Advertisement
Remove

What was in my hand was a pitch black Gas mask that was meant to cover only the bottom half of my face. What was odd about it was that it had a pattern that looked like the leaves of a Holly plant at the edges. It also eminatted a weird vibe, as though I was looking straight at a black hole, it was sucking me in.


Item name: Skill Rank: Skill Level: Skill Experience:
The Glutton U
A mask that grows with the user by absorbing the blood of the users enemies and eating items. +5 to all stats, health +100, mana +100, Immune to toxic substances in the form of gas, has extended breathing ability under water (+10 minutes), health regen increases in battle depending on the a mound of blood and items absorbed by the mask. Once a week you are able to activate the special skill [Gluttony] which allows for the consumption of any item.[Color=Red] Warning:This item is permanently bound to the user as item is fed it will increase the benefits it gives the user.

“This is amazing, I have a growing item with me, best of all, it can't be stolen!”

Things were kind of looking up for me now, although it said it was bound to the user, something about that warning in red made me feel uneasy when it came to handling this piece of equipment. Something was telling me not to put the mask on right now, but I decided to stop being such a wuss and put it on.

Worst mistake of my life.

“AGH!?”

I started screaming my lungs out as the edges of the mask spread from my cheeks to the back of my neck, once the left and right side intertwined at the back of my neck I felt as though needles were inserted into my face directly from the mask. This whole process proved to be excruciating.

“What the Fuck!”

The only thing on my Mind at this moment was ‘Oh Shit! Is this what it meant when it said the mask was permanently bound to me?’

I try to take off the mask but to no avail, ‘Shit, I'll be living with a mask for the rest of my life!’

Congratulations, for obtaining an item from the 7 Sins set you obtain the sin of that item. As you accumulate more sin items set bonuses will be added, increasing your overall performance/power.

I have a question though, can I get another sin from the lottery if someone allready processes it? Because it is U ranked so only one exists. This also raised many questions such as where does the lottery skill get the items from? Does it take it from somewhere? From a person? Does it create an identical item based on the original? This skill is a bit confusing in the aspect that the origin of the items are unknown.

Title: sin of gluttonyYou possess the sin of Gluttony,what else is there to be said? You gain +150 health, the ability to eat without bounds (Can consume otherwise inedible items) your stomach became a void (you are unable to become full) you have become immune to poisons. As the sin of Gluttony you are able to gain an increase in stats by consuming your defeated opponent. (Stat gained will be the stat the target excelled in the most.)


This is something huge! With this my strength will increase dramatically over time. Let's check out my stats.

“Status”

Status Window
Name:   Nico King Level: 7 Race: human Class: none Titles: The Beta,Underdog,Sin Of Gluttony
Strength:   65 Agility: 60
Intelligence:   42 Wisdom: 57
-
Health:   450 / 450 Health Regen: 5 / Sec
Mana:   360 / 360 Mana Regen: 7 / Sec

That's pretty amazing, I'm one step closer to becoming a legend, no…. A God! Hahaha, just kidding. But I am doing pretty amazing, except my sense of direction sucks, I am surrounded by nothing but trees.

I have been roaming in search of a town or creatures to fight to increase my level for about a week now.

“seriously? I have wasted a quarter of my time in this world being lost, sometimes there is no luck for the honorable man, such as myself.”

*Sigh~*

Let's start walking again.
__________________________________________________________________________

after a half an hour of walking I finally arrive towards a road! all I have to do is follow the road and I am bound to reach a town! I have to find a way to take off this gas mad since I look shady with it.

Imagine seeing a black haired teen with a gas mask, a hoody ,and a sword walking up to you.

You would shoot them on the spot. Well I am not really going to try and test my ability to get an arrow lunged in my head.

I keep pulling and yanking the mask, but it's not even giving an inch. I even tried stabbing it. I learned two thing. Number 1, my mask is sword proof, indestructible. And two, don't leave weapons near my face as the mask will literally eat at until nothing is left. I touched the tip of my sword to the mask for about 2 seconds and I was left with a squared tip.

I guess I'll just leave the mask alone.

About an hour into my walk on the road I hear yelling.

“Give us the princes and we will let you people live!”

“Never! You have to go through us to get to the princes!”

I see about 5 bandits surrounding a luxurious carriage and 3 knights trying to fend off the bandits, it appears there was a total of five as well but two of them are on the floor, dead. I believe he bandits got the better of them.

I also spot a young woman of about 19 years old coming out of the carriage, I got to admit that she is quite the looker, her breasts and perky and so is her ass. She comes out of the carriage and starts casting fireballs. But after about 6 casts she appears to be exhausted.

I keep walking forward, no matter what I do not want to get involved in this, I am just going to go on through.as I get by one of the bandits spots me, and so does the young girl, the girl looks at me with pleading eyes and calls out.

“Help!”

The bandit leader looks at me and brandishes his dagger getting ready to lunge at me if I try anything. This situation is quite tricky, but she isn't my problem, I am just trying to survive, sorry princess.

“ Don't mind me, I'm just passing through! Oh! Do any of you know the direction of the nearest village?”

The bandit looks at me with a questioning gaze but he answers anyways.

“Follow the road up ahead, in about 2 days you will reach a sign that says Blossom kingdom.

This tale has been unlawfully obtained from Royal Road. If you discover it on Amazon, kindly report it.

I sigh to myself, 2 days, such a pain.

“Thank you, as you were.”

I continue walking forward hoping they would ignore me, but to no avail. The princes glares at me and calls out.

“Hey you! How dare you! I am princess Diana of the blossom kingdom! And you dare ignore me and leave me to die at the hands of these barbarians!? Are you even a man!”

She pisses me off, she is one of those self entitled people. I look at her and the bandit fighting for a second and say.

“Not my problem.”

And I continue walking but as I am walking away one of the bandits speaks this time.

“ now that you know she is the princess of the princess of blossom kingdom I cannot let you leave alive!.”

You have to be kidding me, she is the one who said that, I couldn't care less.

“I just want to leave I swear I won't…”

As I am trying to get myself out of the situation the bandit leader charges at me with a dagger attempting to decapitate me. I crouch down rapidly, having so much agility makes it feel as though everything around me slows down for a bit, it's the same as what happens when the flash runs except in an extremely smaller level.

After crouching down I quickly swing my sword towards my the bandit I expected to graze his shoulder but instead my sword hacked at his shoulder leaving his arm hanging by an inch and a half of flesh.

“AGH!”

I also see something that is quite disturbing, the blood that he is losing is coming towards me as though it is Alive and it runs up my body and gets absorbed by my mask.

He looks at me in terror.

“De..Demon!”

He then starts retreating but I don't let him, experiment a bit and swing my sword while gathering mana. I then release it and a wave of mana comes out and slashes right through him.

congratulations you learned the spell crescent slash.

I want to check out the effect of this ability.

Spell Name: Spell Rank: Spell Level: Mana consumption:
Crescent slash R 1 100
a powerful attack that deals damage equal to 2x your intelligence, every point of wisdom affects its range by a foot.(Distance can be adjusted, damage cannot).

That is a pretty good spell, it really consumes an enormous amount of mana though, but with this spell I will be unstoppable when I become a higher level.

I walk up to the dead bandit leader and I will my mask to consume him. I was hesitant to do this at first but then I decided to do it anyway as I needed power. To consumes the corpse the mask released a black cloud from the filter and engulfed the corpse, the cloud grew bigger and expanded and then came towards the mask rapidly and was absorbed.

Strength +2

The bandits upon witnessing their leader be consumed began to flee, luckily for me they all ran in the same direction, it's time to test my ability on multiple targets.

“Crescent Slash!”

I fasted it, but this time instead of doing it vertically I did it horizontally and it slashed through all 3 of them. Meanwhile the princes had just finished killing hers off.

I will the mask to absorb the three I defeated.

agility +3 intelligence +5

I begin to walk away when I hear

“Wait! What is your name!?”

I look at the one who spoke, it's the princess.

“Nico King”

And I begin to walk away. Ten minutes into my walk I begin to get bored to I start sprinting for half an hour before becoming exhausted.

The bandits were quite impressive, they gave me five levels, that means that I have 25 unallocated characteristic points. I decide to add all 25 of them to agility. My fighting style is speed oriented and I can overwhelm my opponents with lightning fast slashes.

I feel my body become extremely lighter than before, almost as though I had 100 pounds taken away from me.

I begin getting ready to sprint, I count to three, one.. Two.. Three! I kickoff and feel a burst of power, I look up and see a tree, before I can do anything I had already rammed myself shoulder first knocking over the tree, I was proud of myself for being able to know over a tree that was six inches thick until I saw that I had lost 150 health in that exchange.

Not only had I lost health, I looked at my left shoulder and my arm was limp, I had dislocated my shoulder, taking my arm with it. It looked like a cooked noodle and hurt when I moved it, but I knew I had to snap it back in place.
I hold my shoulder with my right hand and apply all my strength to snap it back.

“Agh! Shit! That hurt!”

I screamed very loudly, all of a sudden I hear heavy movement coming my way, as it gets closer it becomes even more rapid, by the time I turn to look all I see is an ogre, huge greenish yellow skin long nails, and yellow teeth holding a club.

The ogre charges into me blowing me off my feet.

“Ugh! Damn that's another 100 health that means I am down to 200.”

I look at the ogre, hold up my sword and charge at it, I hack at his wrist with my sword causing it to be hacked off.it then look up to the sky and roars.

“Roar!”

I had gotten ogre saliva all over me,the ogre's blood is currently currently flowing to me which is healing me,I begin to dodge as the ogre launches a barrage of attacks at me. I am dodging to allow myself some time to heal with the mask’s healing ability by absorbing its blood.

It picks up the club with its right hand, it's wrist is still grasping it, it then swings at me vertically, I dodge and cast crescent slash, I wait for him to be slashed in half but instead I see the ogres has been wounded but is still kicking.

I managed to give it a wound about 2 inches deep from its belly button to its right shoulder in the shape of a crescent moon.

As the ogre inspects his wounds he raises his club up with great agony and tries to swing at me. Slowly but surely he is losing strength so I just dodge, ten minutes later it can barely lift its club and just looks at me with a glare.

“Sorry buddy, this one is on you”

I swing my sword down horizontally to his neck in order to decapitate it. I expected a severed head but instead saw the sword penetrate an inch into its neck then stop moving.

The ogre is crying tears of torment, I continue to swing until it's head falls off, it took me 4 swings, I need to get a better sword

Congratulations you leveled up 3 times

I have 15 unused characteristic points, agility really helped this time around but I feel as thigh strength would help more for now since I have to back at the monsters to kill them as this sword has lost its sharpness.

I add 15 points to strength and feel my muscles burst with power. I will the mask to absorb the ogre soon after and am greeted by a sweet message.

health +150

I guess I got the vitality of an ogre. I take out some potato chips and start eating.

The weird thing about this mask is that when I eat, once food gets near my mouth it's instantly teleported inside. This mask has also been giving me problems, I eat too much!

I continue to follow the road for a day and a half, due to my agility I run faster than a carriage.
I reach a sign that says Blossom kingdom, 1 mile away.

I walk towards the kingdom and reach the gate.

Time to get me a weapon.
________________________________________

*POV Princess Diana*

We had just been attacked by bandits, two of my guards were sneak attacked and killed. The remaining two guards were outnumbered 5 to 3 and were being suppressed, I decided to come out and join the battle.

As I am stepping out of my carriage I see what appears to be a male around the same age as me with black hair covered in a black hood and mask on. He gave off a mysterious and yet slightly sinister vibe.

I wait for him to assist me but instead he says he is just on his way and even asked for directions, I then see him leaving. Who the hell does that!? I yell at him to assist me and even give out my status.

Instead of helping he just shrugs it off as though he doesn't care, it's not until the bandit leader refused to let him go that he springs into action. This mysterious person slashed the bandits arm off and he began to absorb blood! All the blood the leader was losing was moving its way to the man.

When the leader saw this he called him a demon and attempted to flee, but instead was slashed in half from head to toe by a wave of mana that came from the man's sword.

He then walks up to the corpse and a dark cloud comes out from him and engulfs the corpse, the corpse became part of the dark cloud of gas and it expanded and was absorbed by him.

He sent the same wave of mana to the other fleeing bandits and absorbed them as well.his strength is overwhelming but rather than his strength it's his speed that is frightening.

As he walks away I asked him for his name, he responded.

“Nico King”

I will make sure to remember him, if I can somehow bring a powerhouse like him into our kingdom we may be able to win the war against the kingdom of Mane. Ever since we were able to obtain the mana mines the Kingdom of mane has been at war with us to reclaim the mines.

Fourteen minutes after we started moving, I spotted what appears to be footprint imbedded on the road and a trail that leads to a tree that has been knocked over.

Next to the tree I see a huge club with a green hand that is tightly grasping it's hilt.

“Princess, this hand appears to have belonged to an ogre, you don't think it was him do you?”

I look at him as though he should already know the answer to that.

I smile and look up at the sky.

“Sir Ray, make preparations and investigate this man, I want to know who he is, I want to recruit him."

"If that is what your highness desires, I shall humbly oblige."

I get back in my carriage, the wheels begin to spin, I'm going home.

Advertisement
Remove
A note from Ammorol

Guys, so the new royalroadl website update feels awkward to me, but hey! Atleast the chapter was finally able to be formatted correctly, for the most part? Listen, it's a chapter, that's all that matters right? I'll be updating more regularly now that I know that the chapters will be formatted correctly, and hey! I really like to write, one of the reasons I decided to see if the chapter would be formatted right was because I got tired of the stories that are currently on royalroadl, with the exception of a few stories like Lazy Ash which I love, I've noticed that the stories aren't as interesting as they were when I first joined, so I'm taking up the role of making a story that is enjoyable. so, I Hope you guys like the story and de member I really appreciate your input, :)


About the author

Ammorol

Bio:

Achievements
Comments(4)
Log in to comment
Log In

Log in to comment
Log In