A note from Tsura_Alvah

I've been trying to end the Third arc for a while now but it keeps growing for some reason. Every time I say just two more chapters two more chapters later I'm saying the same thing. It's like the story has a mind of its own. It doesn't feel like I'm the one doing the writing! I'm a slave to my own story!

Well, it's not like the quality dropped, I just keep getting new ideas. 

Oh, at the end of this arc, I'm going to publish the character designs of Miko, Tiamat, Hina, Ace, and Sora. Grown up edition. So look forward to that. 

 

Enjoy the chapter!

Advertisement
Remove

“Shortly after I met Klick, who introduced me to Sora and Ace, as well as many other stuff I can't possibly thank him enough for.”

Said Hina, who spent the last hour telling her story. There were many times when she had to stop in the middle, but she was able to say everything she wanted to.

“……..”

During that time, Miko silently listened without any specific expressions on his face.

This made Hina anxious. She was afraid that he would display signs of disgust, but this wasn't any better since she had no idea what he was thinking.

And then such a Miko-

“And?”

“Huh?”

Suddenly had a confused expression, as if there was something he didn't understand.

“D-Didn’t you understand what I just said?”

Hina asked anxiously.

“Of course, I did. But I still didn't hear the part that was suppose to disgust me.”

Miko spoke casually. In response that, Hina became flustered.

“Y-You didn't hear what was supposed to disgust you? Weren’t you listening?! I killed 124 people, including my grandmother. And for, what?! A friend?! I'm the worst type of person there is!”

“Shut up, Brat.”

“….?!”

Miko's sudden cold tone made everyone in the room tense up.

“Worse kind of person there is? No, there are a lot of people who committed worse acts than you. I'm one of them.”

He spoke as if what he was saying was obvious.

“Compare to scum like me, your crimes are child's play. You unintentional killed 124 people. So what? If you put 10 people in your shoes, 7 out of the 10 would have similar or worse result than yours.”

Humanity was an imperfect race. If they're suddenly given overwhelming power, a large majority of them will let it go to their heads, and bring ruin to themselves and those around them. Hinami's case was something similar.

“It might come across the wrong way, but your so called sins are nothing special to me. In fact, I already had a vague idea of them.”

“What?!”

“You don't remember? You told me that you killed your grandmother the first day we met. You most likely told me that determine my true nature, right?”

Miko realized that Hina was trying to see what kind of person he was when she told him that, by observing his reaction.

“What was my reply to you?”

“… ‘Is that so?’ I believe.”

“Yep. To be honest at that time I knew that you were telling the truth, by listening to your heartbeat.”

“Heartbeat?”

Asked Sora.

“My senses are far above a human’s. Because of that I can collect information in a way only I can.”

Miko grinned at Hina.

“While you were trying to test me, I was already two steps ahead.”

His grin turned into a teasing smile.

“Well, anyway. Your crimes don't disgust me at all. And they won't make me hate you. In fact hearing about your past makes you more interesting. So stop your whimpering. I'm sure that's what your grandmother would've said.”

“M-Mikky…”

Hearing Miko's words made Hina feel like a weight was lifted off her shoulders.

It was the feeling that it was natural for her to be hated.

Even though meeting the man calling himself Klick, had gave her the will to live and made her able to smile again, she still had doubts.

She would occasionally wonder if it was alright for her to live, when so many died because of her.

She would sometimes have nightmares of that day, and cry herself back to sleep.

Her heart was freed from despair, but regrets still lingered.

But now it felt like those regrets were beginning to fade.

She honestly felt happy to be alive. Because if wasn't she wouldn't have met theses three boys who she loved with all of her heart.

So Hina started crying.

She cried tears of joy for meeting her friends.

She cried away her regrets and doubts.

She cried like never before.

Seeing that, Gamiko-

“So what are we going to do about the hair?”

“Huh?”

He didn't show any trace of delicacy.

“If she goes out with her hair like that, people will surely attack her. And then I will end up slaughtering dozens of people. Well, not that I mind. But, killing people takes a lot of work.”

From his tone, they knew that he was serious.

“It's okay. We have a spell that turns her hair back to its original color, but it isn't permanent.”

Said Sora.

“Really?”

“Yeah, Klick thought us before he died.”

“Klick, huh.”

Miko looked like he was pondering something for a while, before speaking.

“Then what about, Darius? He should be aiming for Hina's life, right?”

“That's also okay. He can't attack me for a while.”

Answered Hina.

“There's a spell casted on me that only allows Darius to come near me once every three full moons.”

“What? That sounds like a powerful spell…..Did this klick guy cast it?”

“Yes.”

“I see….”

Miko then turn his back to the others.

“I'm going back to sleep for a bit. When I wake up there's something I want to discuss with the three of you.”

“Are you still in pain?”

Hina ask with a worried tone.

“Yeah. But a goodnight sleep should help.”

Miko opened the door and was about to leave when-

“Um, Mikky!”

Hina called out to him.

He turned and looked at her.

“T-Thank you for accepting me! As well as saving me earlier!....I'm really glad I met you!”

If you find this story on Amazon, be aware that it has been stolen. Please report the infringement.

She thanked Miko while blushing.

Seeing this, Miko-

“What, confessing your love towards a 6-year-old? You're quite daring. Let's talk about such things when you're older, Hinami.”

With those teasing words, he left the room leaving Hinami with an embarrassed look on her face.

The moment he left the room, the smile disappeared from his face.

(Boy, there's something bugging me.)

While he was walking towards his room, Tiamat spoke to him in his mind.

“Is it about this Klick guy?”

(Yeah. There's something fishy about him.)

“I agree. According to Sora, Klick is his adoptive grandfather, as well as the man who found Ace when he lost his memories in an accident. ”

This wasn't the first time Miko has heard Klick’s name. Over the last three months the trio has mention his name on several occasions. So when he asked who he was one day, Sora and Ace answered:

“Klick is someone I literally owe my life to. When I lost my family four years ago, he took me in and raised me as his own.”

“Four years I got into an accident and lost my memories, it was Sora and his grandfather Klick who found me. He took me, who had nowhere to go, and raised me.”

Those were their respective answers.

“Don't you think it's strange that all three of them met him 4 years ago? Not only that, he was the one who taught them magic.”

(Those three are extremely talented in their own way. I doubt it's a coincidence that one man found three talented kids, solve all their problems, raised them, and then teach them magic.)

“You think he's the one who implanted the aura in them?”

(I'm 100% sure. His acts were too benevolent, humans don't normally do the stuff he did without benefiting in someway.)

“That's true. I know I wouldn't.”

(Darius said he killed him right?)

“Yeah.

(I don't think that should be possible.)

“Why?”

(From what those three said, the man calling himself Klick should be someone really powerful. The fact that he thought those boys, means that he at least can use [Sound Magic] well as [Boost Player], since you can't teach what you don't know.

And then there's those two spells he used on that girl. The first isn't a big deal since it's just a simple [Deception Spell]. The problem is the other one, [Lunar Restriction].)

“Is it a powerful spell?”

(For a human, yes. It's a spell where the caster links two people to the lunar cycle. The caster then set a condition for the persons they linked. For example, “They can't kill each other as long as there isn't a new moon”. The persons they linked won't be able to go against this condition unless they break the spell.)

“That's a pretty amazing spell.”

(Only a [Upper A Class] and up can use it.)

“I see.That's far stronger than Darius.”

(There's more. [Lunar Restriction] should only be able to link persons to one lunar cycle at a time, but Darius and that girl are linked to three at a time. To be able to lengthen the amount of cycles you want to link them to, you need to be extremely powerful.)

“How powerful?”

(For three full moons, at least [Upper SS Class].)

“What?!”

(There should be no [SS Classes] or higher in this kingdom, who are outside the Dragna Clan, Flameheart Clan, or the Saevio Clan. Which means that he was strong enough to hide his presence not only from these clans, but also me who oversees this kingdom as its guardian deity.)

Tiamat's voice had a hint of irritation to it.

“I see. Then Darius couldn't have been able to kill him, which means he implanted his aura in them, set a condition for when it should take effect, fake his death, and left.”

(About the aura, it disappeared.)

“What?”

(It self destruct when that girl started crying. It was as if another criteria was met.)

“What criteria was that?”

(…This is just a guess but what if the criteria was acceptance?)

“What do you mean?"

(Think about it. You've lived with them for three months, but the aura never left them, but it suddenly self destruct the moment you “accepted” that girl. What if the criteria was for a mutual acceptance between you and them?)

“You mean that this Klick guy wanted me to form a real relationship with them? What for?”

(That's what I want to know! Shit! It feels like someone is purposely messing with me! And it stinks of a Higher Being! The moment I found out which one I'm going to stuff the moon down their throats and the sun up their ass!)

“Woah, there. Chill. Don't go soiling our one and only sun. This is actually beneficial for us. If you're theory is true then it'll be easier to acquire those three for myself. It might be what Klick wants, but it's still a good deal.”

(…Well, I suppose you're right. And plus now that I've recorded his aura, I'll always know when he's near you.)

“Good.”

Miko had a feeling that the man named Klick will return one day, whether he returns as an enemy or foe will determine his relationship with Hina and the others.

 


The other day, Miko and the others were all sitting around a table in the entertainment room.

Both he and Hina were sitting on the ends, while Sora and Ace were on the left and right.

“What do you three intend to do about Darius?”

Asked Miko.

“What can we do? He's by far stronger than us and has a higher status. We basically can't do anything against him, without risking our lives.”

Sora replied.

Miko showed a bored expression at his reply, and then turned to the others.

“So, you two agree?”

“Darius is just too much for us to handle. It's like trying to use a level 1 character to beat the final boss.”

“I agree, Mikky. You've seen his power, right? Darius may not be as strong as a general, but he's the next best thing.”

Upon hearing their answers, Miko had a disappointed look on his face.

He then looked them in the eyes and said-

“I'm going to kill, Darius.”

“Are you serious, Mikky?! There's no way you can do that!”

“Don't throw your life away, Gamiko!”

Hina and Ace were frantic, while Sora calmly asked him a question.

“….Do you think you can do it?”

“Alone, no. But, it's possible if all of us do it.”

“Sorry, Gamiko. But I have no intention of fighting someone as dangerous as that Mad Nobleman.”

“Fight? I think you're misunderstanding something here.”

Sora looked at Miko with a confused expression.

Seeing that, Miko displayed a devilish smile and said-

“I'm not planning to fight him fair and square. Oh, no. I'm not in the mood for that.”

His devilish smile became one of pure savagery.

“I just want him dead. In other words, it's an execution.”

“….Is the reason you want to kill him is because of me?"

Hina asked.

He shook his head in reply.

“No. This has nothing to do with your past with him, Hina.”

“Then why would you risk your life to just to kill him?”

“Because as long as he's alive my life will be at risk…..No, wait. That's only a small part of it. My real reason is because he tried to kill me. And to me, that's a sin worthy of death.”

Sora could tell that Miko was angry. Angry to point that he would risk his life just to kill someone.

“….You're insane.”

Those words slip from his mouth. In response Miko-

“Oh, you didn't know. We were all born insane. It's just that some of us are better at hiding it.”

The three stared at the 6 year old in front of them thinking; “What is this kid saying?”

As if realizing that, Miko showed a frown.

“Then let me ask you something. Do you three intend to live in fear your whole life? Because I don't.”

Miko looked at them seriously and spoke.

“You guys can beat a thousand of his men, but as along as he's alive you'll be shackled by fear. And that will cause your growth to come to an halt.”

“What do you mean?”

Ace asked.

“Humans are naturally cowardly creatures. However, that doesn't mean we're weak. Cowards are sneaky and cunning, in fact they're more dangerous than the so-called brave. Hence, cowards can be strong. But that only depends on the type of coward you are.”

Miko used his thumb and pointed to himself.

“I'm the type of coward that tries to eliminate his fears by any means necessary, and won't rest until he does it. Whether I have to give up a limb or two, I won't hesitate to do it if it means getting rid of my fear. Those are the type of cowards who are the most dangerous. But I'm also the type of coward who will accept my fear, and create multiple schemes to overcome it.”

He then pointed at the trio.

“But you three are neither. You three are the type of cowards who would tremble in fear and watch as everything you love gets taken from you, and then curse your own weakness while still not trying to change. The worst type of cowards. The ones I hate the most.”

“What did you say you brat?!”

“That's going to far!”

“What do you know?!”


Hearing those words, the trio intensely glared at Miko, and shouted angrily at him. However, he ignore the glares and continued.

“I know, because I used to be that type of coward as well. But, I used hate to out grow my cowardice.”

“…You used hate.”

Sora asked.

“That's right. The hatred I had towards my enemies far outweighs my fear towards them. Can't you three relate? Didn't Darius kill your savior?”

Their brows twitch at Miko's words. Seeing that, he smiled.

“Or is it that he wasn't someone worth risking your life for?”

“You bastard!”

Sora jump across the table and grabbed Miko by the collar.

“What do you know about, Klick?! He was great man and savior to all of us! Don't talk bad about him!”

Sora punched Miko in the face, and lifted his arm to do it again. But, before he could he was stop by Miko's next words.


“If he's such a great person, then why do you cower in fear as his killer roams free?"

“….That's…”

Miko headbutt Sora, causing him to let go.

“Ouch…that hurt more than I expected.”

He said as rubbed his jaw and forehead.

“Listen, I'm not telling you to go full suicidal and just charge at Darius. I'm not that unreasonable.”

Sora held his head and replied.

“Then what are you telling us to do?”

“Help me kill the guy you know you hate the most.”

“And I'm telling you that is suicide!”

“Not if you have a plan that is sure kill.”

“You expect me to believe that you devised a plan that can take down someone who's in a higher [Class] than us? Don't screw with me.”

“Oh, but it's true. Tiamat approved of it herself.”

“Tiamat?”

Sora and Ace had confused expressions while Hina-

“Mikky, your Parent God was Tiamat?!”

She was excited.

“Parent God….Wait, you're a Proxy?!”

“Huh? I didn't tell you guys? I thought I did.”

(That's a lie. You purposely didn't mention it.)

“I went over it with her and she said that it can work. None of you will die, and you'll get your revenge as well.”

“….To think that the lizard you always talk about, was the goddess of this kingdom. Isn't she your ancestor?”

“Don't worry, she doesn't mind.”

(I do mind! I mind a lot!)

“So what do you say? It's a plan devised by the one who knows this country and its people the best. There's nothing to lose.”

 

After the meeting came to an end, Miko was resting in his room.

(You would make a great politician, you know that. The way you manipulate those kids actions from start to finish was praiseworthy. You even allowed yourself to get hit.)

“You're pretty sarcastic today.”

(No, I'm serious. The way how you casually revealed that you're my Proxy was brilliant as well.)

“They were doubting our chances too much, so I knew that if I mention you who is worshipped throughout the kingdom, I'll be able to convince them.”

(But will that be okay? This plan of yours is extremely risky. Worst case scenario you all might die.)

“Don't worry. I have no intention of letting them die. That's the reason why I asked you to teach me that technique. Remember you owe two techniques.”

(…..Miko, what you're trying to learn will literally break you. One mistake and you might end up paralyze or dead.)

“I know the risks. But in order to execute Darius I need an older body.”

(….It's true that if you carry out your plan in that 6-year-old body, you'll only have 5% succeeding.)

“But, if I learn that technique and temporarily double my age, than it rises to 40% right?”

(…Right.)

“Then I'll do it.”

(Fine. It normally takes years to learn, but since it's you, it'll probably take a month to learn and two months to master. That's the entire three months you have before Darius can attack again.)

“I know.”

(Then follow my every instructions.)

Tiamat paused for a while before continuing.

(Break every bone in your body in the order tell you.)

 

 

Advertisement
Remove

About the author

Tsura_Alvah

  • Jamaica

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(11)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In