Advertisement
Remove

“What kind of comedy is that…?” Resysha weakly muttered as she places her hand on her forehead and heaves out a big sigh.

“Please, let’s not talk about it further, Miss Reysha.” Eiru lightly pleads.

“I’m worried about my own mental health if I pry further so let’s leave it at that.” Reysha said giving up any thoughts of asking further.

“Anyway, Miss Reysha, you have a request don’t you?” Eiru reminded Reysha.

“That’s right, Eiru. You’re going in one of Breille’s cities, right?” Reysha asked with a serious countenance.

“Yes. Not only that, if business is rough, I have to head to the capital. There’s not much black market I can sell our loots and among them, only few can buy expensive jewelries.” Eiru clarified.

“Hmm… I’ll pretend I didn’t hear about the black market. So in short, you are going cities to cities for business right?” Reysha asks to make sure.

“Yes. Necessities and needs such as food and construction materials will also be procured during that time. I have to get the timing right too when traveling routes to meet acquaintances en route to buy cheaper goods and then either keep it or resell it in towns or cities with added prices.” Eiru explained.

“Then, for my request, would you gather any kind of information, small or big, relating to any signs of war or indication that Breille Kingdom is preparing for.” Reysha told Eiru about her request.

“But won’t Miss Reysha would do better in this kind of matter? Connections and such to noble families and your infamy would let you gather information quickly.” Eiru reasoned with Reysha with worried expression.

“That’s not a good idea. A noble of Kerias Kingdom snooping around in another kingdom, also, since I am famous, nobles and royalties who visited Kerias Kingdom would immediately recognize me and it may spark a war is basis of sending me as a spy to their kingdom. Also, I am going back to Kerias to do my own investigation.” Reysha said to reject Eiru’s argument.

“I see. You really did thought well on this matter, Miss Reysha. I’ll comply obediently to your request. Trades and businesses would be hard if war broke out after all. Also, this forest will be affected too and it may catch the attention of the demon lord.” Eiru said while scratching the back of his head. “Anyway, how long do we need to gather information?” he added.

“A month. Please do it in a month or less.” Reysha promptly answered Eiru’s question.

“A month?! I am not saying it’s impossible but that’s too risky. I need to bring a few fellows for it after all, huh?” Eiru said as he places his finger under his chin.

“Fellows? For intelligent gathering? Is there anyone else capable of doing it?” Reysha tilted her head upon Eiru’s statement.

Unauthorized duplication: this narrative has been taken without consent. Report sightings.

“Yes. As you can see, I am responsible for trades and keeping network of information but I am extremely bad at bargaining so I always bring Furan with me. Since he has a dimensional storage too, it’s a win-win situation. I would like to bring Teth as he is a good talker but we cannot afford losing him…for food reasons of course. And then there’s Morio.” Eiru mentioned another name that caught Reysha’s attention.

“Morio?”

“Yes. Morio, although a bandit like us, he was originally a travelling bard. He’s quiet but he is a sweet talker and has the charisma for alluring people. We’ll be splitting with him if we needed. Amadeo might have to go with him too.” Eiru explained.

Reysha remembers that one of the bandits was holding a lute and wears a hat with feather stuck on it. Donning an platinum brown hair which tied in pony tail and sharp blue eyes, he stand a bit taller than Falikh with thin but firm muscles. Morio is a man with blank expression but readable eyes.

“Morio, huh. Alright, Eiru. I’m counting on you. I’ll repay this request someday.” Reysha said.

Reysha was first reluctant but she has no choice but to ask the bandits for assistance to go to the bottom of the problem. She does not want a war breaking out but she doesn’t want to overtly show herself so instead, she planned that she will work with the bandits in the shadow to stop the impending war.

“Miss Reysha, although you said you will investigate in one month but, how do you plan to go back to Kerias Kingdom? It would take a month by carriage to get back there!” Eiru told Reysha a fact that bugs his mind.

“Oh? That? Hehe.” Reysha smirks as she holds out three fingers towards Eiru which made him confused.

“Three?”

“I can go back to Kerias Kingdom in three days if I seriously sprint! Maybe five with breaks but I assure you that it’s a feat I can do.” Reysha told Eiru which it reminded him how powerful Reysha is.

“Ahahaha… I really don’t think you and Demon Lord Ivy should ever cross path.” He weakly said as he laughs.

“I hope you jinx it.” Reysha said with blank tone.

“So Miss Reysha, I will be asking the people involved in this information gathering and I do hope that you can help me sometimes.” Eiru worriedly clarified.

“Are you looking down on me? Won’t this even be an advantage for you lot? I, being deeply involved to you guys give you the assurance of not being reported or disposed, right? You are making a connection with a really strong person here.” Reysha sternly said towards Eiru with threatening eyes.

“I-I didn’t mean to offend you in a way, Miss Reysha. What you said is also true if we fully trust you. You aren’t going to report us after all?” Eiru timidly asks.

“Here’s the deal, I will not be reporting you lot as long as you don’t try to stain my noble name and bid to every orders I give, in return, an absolute protection from me and a wide range of connections inside Kerias Kingdom. I am willing to go that far as long as you follow my conditions so you guys can continue being bandits.” Reysha squint her eyes as she explains it.

“Wh-?! M-Miss Reysha, if what you are saying is the truth, then isn’t there more for us than your gain? I mean, we’re just bandits.” Eiru showed his skepticism to Reysha’s suggestion. “Also, I cannot decide this by myself!” he added.

“I don’t care about my gain here. As long as you bid every orders then that would cut it.” Reysha reinforced her statement. “Also, I don’t want to send Camille to jail now. My ex-wife in jail…” she told herself inwardly.

“I see… then I shall talk to others about it but, Miss Reysha, there’s one last thing that bothers me.” Eiru said as his eyes swam around.

“About what?” Reysha immediately urges him.

“What are you going to do even if you knew what’s happening behind this war?” he asks.

“Hmmm. Maybe have you guys seduced the queen or something? That’s what you guys are good for to be honest.” she said with flat face.

 

Advertisement
Remove

Support "Bandit Host Club"

About the author

zedeine99

  • Writing Enthusiast

Bio: I am a struggling writer and artists that is not so good so any feedbacks are appreciated

Achievements
Comments(2)
Log in to comment
Log In