s definitely harmed. Estoff went to his side and then readied himself to face the angelic devil general. It seems like they were having a conversation but then Kyle Leviticus shouted again!

“DRACARYX!” As soon as I heard those words, my adrenaline gushed more. I won’t let him attack them again! Not on my watch!

I activated my Maximum Clearance, and summoned the half body of a gigantic skeleton robot. Deus Ex Machina! The skull opened its mouth and revealed a laser gun that unleashed a beam of light which went straight to the six-winged knight. And then there was a loud explosion in the skies.

Airi and Estoff turned to the source of the blue beam of light, and saw me. “I’m sorry I’m late!” I confidently said with a salute. “You really have a big trouble here, aren’t you?”

“A-Amphy…” Airi cried. It feels good to see her again.

“Cheeky wanker.” Estoff made a single laugh.

I rushed to their side and lend my hand to my scarlet-haired dragonoid to help her back on her feet again. She gave me the photon sword she’s wielding. And then a glowing blue light was emitted from her chest.

Meanwhile, General Kyle Leviticus was unscathed. The Shield Plate which was protecting him from deadly blows all this time went zero percent. Because of this, he threw the plate away and glared at us with a killing intent. Negating this is Airi’s loud mouth.

“Now that Amphy’s here, we three will kick your ass! Totally!”

Advertisement
Remove

Support "Vesryn Pulse [Completed]"

About the author

ArchlordZero

  • Philippines
  • Archlord Zero

Bio: 📚 ArchlordZERO: A Filipino writer with a global vision. 🌍

✨ Immerse yourself in the fantastical, humorous, and deeply moving stories that ArchlordZERO crafts.

🪄 Fantasy, Comedy, Drama: ArchlordZERO weaves emotions seamlessly into every word. Get ready to laugh and cry within the same story.

📖 Grab a tissue and dive into the enchanting world of ArchlordZERO.

💡 Support the magic by donating on PayPal:
https://www.paypal.me/archlordzero

Achievements
Comments(1)
Log in to comment
Log In